[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collusion?

RLochridge

So we had an odd trade happen late last night AFTER Foster announced his retirement. I wanted to get your guys opinions on everything that went down.

This trade involved the commissioner as well. Who has pushed his previous trades through without going through the review process. And he pushed this weird trade through early this morning as well. Other trades in our league he wasn't involved in all went through the review period. Which in my opinion is garbage.

So here is the trade:

Commissioner receives:

Odell Beckham

Mike Evans

Carson Wentz

Other team received:

Jordy Nelson

Andy Dalton

Arian Foster

The trade had already received 3 vetoes (4 needed to veto the trade) I feel like he saw that and that is what caused him to pushed his trade through.

I am confused why RETIRED players are getting traded and not dropped.

What would yall do in this situation?

Not sure if it's collusion per se, but that trade should be vetoed. It's a complete joke.

I really hope you're not playing for money in this league. If so, if you haven't paid your dues yet, DON'T. How can you push through a trade without allowing for the proper vetoes? The commissioner is a hack.

Ya the league has been a joke this year. And it is a $50 buy in which almost half the league has yet to pay (I have paid though)

Also, the guy that gave up beckham and evans declined a legit offer from me which I was over paying because I was desperate for a TE and WR depth and he needs RBs.

I offered him Gurley, Marshall and Charles for Beckham, Tevin Coleman and Martellus Bennett. Why would you decline this trade but accept the other?

He also never starts Tevin or Bennett because he owns Devonta and Jimmy Graham so it would have been a win for him.

A) It's not collusion in the true sense. It could be one guy not knowing Foster retired. No different than trading and getting injured. But it is crap if the commissioner proposed it knowing so.

B- Get a new commissioner. That's crap that he is pushing his own trades through like that.

C) If he refuses to give up power, get your money back and bounce!

Edited by gballi15
  • Like 1

Looks pretty shady to me. I would email the league and demand that the commissioner have a vote on the trade. If vetoed, it must be reversed. If the settings don't let you, he can trade the same players back. If the commissioner refuses, I would email the other owners telling them that I was dropping out because it was not a fair league.

I just read the comment above. Yes, overthrowing the commissioner is a good move as well, if there is a way to do that.

Yeah..."collusion" is not the right word for this trade, at least not on face value, because one guy is getting fleeced.

I agree with everyone who is saying get a new league. This is total BS.

I'd call it corruption...new commish needed, find a new league.

It is an ESPN league and if you look at the player news for Arian Foster it posted his retirement at 7:34 PM and the trade was accepted at 9:17 PM. So I don't know how the guy did not know. I am more pissed about the commissioner pushing his trades through without review.

Just curious? How many people in the League? And is it a keeper league? Because I'm in a highly competitive 12 person ppr keeper, most roster 2 QBs and Wentz isn't even rostered lol this trade makes me laugh.

Edited by tylcook13

I'm with everyone else... refuse to be bullyed by this hack of a commissioner. Demand he put the trade up to vote, demand he stop pushing his own trades through, or get your money back and go somewhere else. Ideally he realizes what a jackass he's been, but hopefully at least you guys can push him out as commissioner. Barring all else, leave the league and find a new one.

Also, to make things even worse I made I trade last Saturday that didn't go through until today because my trade went through the review process. Had he pushed my trade through like he does for his trades I would have won this week if I was able to use the players I acquired.

I'm not against pushing through trades as I've asked for it to be done so I can use a player that week, but I also think everyone in the league should be able to do that if both parties agree. Not just him. Plus I know that the deals Im making are fair and wouldn't be vetoed anyways. This is not a fair trade by any stretch.

Ya I am not opposed to trades being pushed through if they are fair. But there were already 3 votes for to veto the trade and we only need 4 votes to reject a trade. I talked to other guys in the league who had not saw the trade yet and they said they would have voted for a veto had he not already pushed the trade through. He saw that and I know that is why he pushed it through.

Ya I am not opposed to trades being pushed through if they are fair. But there were already 3 votes for to veto the trade and we only need 4 votes to reject a trade. I talked to other guys in the league who had not saw the trade yet and they said they would have voted for a veto had he not already pushed the trade through. He saw that and I know that is why he pushed it through.

Totally lame. Everybody should just quit, en masse. Leave your bye week guys in and just up and quit so that he's all alone in that league.