[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commish just made another change

BGUX

The commissioner in our league just made another change, which might not be anything to be concerned about since it was applied to all eight teams, but there have been a lot of questionable commish activity, so I wanted to be sure. Does anyone know what this mean?

Team A (Week 17 Pts) changed from '0.00' to '2.00'

Team B (Week 17 Pts) changed from '0.00' to '2.00'

Team C (Week 17 Pts) changed from '0.00' to '2.00'

Team D (Week 17 Pts) changed from '0.00' to '2.00'

Team E (Week 17 Pts) changed from '0.00' to '2.00'

Team F (Week 17 Pts) changed from '0.00' to '2.00'

Team G (Week 17 Pts) changed from '0.00' to '2.00'

Team H (Week 17 Pts) changed from '0.00' to '2.00'

Just taking a guess, but maybe points are doubled? Therefore you'll be rewarded for your studs, and in your case (IIRC), your duds and bye week fill-in's will probably hurt you even more!

I don't follow. How could my duds and bye week fill-ins hurt me even more?

I don't follow. How could my duds and bye week fill-ins hurt me even more?

If you have some WR4 put up 2 points, which nets you 4, and his stud pulls 20, which nets him 40. I dunno, on the surface everyone's getting the same multiplier, but since it's in effect on a week where you have multiple starters on bye, it works out terrible in your favor.

The rule is no changes after the draft. If a change needs to be made then that would be addressed to the owners and *I* [as commish] would base my decision on the feedback I received. This way I'm off the hook. But generally it's not a good idea to make any changes after the draft. Instead just adopt new rules the following season.

I don't see any reason to think there's anything wrong with this (other than taking your word that the commish has done shady stuff). It looks like some minor housekeeping that he might think is too unimportant to bring to all the league's players.

My best guess is that it has something to do with 'homefield advantage' during the championship week(s). In my league last year (espn), the 'home' team (the team with the higher seed) started out each round of the playoffs with 1 point while the away team started with zero.

Can you give any more details about what changed? Look at the scoreboard for week 17, or projected points, or whatever version of a future matchup page your league uses. Post a screenshot maybe. Which website hosts it btw?

Edited by pun

Can you give any more details about what changed? Look at the scoreboard for week 17, or projected points, or whatever version of a future matchup page your league uses. Post a screenshot maybe. Which website hosts it btw?

It's a Yahoo league and there's nothing to see for week 17 yet.

Is there any money in this league? If not how many more changes does he have to make for you to get the hint? If you don't have to interact with him again then just trade your players to a guy in the league you like or dump them after waivers clears. The commish likes to change things so let him change all the add/drops.

• Like 1

Agreed. If you know him why not ask him what he's doing before presenting it here? At least that way you'd present a more complete picture. As is, we're all guessing.

The law also needs to be laid down regarding post draft changes.

I changed the review process from Manager protests for a 2 day period to No protests recently but only after notifying the managers. It was slowing down potential trades too much.

Oh, there's been no shortage of questioning and questionable replies:

• "Trade wasn't approved because Yahoo intervened."
  • "Apparently Yahoo unwound the trade. It wasn't a fair trade in my opinion and apparently Yahoo agreed."
  • "Yahoo locked those two teams. Just have to wait."
  • "So and so probably lost his team because of not signing back on within the time period." - Referring to guy who is no longer in the league.
  • "Hmmm. I don't know. Probably had to be adjusted due to rivalry week."

WTF?

I don't think I'd continue in that league or with that real world relationship. I've made some very lopsided trades with people that didn't know what they had and Yahoo never intervened.

Anyone else get the feeling these posts about all the drama in this league was just cheap entertainment for BGUX to see how long he could get folks to comment?

Now where was that ignore button again?

Do you really get that perception, Judge Smales? Because of the replies I was thankfully able to get from this forum and from other research, I was able to conclude that I along with the other managers are being bamboozled and taken advantage of because of our FF inexperience. I accepted the first "Yahoo must have decided" type answers. It wasn't until some other things happened that made me suspicious.

• Like 1