[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That was the dumbest game ever. No touchdowns and a 6-6 tie.

DMD

Though I am glad the Cards only get the Hawks 2x per year in the regular season, I could watch these two teams play every week! Hard fought game by both teams, Cards were clearly better (in that building) but have nothing but a tie to show for it.

Cards defense was awesome, their offense was bad, but better than the Hawks, their special teams were really bad.

Hawks defense was solid, offense was missing and special teams were really, really good and the difference in the game.

Looking forward to the rematch in Seattle and would love to meet in the post-season.

First tie in SEA history. Chandler Catanzaro probably the happiest man in Arizona.

I don't know about that. I think he still feels terrible. A tie does basically nothing for Arizona, who needed a win last night much more desperately than Seattle did. It was at home (for ARI), they trail(ed) by multiple games in the standings, and they led the whole game. Not to mention, they really dominated the game, and had several chances to score, but didn't.

Catanzaro's miss cost them the game, plain and simple. You could say the same thing about Hauschka's, but Seattle was playing with house money at that point. They should have already been in the locker room after a loss, and as much as they say that they should have won, the bottom line is that, all things considered, they're pretty happy to be leaving Arizona with a tie.

Somewhere in America Blair Walsh is smiling.

That was the first thing that went through my mind last night... "At least everybody I work with will stop bringing up Blair Walsh every time we talk football." :wacko::lol:

Refs blew it on blocked field goal call. His foot touched the snapper as he went over.

I'm reading that the refs actually got that non call right. It's a judgment call (therefore non-reviewable) where incidental contact is allowed. Landing on a player or using the player as a 'spring board' for an advantage is illegal.

Edited by Bobby Brown

I'm reading that the refs actually got that non call right. It's a judgment call (therefore non-reviewable) where incidental contact is allowed. Landing on a player or using the player as a 'spring board' for an advantage is illegal.

Finished watching the game last night, and the announcer mentioned on another FG try where there was contact it doesn't count if initiated by the kicking team (guard reached out and touched the guy jumping over the line.

It was a very entertaining game, and while both teams did play some good defense there was also a ton of penalties causing the offenses to stagnate. (16 total penalties about 135 yards, with SEA having about 2/3 of that.) I don't think I've ever seen so many plays (not just 2nd/3rd but first too) and 20+ yard plays.

I think it was Gopher saying he was especially impressed with SEA defense since they played so much more (90 plays). While they may have been on the field a lot more (because their offense could barely get a first down all game) they were also on the field a lot because they could not stop the Cards quickly. Cards were 47% on 3rd down and gained 4.9 yards per play, completed 60% passed and had almost 450 total yards. They only went 3-and-out 3 times in 13 possessions. (SEA had like 4 first downs late in the 4Q, two in their 5 first half possessions).

What was really puzzling on the FG tries is both kickers make a longer FG in OT, the first to take the lead, the other to tie. Both pretty big pressure situations, then on a chip shot they both choked. Catanzaro looked relieved, but not happy.

I think it was Gopher saying he was especially impressed with SEA defense since they played so much more (90 plays). While they may have been on the field a lot more (because their offense could barely get a first down all game) they were also on the field a lot because they could not stop the Cards quickly. Cards were 47% on 3rd down and gained 4.9 yards per play, completed 60% passed and had almost 450 total yards. They only went 3-and-out 3 times in 13 possessions. (SEA had like 4 first downs late in the 4Q, two in their 5 first half possessions).

It was impressive in the sense that, despite everything you said, they (SEA) only gave up six points. Yes, Seattle's offense struggled mightily. Yes, they couldn't stop the Cards from converting on 3rd down (at times). But, they stopped them when it mattered. And, they did so despite the Arizona offense being on the field for nearly FIFTY minutes. That's pretty close to unprecedented.

And, while 450 yards is a lot, that is also spread over five quarters. Still a lot, but that's the equivalent of 360/game, which is what, slightly above average (maybe)?

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

It was impressive in the sense that, despite everything you said, they (SEA) only gave up six points. Yes, Seattle's offense struggled mightily. Yes, they couldn't stop the Cards from converting on 3rd down (at times). But, they stopped them when it mattered. And, they did so despite the Arizona offense being on the field for nearly FIFTY minutes. That's pretty close to unprecedented.

And, while 450 yards is a lot, that is also spread over five quarters. Still a lot, but that's the equivalent of 360/game, which is what, slightly above average (maybe)?

There were reports of multiple players on Seattle's D needing help getting off the field and/or taking IVs to get around the locker room after they sat down. Arizona should have won, I disagree with the poster who stated they deserved to win.