[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who (if anyone) do I drop to add Ryan Mathews?

saturnismine

Total newbie here, so flame away if you must, but let me know what I'm doing wrong!

Our league is standard scoring and our rosters must include 2 QBs, 2 TEs, 2 Ks, 2 DSTs; for RBs and WRs, can carry 5 RB and 5 WRs or 4 RBs and 6 WRs.

My current roster of RBs is:

- Gurley (weep for me),

- Martin (weep again),

- J-Stewart (picked up on waivers after someone got impatient with him)

- Crowell (picked him up on waivers before week 1 because someone decided..well...Browns, I guess)

- Ivory (also a waiver pickup after someone got impatient)

Well...now someone has gotten impatient with Ryan Mathews and I'm wondering if I should drop any of these guys for Ryan Mathews.

Part of me says "no way, don't even think about it" but another part of me says "get a sanity check before deciding to take a pass." It seems like it should be either Martin (speaking of getting impatient with a RB) or Ivory who goes. But the upside on Martin is too great

I'm at the top of our league's waiver order (thanks for nothin' but inconsistency, Jordy Nelson, Jeremy Maclin, Jarvis Landry, and Michael Floyd), so when he clears, he'll be mine if I submit the claim.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I'd say that you could technically drop Ivory for him but they're very similar FF players in the sense that

1) They're both ridiculously inconsistent in the points they give you

2) They're both ridiculously injury-prone

I prefer Ryan Mathews atm because he plays on a better team with a better offense. But all this could be a moot point if he happens to suffer a season ending injury this weekend, which he has an annoying habit of repeating.

I honestly don't think that he's worth a top waiver claim though, there will be most likely be injuries in the coming weeks which will leave some really interesting, potential season-changing players up for grabs on waivers.

Thanks for this response, tebby.

The fact that Mathews plays for a better offense is the one reason that I'm considering him over Ivory. I'm sure the other coach got rid of Mathews because, in addition to the problems you mention, the Eagles lost Lane Johnson for ten games and I doubt he has any faith in their o-line's ability to open up holes with the rookie at RT.

Plus it seems like Ivory could slowly start to eat away at Yeldon's carries if last week's trends continue.

Standing pat seems the way to go.

Thanks for this response, tebby.

The fact that Mathews plays for a better offense is the one reason that I'm considering him over Ivory. I'm sure the other coach got rid of Mathews because, in addition to the problems you mention, the Eagles lost Lane Johnson for ten games and I doubt he has any faith in their o-line's ability to open up holes with the rookie at RT.

Plus it seems like Ivory could slowly start to eat away at Yeldon's carries if last week's trends continue.

Standing pat seems the way to go.

I'd stand pat but at the same time temper your expectations for Ivory over the rest of the season. Even if he continues to eat away at Yeldon's carries it might not mean much in a standard scoring league. After all, Yeldon was the only real running back on this team last season and yet put up just barely flex-worthy numbers.

I'd stand pat but at the same time temper your expectations for Ivory over the rest of the season. Even if he continues to eat away at Yeldon's carries it might not mean much in a standard scoring league. After all, Yeldon was the only real running back on this team last season and yet put up just barely flex-worthy numbers.

Totally agree with you about Ivory. What I'd really like is for the trio of Gurley, Stewart, and eventually Martin to make worrying about the bottom of my RB roster a luxury instead of a necessity. Stewart's showing last weekend was promising. But expectations for Gurley and Martin are tempered, too, naturally. Good luck this weekend.