[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MIN OC Turner Resigns

Gopher

Not sure what to think of this. On the one hand, it can't be a good thing (at least that's my initial reaction). On the other hand, I'm not sure the MIN offense has ever looked worse than it has the past two weeks.

Turner resigns after two straight losses

Edited by Gopher

Always drama....Norv and Coach Zimmer are life long friends. This is quite surprising but the O wasn't doing crap. I don't remember a play where they didn't run on 1st down against the Bears. A drop in the bucket, but I'm sure he wasn't having much fun either...He has dynamic schemes and he just couldn't call anything with this garbage line and injury situation(s).

Lots of speculation as to why he resigned. In his defense, a vertical passing game like his doesn't work when your offensive line can't block and your QB is as mobile as an anvil.

Yeah, but Turner had nothing but positives to say (regarding Bradford) after the GB game. And the O-Line wasn't great then (Bradford just played well enough to cover it up somewhat). The line has obviously gotten worse since then, but there has to be more to it than that. I would guess/assume that there was a conflict in opinions/philosophy between Norv and Zimmer or Norv and the front office. Just a guess, but it would be pretty disappointing if he just up and quit because of the plethora of O-Line injuries.

• Like 1

This is unprecedented far as I can recall - a coordinator quitting at mid-season? On a winning team (for now anyway). It all smacks of underlying politics and agendas. Turner would never quit because the offense wasn't doing well. Either his heart just isn't in it anymore or more likely he is in a situation that is not of his making and that he has not been allowed to deal with in his own way and quit before the results reflect poorly on him when it was not his fault.

Just a big shock. Fourth coordinator change during the season.

when I first saw this I assumed they gave him the offer to resign or be fired. Then I saw that Zimmer was surprised by this. We all know you can't really believe what these guys say. My opinion is that it cannot get any worse than it has been the last two weeks. I've never been real impressed with Norv anyways. His scheme has never fit the personnel on this team ever since he got here

Edited by Finn5033

I was hearing on the radio that they got into a "fight" - not physical, though... and that Turner just quit on the spot.

Colin Cowherd played some audio of Zimmer's past couple of post-game pressers and he really ripped into the offensive playcalling and overall play of the offense.

Key takeaway here is Fritz Shurmur steps in, who has plenty of experience working with Sam Bradford. Not sure how this affects guys like Kyle Rudolph, who was really blossoming under Turner, who's been known to get the best out of his TEs.

Edited by darin3

Reddit forums have a theory that Shurmur was doing the play calling when Bradford first stepped in since he had experience working with him and that Turner took over during the bye. Whatever the reason, I think it's a good thing, Turner's schemes were taking too long to develop for an o-line that was getting manhandled and a qb that can't scramble out of the pocket.

Reddit forums have a theory that Shurmur was doing the play calling when Bradford first stepped in since he had experience working with him and that Turner took over during the bye. Whatever the reason, I think it's a good thing, Turner's schemes were taking too long to develop for an o-line that was getting manhandled and a qb that can't scramble out of the pocket.

Read something like that from a Vikings fan on another board, and that the offense has in general never lived up to the lofty expectations they had for Norv the offensive guru.