[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benching your studs...

Shaft

I am benching L.Miller for Gill if McCoy is out. I may have success, then again, I may not. Tinkering can have major problems or rewards. Most of the time for me, it is problems.

Edited by heehawks

Hopkins has been on my bench for weeks and Jeffery is probably going to join him

Is this based on that 6 team league in your signature? I would bench him too with those options. :lol:

Edited by Shaft

General idea is to "never" bench your studs because they'll eventually blow up.

However, if there are observable valid reasons for their reduced production, AND (IMO) you give them enough time to see if the reduction sticks, then bench away. This is week 7 for Hopkins and it's pretty obvious both Osweiler sucks at getting him the ball and more weapons are taking targets away from Hopkins, so if you have a better option in a better matchup, bench away.

• Like 1

I know their is unwritten expectations to never bench your studs, but has anyone done it with success? I'm looking at Hopkins in another bad match-up.

*there

Is this based on that 6 team league in your signature? I would bench him to with those options. :lol:

*too

Can a player be considered a stud after one great year? I consider a player a stud after they've proven themselves over a 3 or 4 year period. And then I'll stick with them through thick and thin. But Hopkins has still been pretty solid this year despite Osweiler sucking. He has had only one truly bad game. He has scored 16 or more fantasy points in 4 of 6 weeks. Even with his 1 catch, 4 yard performance against Tennessee, he is on pace for 83 catches, 944 yards, and 8 touchdowns.

• Like 1

Can a player be considered a stud after one great year? I consider a player a stud after they've proven themselves over a 3 or 4 year period. And then I'll stick with them through thick and thin. But Hopkins has still been pretty solid this year despite Osweiler sucking. He has had only one truly bad game. He has scored 16 or more fantasy points in 4 of 6 weeks. Even with his 1 catch, 4 yard performance against Tennessee, he is on pace for 83 catches, 944 yards, and 8 touchdowns.

I think Hopkins had a good year in 2014 also, where he broke out for 1200 yards. I think it's also the matchup. The Broncos kept AJ Green, Hilton, and Jones in check. My other options are Tyrell Williams and Hunter Henry in a potential shootout.

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1

I think Hopkins had a good year in 2014 also, where he broke out for 1200 yards. I think it's also the matchup. The Broncos kept AJ Green, Hilton, and Jones in check. My other options are Tyrell Williams and Hunter Henry in a potential shootout.

That's a tough call. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

Monday night primetime road game at Denver where Osweiler will get heckled more than ever after the way he bolted for more money (nothing wrong with that, btw, but fans have a right to dislike the guy for it). I think Houston gets buried in this game, but that also means garbage time is probably more relevant for Houston.

I'm vacillating between starting Demaryius or Hopkins, and since they both play on Monday night, I have the luxury (agony) of waiting on my decision. I did this to myself by deciding to start Ty Montgomery when I wasn't sure if Beckham would be practicing on Friday. Looks like Beckham is good to go (and the gamble on Montgomery paid off). I'm probably going with Demaryius here, though you could technically say I'm benching a stud regardless of which guy I decide to bench.

So after the pre-game report this morning, I benched Beckham. With the bye next week, I suspect they'll limit his snaps. So benching him the week after the 200+ yard and 2 TD explosion is probably the ballsiest thing I'll do all year. I'm sure I'll regret this.

So after the pre-game report this morning, I benched Beckham. With the bye next week, I suspect they'll limit his snaps. So benching him the week after the 200+ yard and 2 TD explosion is probably the ballsiest thing I'll do all year. I'm sure I'll regret this.

I think you'll either be really right (like 1-2 PPR points) or really wrong (he'll go off).

I am benching L.Miller for Gill if McCoy is out. I may have success, then again, I may not. Tinkering can have major problems or rewards. Most of the time for me, it is problems.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. I saw McCoy was playing so kept my "stud" (very loosely used here) in the lineup. Glad I did, seeing what Gil ended up with.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. I saw McCoy was playing so kept my "stud" (very loosely used here) in the lineup. Glad I did, seeing what Gil ended up with.

McCoy =1.1 points

Gil= 2 points

LOL!

I started Gil and should've benched both.

I'm leaning toward E. Sanders over Hopkins, but its hard to pull the trigger. They are trying hard to get Hopkins the ball.

That doesnt sound hard, start Sanders.

Start your studs if they are studs, Hopkins is a WR2 now, therefore no longer a must start, he is not a stud, he can be sat for a bad matchup.

• Like 2