[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What if one owner wants to back out of accepted trade?

lexbaylor27

Our league is set up to automatically process accepted trades within a couple of days and only the commish can veto. As long as collusion isn't suspected, all trades go through. I have an owner telling me he wants to back out after we already accepted the trade on ESPN. All players involved have been locked from further trading or dropping, and I'm only waiting for the swap to happen.

Is it reasonable to hear out the other owner since it technically hasn't processed yet, or would I be right in believing that ship has sailed?

For discussion sake...in real life if a player fails a physical the trade is voided out.

What would be the boards thoughts in a case with CJ Anderson for example? An owner accepts a trade for him on Wednesday, then it comes out on Thursday that he may be done. Is there any injury contingency? Just curious.

For discussion sake...in real life if a player fails a physical the trade is voided out.

What would be the boards thoughts in a case with CJ Anderson for example? An owner accepts a trade for him on Wednesday, then it comes out on Thursday that he may be done. Is there any injury contingency? Just curious.

That situation sucks and I truly sympathize. But I'd say the trade stands.

*edit: Unless your league specifically has a rule that says otherwise, that is.

This isn't exactly the same thing, but here is an example. I'm in a 14 team keeper league. We all voted to have a rule for player insurance. It is completely optional for each owner to participate. At the beginning of the year you can pay a fee into a side pot. If either your first or second round pick is injured in the first five weeks of the season to the point where they are put on IR, you win the pot (highest player drafted is the tie breaker). So this year I "won" with Keenan Allen.

Edited by Bowman

As commish of my league I view it as.. hitting accept is like signing on the dotted line. Done deal unless there is a bizarre circumstance like mentioned above and I make the decision to veto for the sake of fairness. But cold feet or your buddy telling you it's a bad move is not a bizarre circumstance.