[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don Jackson ?

tdybaz

Curious as to what you guys think Don Jackson's (Green Bay RB) future will be. I suspect Knile Davis will begin getting more carries starting next week... he'll have 10 days between games to bone up on their playbook, and Don Jackson didn't exactly do great with his 2 carries before hurting his hand.

Is Jackson even worth keeping? Discuss!

And I am, for the time being. I just suspect Torrey Smith will produce more with Kaepernick playing at QB (stronger arm, long ball), and I"d like to pick him up, but it's not dire. I have both Jackson and Knile Davis, and think Davis will get more touches as the year goes on, but just wondered what others thought.

I dropped him, even if he somehow manages to outplay Knile Davis, which I don't see happening, he still plays for the Packers who will mostly throw the football.

And don't forget that Starks is due back in 3 weeks. This is headed towards RBBC on a pass heavy offense, which is not my cup of tea thanks.

EDIT:

Lemme clarify a little bit. If I'm playing, for example, on a 14 team league with a deep bench then he's maybe worth stashing depending on whoever else is available on the wire. But anything lower than that I'd say he should be dropped.

Edited by tebby

There's also an argument to be made for Ty Montgomery keeping a large role out of the backfield which only further complicates things. I don't see how Mike McCarthy can ignore Montgomery's performances the last two weeks (13 touches, 104 yards in week 5 and 19 touches, 126 yards last week). That's over 6 yards per touch - Starks sure as hell won't do that (Lacy was having a really good per-touch year before he got hurt though). I think Davis and/or Jackson may earn a goalline role / rotational role, but I wouldn't be surprised if Montgomery remained part of the game plans going forward.

There's also an argument to be made for Ty Montgomery keeping a large role out of the backfield which only further complicates things. I don't see how Mike McCarthy can ignore Montgomery's performances the last two weeks (13 touches, 104 yards in week 5 and 19 touches, 126 yards last week). That's over 6 yards per touch - Starks sure as hell won't do that (Lacy was having a really good per-touch year before he got hurt though). I think Davis and/or Jackson may earn a goalline role / rotational role, but I wouldn't be surprised if Montgomery remained part of the game plans going forward.

yup