[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reed and Norman cleared to travel to London...

the outlaw

Also know as the Rob Kelley coming out show.

Sure hope so, not only b/c I've been stashing him in a few leagues, but b/c Matt Jones' goal line fumble last week caused a 10-point swing in what ultimately turned out to be a 3-point loss for the 'Skins...ball security has continued to be an issue for Jones since he entered the NFL last year...I didn't fact check this, but heard on local radio yesterday that Jones puts the ball on the ground once every 26 carries, which is totally unacceptable, IMO...

Sure hope so, not only b/c I've been stashing him in a few leagues, but b/c Matt Jones' goal line fumble last week caused a 10-point swing in what ultimately turned out to be a 3-point loss for the 'Skins...ball security has continued to be an issue for Jones since he entered the NFL last year...I didn't fact check this, but heard on local radio yesterday that Jones puts the ball on the ground once every 26 carries, which is totally unacceptable, IMO...

I see 8 fumbles in 2 years, with 243 rushes and 27 receptions, so about one fumble every 34 touches.

Tiki Barber who had a lot of problems in his career had 53 fumbles in 10 years, on 2217 carries + 586 receptions, one about every 53 touches.

I see 8 fumbles in 2 years, with 243 rushes and 27 receptions, so about one fumble every 34 touches.

Tiki Barber who had a lot of problems in his career had 53 fumbles in 10 years, on 2217 carries + 586 receptions, one about every 53 touches.

Thanks for doing the research...if I recall Tiki was able to correct his problem in the latter part of his career, so he probably had a similar (or worse) ratio early on...

Based on practice reports I just heard on the local morning radio show, it sounds like Reed has a better shot than Norman to suit up this weekend - which makes sense, b/c Reed has already missed 2 weeks, and Norman just entered the league's concussion protocol last week...

Even if he is active Sunday, there's no way I am starting Jordan Reed (Zach Miller is my other option).

I'm just too worried he'd be nothing more than a decoy.

It's a concussion, not a leg injury. If it were a leg injury, I'd be starting my TE2 as well.

• Like 1

I think this is like the 6th concussion Reed has dealt with in 5 years ... a pat on the helmet might put him back in protocol at this point.

how many more can the kid handle?

I love Reed but he's too risky for me at this point

Thanks for doing the research...if I recall Tiki was able to correct his problem in the latter part of his career, so he probably had a similar (or worse) ratio early on...

Correct Tiki had a bad stretch where he had near double digit fumbles for a bunch of years 8 or 9 2000-03, then only had 9 in the next 3 years (4 in his final 2).

If you're into stats I strongly recommend poking around pro football reference site, very easy to use and very powerful if you learn how to do the complex stuff (I haven't yet). Much better than using NFL, ESPN or some other site.

Tiki's stat page http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarbTi00.htm

Hoping that Reed plays, because I'm probably starting Cousins and he'll need all his weapons to have a decent day against the Bengals D.

I think this is like the 6th concussion Reed has dealt with in 5 years ... a pat on the helmet might put him back in protocol at this point.

how many more can the kid handle?

I love Reed but he's too risky for me at this point

well he finished the last game he got the concussion in.....so if you own him and hes playing you probably can start him and not feel terrible....theres always the chance he gets hurt in the middle of the game and doesn't finish I guess...but you should probably have a backup plan in place already if you own

he just signed a 22 mil guaranteed contract with a 9 mil signing bonus....he doesn't wanna give any of that back....he played high school ball about 15 minutes from where I live...hes got people to take care of...

well he finished the last game he got the concussion in.....so if you own him and hes playing you probably can start him and not feel terrible....theres always the chance he gets hurt in the middle of the game and doesn't finish I guess...but you should probably have a backup plan in place already if you own

he just signed a 22 mil guaranteed contract with a 9 mil signing bonus....he doesn't wanna give any of that back....he played high school ball about 15 minutes from where I live...hes got people to take care of...

yeah I get it-- and I give the kid a lot of credit....just don't want to see him eating out of a straw in 15 years.

i hear you man....i dont envy these guys

reed has a friend, that comes from the same high school, that was the 5th overall pick in the june nba draft....if all goes well that kid will prob see 125 million dollar guaranteed contract in a few years.....reeds prob gonna have this one deal at 22 mil guaranteed...his buddy doesnt have to worry about having his head knocked around

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis