[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commissioner Management Lineups for other Teams

raulmz

I´m a commissioner on a 12 team league.. and at certain point of the league the bottom teams as the weeks go some of the starts to pay less attention to lineups, byes, injured players, etc. there´s no fee/punishment to leave a player with that condition. (Ive had heard some leagues do have this).

As a commissioner do you have the right to edit lineups to keep the balance of the league (Because some of the teams already played games that won-lost with them), or make it a win for everyone else that continues playing the rest of the calendar.

First if you're going to have and excercise this right I think it should be spelled out in your rules. When does it it get used and how, as much detail as possible.

If you react to a team leaving out/bye players in their line-up, then start making changes you risk making them tougher for upcoming games while somebody else got an easy win.

We put in a weekly high score contest some years ago to prevent owners from tanking for top draft pick, or just giving up and not caring. It costs $2 per the 13 regular season weeks, win it once and you nearly break even. We do let you opt out at the draft, but few have donw that (last person that did would have one twice).

If you react to a team leaving out/bye players in their line-up, then start making changes you risk making them tougher for upcoming games while somebody else got an easy win.

Certainly im not going to pickup waivers adds or hot players (This would be me taking advantage), mainly would be filling the spots with bench guys, or like one team has two injury players, change them to a low profile after the waivers. I didnt set the rules for this kind of situation prior league started, but when it comes to a playoff spot, this would be a game changer issue for a team that won a easy matchup because the other guy didnt move a piece.

Edited by raulmz

i have never managed anyone's rosters, though I have sent message out to update their rosters to make it fair for the rest of the league.

We give a bonus to high scores and a debit for the low score of the week. Our transactions are $2 bucks, so you either pay $2 improve your team or run the risk of low score of the week. This year we have had one team have low score three times and high score twice.

Per our league rules.

1.6 Weekly Credit Or Debit

During the regular season, weeks 1-13 only, the two highest point totals for the week, win or lose, receive a credit. The lowest point total of the week, pays a debit. If the weekly high scores end in a tie, the credit is split equally between the tying teams. If the weekly low score ends in a tie, the debit is the same for all teams.

First High Score Of The Week....................$10.00

Second High Score Of The Week....................$5.00

Low Score Of The Week...........................$-2.00

Unless there is some rule already in place, you should not be touching anyone else's team. If there are derelict owners, they should be warned about consequences they may face for their inactivity (replacement in offseason). If they don't take action, then replacing them with attentive owners in the offseason is within the league's best interest. You will probably have problems with active owners if you start setting lineups for derelict teams; and honestly you won't have a leg to stand on unless it is clearly defined in the rules.

Edited by Def.

Certainly im not going to pickup waivers adds or hot players (This would be me taking advantage), mainly would be filling the spots with bench guys, or like one team has two injury players, change them to a low profile after the waivers. I didnt set the rules for this kind of situation prior league started, but when it comes to a playoff spot, this would be a game changer issue for a team that won a easy matchup because the other guy didnt move a piece.

I'm just saying how do you decide to start making changes this week, but not the one before or two before? And what changes do you make, injury and bye? Starting line-up to be the "best". Without any rules, or agreement by league members you're treading on thin ice and can be creating problems.

Basically once you realize they are not being active they've already given some team an easier game.

Not an easy decision, and one I as commish of my league haven't had to make.