[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Survivor Week 8

raulmz

Once every year it comes down to a Ugliest Week to pick a team.

But Patriots, Seattle, Minnesota and Kansas.. look like good options but all have to travel.

At Home Denver and Tennesse..

Im leaning between Minnesota and Denver

Five games with lines greater than a FG right now.....

TEN vs JAC - A toss-up, in my opinion. The AFC South is a mess, with anybody capable of beating anybody else, anywhere, on any given week. No thanks.

NE @ BUF - I've actually used NE in one of my pools (the bigger of the two, money-wise), but not in the other. That said, Buffalo spanked them a few weeks ago in Foxboro. Granted, it was without Brady (and a very limited Gronk), but it's enough to make me think twice. Rex Ryan teams have historically played NE tough (at least at times), so I think I'll save NE for another day.

DEN vs SD - San Diego is hot right now. Even before their 2-game winning streak, they were in every game, basically. In fact, I think I remember hearing something like they've led in every game this year, in the final minute or two? Meanwhile, Denver typically looks really good against bad teams, and fairly mediocre (I'd even go as far as to say bad) against good ones. I'm not sure which category San Diego falls into at this point, but they've looked more good than bad as of late. What impresses me most about them isn't the Rivers-led offense, which seems to get into the red zone almost at will, but the Chargers' defensive line, which seems to be putting decent pressure on opposing QB's pretty regularly. If Bosa and company can bother Siemian at all, San Diego will make a game of it, and I could easily see them winning their third in a row if it's close in the second half. The only reason to even consider Denver this week, in my mind, is that they have virtually no "easy" home games left on their schedule. After this week, their three remaining home bouts are against KC, NE, and OAK.... None of which are gimmes. But, I think we all know what usually happens to people who look ahead in these types of contests. It's never a very good idea to pick a team based on who they play in a month. So, unless I read something very convincing this week, in terms of Rivers having a terrible record playing in Denver, or something along those lines, I'm looking elsewhere.

That leaves me with DAL (vs PHI) and MIN (@ CHI). Both divisional games, and I could see either one of them (or both) losing. That said, as of right this moment, I'm leaning towards the home team (Dallas). Minnesota is more than capable of putting up another stinker against the Bears this week. And, while Philly could (and probably will) give Dallas all they can handle this week, I think Dallas' offense will have an easier time with the Philly defense than the other way around. Philly's D looked pretty good last week, but I think some of that has to be attributed to how horrible MIN's offense is. Meanwhile, Philly's offense simply isn't very good, and I think they'll have trouble putting up more points than Dallas on the road.

Meanwhile, Minnesota is more than capable of putting up another stinker against Chicago. Based on how their offense looked this past Sunday, I wouldn't put money on them beating anyone on the road.

Good luck to those who are still alive and picking. :)

im not sure which way im going this week .... brain says DEN at home is the ticket

but im a bolts fan and the heart is getting in the way lol ... plus they have been playing well

MIN is my other real option .... which is probably where i'll go ....even on the road I gotta think they rebound from last week and put it on the crappy Bears

I also think CLE beats the jets ...but my marbles aren't big enough to roll with it lol

• Like 1

Take the Jets. This is the big Fitzpatrick game that makes the Jets fans believe the season will turn around. Spoiler: It won't.

If you're a line chaser, NEP is the way to go. That said, NEP has a few absolute cupcakes left on their schedule that are more of a "sure thing" than this week's game.

If you're one that wants to burn a team you'll likely never use again, NYJ is the way to go.

If you want to play it somewhere in the middle, Dallas is probably a good bet to beat Philly at home this week, and their future value is only average.

There is no "obvious" play this week. When the best play is arguably a road team in a divisional matchup, there's nothing obvious about it. Pretty sure this is the first week with no favorites of a TD or more. On top of that, 9 out of 13 lines are a FG or less. The biggest home favorite is favored by a whopping 4.5 points.

There is no "obvious" play this week. When the best play is arguably a road team in a divisional matchup, there's nothing obvious about it. Pretty sure this is the first week with no favorites of a TD or more. On top of that, 9 out of 13 lines are a FG or less. The biggest home favorite is favored by a whopping 4.5 points.

In my opinion, with the games available this week, I still say the obvious choice is NE.

NE's only loss this year is to BUF (a shutout no less).... BUF is likely without their top weapon in McCoy .... I can see Bill and Tom putting 30+ on Rex this week.

I am very reluctantly going w/TEN in a TNF divisional game - at least they're favored and at home! ...ughhhhhhh

I'm tending to agree with you. Get it over with, win or lose. There are no good picks this week even if I could pick any game I wanted. There are a few divisions I REALLY try to avoid picking games from and the NFC North is one of them. Plus it's an away game, and Cutler coming back. Who the hell knows what's going to happen there. I also try to avoid AFC West, North and East matchups. Not touching NYJ this week. CLE might actually win. And I've already taken NE. That leaves DAL v PHI and TEN v JAX. TEN has no good games after this one. DAL is @ CLE next week. If I pick TEN, it's over with and I don't have to ponder picking MIN or DAL until Sunday.

I'm tending to agree with you. Get it over with, win or lose. There are no good picks this week even if I could pick any game I wanted. There are a few divisions I REALLY try to avoid picking games from and the NFC North is one of them. Plus it's an away game, and Cutler coming back. Who the hell knows what's going to happen there. I also try to avoid AFC West, North and East matchups. Not touching NYJ this week. CLE might actually win. And I've already taken NE. That leaves DAL v PHI and TEN v JAX. TEN has no good games after this one. DAL is @ CLE next week. If I pick TEN, it's over with and I don't have to ponder picking MIN or DAL until Sunday.

I'm feeling a LOT less reluctant about my pick now (although still 21:00+ mins to play)! LOL And, as you have pointed out, the decision is over with, and don't have to think about it through Sunday...

• Like 1

I am very reluctantly going w/TEN in a TNF divisional game - at least they're favored and at home! ...ughhhhhhh

That may have been the obvious choice, or any team facing the Jaguars the rest of the season. Heck you could just pick from the teams playing JAX, CLE, SF every week and do well. Of course I was out of my contest back in week 4-5.

• Like 1

the one I play in is double elimination w/ an 80/20 split between winner's and loser's bracket... you can also pick the same team twice...I got knocked out of the winners bracket a few weeks ago, but still playing for a couple hundred bucks in the loser's...

• Like 1