[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will C.J. Prosise become the featured back?

michaelredd9

Sir Christine Michael has been flat for the last 4 games. Rawls is a huge question mark all around. C.J. Prosise was drafted in the 3rd round. He has the body size, skill set, and possibly the opportunity to be the full-time back. I'm buying this week.

Carroll says Prosise will be more involved

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/346780/carroll-says-prosise-will-be-more-involved?ls=roto:SEA:topheadlines

Coach Pete Carroll said C.J. Prosise "will be a lot more involved" over the final eight games.

Prosise is coming off his best game of the season, going over 100 total yards in a loss to the Saints. He only got one series to himself, but was a major part of the third down pass game. Despite a low-upside role, Prosise has some PPR value for Week 9 against Buffalo.
Nov 2 - 5:05 PM

• 2 weeks later...

My two cents after watching last night's game.

It's clear CJ Prosise will be involved a lot going forward. But he won't become a "feature back". As we saw yesterday, he is not built to get those goal line duties , nor will he get 15-20 touches a game when Rawls returns next week.

However, if you are in a PPR league, CJ Prosise is the guy to own from the Seattle backfield. Seattle's upcoming schedule is a little rough for rushers, so Prosise will be involved in the dump offs and the passing game.

His value and upside is probably going to similar to what Gio Bernard's upside is, so he is definitely a good prospect moving forward.

I thought Prosise looked good. Getting 7 receptions for 87 yards was nice. But I wonder if Wilson will throw as much to the running back position after his knee heals completely and he is able to run without hestitation. No Seattle running back has had more than 36 receptions in a season during Wilson's tenure.

Between his fractured ankle from last December and his broken fibula this year, Rawls hasn't been on his legs much for the last 11 months. He only had 25 yards on 19 rushes in the first two games of this season. Though that could be more Seattle's offensive line's fault than anything. Either way, I'll be surprised if he comes back and is effective.

I thought Prosise looked good. Getting 7 receptions for 87 yards was nice. But I wonder if Wilson will throw as much to the running back position after his knee heals completely and he is able to run without hestitation. No Seattle running back has had more than 36 receptions in a season during Wilson's tenure.

Between his fractured ankle from last December and his broken fibula this year, Rawls hasn't been on his legs much for the last 11 months. He only had 25 yards on 19 rushes in the first two games of this season. Though that could be more Seattle's offensive line's fault than anything. Either way, I'll be surprised if he comes back and is effective.

He looked pretty dang healthy on Sunday night and he fed Prosise like crazy.

• Like 1

Wilson is still wearing a knee brace and only ran the ball 1 time. Usually quarterbacks who run the ball don't pass the ball a lot to running backs.

And many QBs who run the ball a lot then get injured stop running the ball so much. Especially one that is smart and has learned how to be a much better passer since his first couple of years.

• Like 1

I wouldn't consider what Wilson has done in the past as a measurement of how Prosise will be used. Up to this year, he has had Marshawn Lynch in the backfield, and they have run more than they have passed. Without a smash-mouth running game, they seem to be more balanced thru the air, especially with the emergence of Graham. When teams double him and Baldwin, there should be plenty of one-on-one matchups with LBS for Prosise to exploit.

While I don't expect shootouts like this past week to occur on a frequent basis, I could easily envision Prosise carving out a Dion Lewis/Darren Sproles-type role going forward.

And many QBs who run the ball a lot then get injured stop running the ball so much. Especially one that is smart and has learned how to be a much better passer since his first couple of years.

Wilson's injuries came in/near the pocket during pass protection breakdowns. He never gave himself up for punishment on runs like RG3 or Newton. He typically ran during designed pass plays as an alternative to throwing the ball away. I don't see this changing when he returns to full health.

That being said, Prosise isn't your typical catching RB and early in pre-season there was talk about lining him up at WR. He played WR in college and is 6' +. I don't think Sproles and Lewis are good comparables. He's caught two deep balls in the past 3 weeks and I think Seattle will look to use him differently than your typical dump off change of pace RB.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 2

Carroll seems to love Rawls and after last year I don't blame him. I'm willing to give him a pass on his poor performance early in season before going down with a leg injury against some tough run defenses behind some questionable O-line play. I'm willing to bet if Rawls can handle the workload he will run away with the lead back position and it won't even be close. Definitely worth a speculative add.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports C.J. Prosise will remain the Seahawks' starting running back "for the immediate future."

Thomas Rawls (fibula), who will return this week, should see plenty of work on early downs and in short yardage, but Prosise is a more versatile back who is a better fit in the Seahawks' recent pass-heavy approach. He could remain the starter all season. Prosise is certainly the better fantasy play this week with Rawls likely to be limited returning from a long injury layoff. Nov 17 - 9:41 AM

Source: ESPN

I think we're getting overly excited after one good showing; however, he looked great as a receiver so I do understand the EARLY Bell comparisons. But I also saw how he struggled at the goal line and that he is only averaging 3.7 YPC.

Prosise is the real deal imo. Seattle would be stupid not to keep feeding this kid. He has incredible ability and skill. He just needs more touches/experience. He's a poor man's Le'Veon Bell imo.

Can't say I agree with the Bell comp. While he does have some ability/skill, he's a WR that had enough ability/skill to also take RB snaps in college and now in the NFL.

Bell is a legit RB that just so happens to have WR-level pass-catching ability.

Two completely different animals, IMO.

• Like 1

Can't say I agree with the Bell comp. While he does have some ability/skill, he's a WR that had enough ability/skill to also take RB snaps in college and now in the NFL.

Bell is a legit RB that just so happens to have WR-level pass-catching ability.

Two completely different animals, IMO.

I went through this previously with Prosise in not too many posts ago, did you read it?. Are you still on the Collins train? It looks to be slow and ploddy.

Edited by Bobby Brown