[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TY Montgomery designation

joey2stix

I'm commish in an ESPN league, one of my owners is having a hard time processing a trade due to Montgomerys WR/RB status. Its a little complicated, but I'll explain as best that I can.

Roster limits...4 RB/ 6 WR/TE. He already had Montgomery on his team, picked him up with no issues from waivers last week.

This owner and myself agreed to trade 2 for 2, with each of us moving a WR and RB. But the website will not allow him to accept, nor will it let me, as commish, go in and manually change the rosters. It gives the message that he has too many WRs, when he is clearly using Montgomery as a RB.

Anybody else dealing with this? If so, can you tell me how to deal with the issue? Thanks!

I'm commish in an ESPN league, one of my owners is having a hard time processing a trade due to Montgomerys WR/RB status. Its a little complicated, but I'll explain as best that I can.

Roster limits...4 RB/ 6 WR/TE. He already had Montgomery on his team, picked him up with no issues from waivers last week.

This owner and myself agreed to trade 2 for 2, with each of us moving a WR and RB. But the website will not allow him to accept, nor will it let me, as commish, go in and manually change the rosters. It gives the message that he has too many WRs, when he is clearly using Montgomery as a RB.

Anybody else dealing with this? If so, can you tell me how to deal with the issue? Thanks!

He can drop his worst receiver to allow it to go through.

That's why you shouldn't put max limits on positions

While I understand the argument for this, really, I do, these limits have been in place since before I became commissioner, with no issues. I can't, and won't, change the settings mid season anyway. The problem is, he had no problem picking up Montgomery last week, and having him as a RB, and keeping 6 other WR/TEs besides him, why is it causing issues now?

While I understand the argument for this, really, I do, these limits have been in place since before I became commissioner, with no issues. I can't, and won't, change the settings mid season anyway. The problem is, he had no problem picking up Montgomery last week, and having him as a RB, and keeping 6 other WR/TEs besides him, why is it causing issues now?

Crappy software usually. Unforseen situations. And hopefully ESPN can resolve this issue since they creaetd it (using the dual designation and not being able to accomodate it).

Why suck tight roster limits? How deep is your bench?

It's just always been that way, and there haven't been any issues in the past. It's this dual designation that is screwing it up. We have a roster of 17....the limits aren't the problem. When you look at his roster, Montgomery is designated as WR/RB. But when you look in the so-called "player universe" he is strictly a WR, and I think that is where the issues are coming from. It would be nice to get a response to my emails, but as was posted above, customer service in a free (website, not entry) league probably isn't going to be stellar.

It's just always been that way, and there haven't been any issues in the past. It's this dual designation that is screwing it up. We have a roster of 17....the limits aren't the problem. When you look at his roster, Montgomery is designated as WR/RB. But when you look in the so-called "player universe" he is strictly a WR, and I think that is where the issues are coming from. It would be nice to get a response to my emails, but as was posted above, customer service in a free (website, not entry) league probably isn't going to be stellar.

Wrong... It is the exact problem and it is why your having an issue :shrug:

Wrong... It is the exact problem and it is why your having an issue :shrug:

Not gonna keep beating a dead horse here, the designation is what is causing the problem. He picked him up with no problems, then something changed within the site and now it's causing problems with his roster management. :shrug:

• Like 1

Not gonna keep beating a dead horse here, the designation is what is causing the problem. He picked him up with no problems, then something changed within the site and now it's causing problems with his roster management. :shrug:

Answer one question and if it's yes then I'm wrong... If there were no positional roster limits (regardless of a positional designation change)would there be an issue with this... Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 2

Answer one question and if it's yes then I'm wrong... If there were no positional roster limits (regardless of a positional designation change)would there be an issue with this...

If you really feel the need to be right, then I give, you're right. But did you read this sentence from my original post? He had Montgomery on his roster, and it allowed it. Fast forward a week and a half later, now it won't. THAT is the crux of my issue. Of course if there weren't roster limits, I, and the owner wouldn't have a problem, but the limits are there, and no way can I change them mid season.

Answer one question and if it's yes then I'm wrong... If there were no positional roster limits (regardless of a positional designation change)would there be an issue with this...

And if there was no dual designation there would also be no problem. Neither one by themselves is the issue.

If you really feel the need to be right, then I give, you're right. But did you read this sentence from my original post? He had Montgomery on his roster, and it allowed it. Fast forward a week and a half later, now it won't. THAT is the crux of my issue. Of course if there weren't roster limits, I, and the owner wouldn't have a problem, but the limits are there, and no way can I change them mid season.

Never said to change anything this year as you can't... But I would certainly strongly suggest it next year to your league as you've now seen first hand what roster limits can cause. They will never stop doing redesignations of positional players during the season so the only way to avoid your said issue is to lift roster limits.