[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings fans

rajncajn

I'd like to say that I'm shocked, but honestly it doesn't surprise me in the least. I always knew Childress was a petty b***h. This only confirms it.

“It was part of the culture,” Hicks said, in a book excerpt published by Deadspin. “I had coaches start a pot and all the veterans put in an extra $100, $200, and if you hurt someone special, you get the money. There was a bottom line, and I think we all bought in: you’re there to win, and if taking out the other team’s best player helps you win, hey, it’s nothing personal. Just business.”

After watching the tape, they were convinced that Nick Barnett, Green Bay’s outstanding linebacker, had gone out of his way to injure Adrian Peterson, the Vikings halfback.

The rival franchises played again nine weeks later, and three days before kickoff a Minnesota coach stood up in a team meeting, mentioned Barnett by name, and said, “I will give $500 to anyone who takes this mother(the really bad word)er out of the game.”

This was hardly a shocking move in the Vikings’ locker room, where piles of money were regularly collected—then distributed as rewards—for injuring opposing stars.

There is that kinda of talk at all levels of football, but to have $$$ as the incentive is very wrong.

That talk usually does not make it out of the locker room and know to the public, but in this day and age of sharing everything, player/coaches should know better.

I do not condone the behavior. There are other phrases and examples to inspire, but to intentionally put someone career in jeopardy is terrible.

• Like 1

Ok, this report really bothered me because I had seething anger watching the dirty hits on Favre in that 2009 NFC Championship game and the subsequent punishment over it. To this day I still hate Gregg Williams and I think there was a game last year against St Louis where his guys pulled some garbage.

Anyways, I did some research for 2009. I wanted to find out who was hurt that year from our defense. I started at the IR level.

I went to this site for the historical games -

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/

Then cross referenced those weeks against this site to match the injuries -

http://backseatfan.com/2009/08/2009-nfl-season-players-on-injured-reserve/

How many were injured to IR? 0 . zip, zilch, none. I couldn't find any IR injuries caused by the Vikings defense.

I then went to the NFL.com site, went back to the 2009 season and analyzed every game play by play.

Injuries of note -

Week 5, QB Kyle Boller knocked out of 4th quarter game against the Rams on October 11th. He came back week 12 against Seattle. He was backup to Marc Bulger that year, but Bulger was hurting.

Week 8, this one against the pack was chippy. It showed Driver & Jennings getting hurt but they missed no time. There was also a roughing the passer penalty. If you watch these games between the two though, there's that crap going on constantly. The evidence wasn't compelling.

Week 15, the "recap" said Deangelo Williams left the game with an ankle injury, but I couldn't find it on the play by play tracker. He was running until the end of the 1st quarter so it seemed to happen at the end of the 1st.

Week 16, KR Johnny Knox was injured on a kick return. There was only 1 game left - he didn't return.

Although he has no reason to lie, the data shows very little compelling evidence that they game stars "out" over the course of the season. I found more hurt Vikings or opposing defensive players than I did opposing offensive players.

Also, the league investigated against the Saints, and they found evidence enough to set some pretty harsh penalties. This is a fact that can't be denied. I personally have angst against Williams. I think he's the bad apple and has history of coaching dirty.

Ok, this report really bothered me because I had seething anger watching the dirty hits on Favre in that 2009 NFC Championship game and the subsequent punishment over it. To this day I still hate Gregg Williams and I think there was a game last year against St Louis where his guys pulled some garbage.

Anyways, I did some research for 2009. I wanted to find out who was hurt that year from our defense. I started at the IR level.

I went to this site for the historical games -

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/

Then cross referenced those weeks against this site to match the injuries -

http://backseatfan.com/2009/08/2009-nfl-season-players-on-injured-reserve/

How many were injured to IR? 0 . zip, zilch, none. I couldn't find any IR injuries caused by the Vikings defense.

I then went to the NFL.com site, went back to the 2009 season and analyzed every game play by play.

Injuries of note -

Week 5, QB Kyle Boller knocked out of 4th quarter game against the Rams on October 11th. He came back week 12 against Seattle. He was backup to Marc Bulger that year, but Bulger was hurting.

Week 8, this one against the pack was chippy. It showed Driver & Jennings getting hurt but they missed no time. There was also a roughing the passer penalty. If you watch these games between the two though, there's that crap going on constantly. The evidence wasn't compelling.

Week 15, the "recap" said Deangelo Williams left the game with an ankle injury, but I couldn't find it on the play by play tracker. He was running until the end of the 1st quarter so it seemed to happen at the end of the 1st.

Week 16, KR Johnny Knox was injured on a kick return. There was only 1 game left - he didn't return.

Although he has no reason to lie, the data shows very little compelling evidence that they game stars "out" over the course of the season. I found more hurt Vikings or opposing defensive players than I did opposing offensive players.

Also, the league investigated against the Saints, and they found evidence enough to set some pretty harsh penalties. This is a fact that can't be denied. I personally have angst against Williams. I think he's the bad apple and has history of coaching dirty.

No offense to you, but I don't want to hear it. I did the same exact analysis of the Saints over the entire course of years that the Saints were supposedly running a bounty system and not only did I find that there were NO injuries to opposing players, but also found that the Saints were repeatedly at the bottom of the league in personal fouls. No "knockouts," no "cart-offs," nothing. You know what answer I got? "We can't help if they weren't very good at it." I also showed factual proof that the NFL lied about the evidence they actually had and even falsified evidence of injuries in games. Even Tagliaboo told Goddell that his evidence was crap when he rescinded the player suspensions.

Wow...let it go Rajn. Just let it go. :rofl:

No

You can't tell me that if it were the Bears the league decided to use as an example that you wouldn't hold a grudge. Imagine a Bears team in their prime having their coach suspended for a year and multiple top draft picks taken away.

No offense to you, but I don't want to hear it. I did the same exact analysis of the Saints over the entire course of years that the Saints were supposedly running a bounty system and not only did I find that there were NO injuries to opposing players, but also found that the Saints were repeatedly at the bottom of the league in personal fouls. No "knockouts," no "cart-offs," nothing. You know what answer I got? "We can't help if they weren't very good at it." I also showed factual proof that the NFL lied about the evidence they actually had and even falsified evidence of injuries in games. Even Tagliaboo told Goddell that his evidence was crap when he rescinded the player suspensions.

Fair enough.

For the record I don't harbor any ill will against the Saints. I'm actually a fan of Brees. My anger over the 2009 game has long since passed.

And the truth of the matter is without these guys admitting fault (like Hicks alleged...) we'll never really know.