[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Mike Evans now the best receiver you can own in fantasy?

Briggssteel

If someone offered me a straight up trade for Julio, Brown, Green, or Beckham, I don't know that I'd do any of those. Julio and Brown are certainly debatable but I find Julio to be boom or bust sometimes, although when he booms it's usually for a lot of points. Brown has been fine, but I don't know that he's lived up to his overall draft position.

Evans while he's had 2 not so great games has been consistently good. He's usually very reliable and he gets so many targets.

Yeah, he looked worn down and beat up during the latter part of last night's game. They really need to get some help opposite of him! As great as it is for fantasy, you need this guy healthy for the championship weeks and they're leaning on him a little too heavy right now.

I totally agree that tunnel vision from Winston and playing catch up are a big part of his success, but those factors are why I think he's the best you can have in fantasy right now. In terms of most talented, that's a different story. You could make an argument that any of they guys I mentioned are more talented, but Evans' talent combined with circumstances are highly favorable.

Edited by Briggssteel

Yeah, he looked worn down and beat up during the latter part of last night's game. They really need to get some help opposite of him! As great as it is for fantasy, you need this guy healthy for the championship weeks and they're leaning on him a little too heavy right now.

I wonder if part of him being gassed was that hit he took on the sideline catch. I don't know if he had a concussion from that or if that affected him. He looked totally winded on that drive though. And he still almost had a TD!

Evans is 4th or 5th on my list of receivers. His ceiling is as high as anyone. But he is a risk for things like drug tests, suspensions, getting out of shape, injuries from being out of shape, and off the field problems. It will take 2 or 3 straight elite years for me to value him as much as Antonio Brown or Julio Jones.

Evans is 4th or 5th on my list of receivers. His ceiling is as high as anyone. But he is a risk for things like drug tests, suspensions, getting out of shape, injuries from being out of shape, and off the field problems. It will take 2 or 3 straight elite years for me to value him as much as Antonio Brown or Julio Jones.

If someone started a redraft RIGHT NOW for the rest of the season Id take Evans #1 and I wouldn't bat an eye

10 and 11 are not that different from single-digit games. He certainly has a high floor, but only 3 really good games, and Julio, AJ, and (Ben-led) Pittsburgh are in much better passing offenses.

:lol: The ol' "if my aunt had a crank she'd be my uncle" angle.

Julio has had three absolute TERRIBLE games, including a shootout with GBP where he got his owners (myself included) a whopping 5.9 ppr points.

I would say the high-floor (with potential for games like last night) is better than getting 45 points one night and 5 or 6 the next.

Fortunately I have both Evans AND Jones in one league so it all balances (and is often awesome, like last night).

But kinda hypocritical to say "10 and 11 is just as good as single digits" ... when it's not .... and then not bang on guys like Jones who absolutely disappear every third outing.

• Like 1

:lol: The ol' "if my aunt had a crank she'd be my uncle" angle.

Julio has had three absolute TERRIBLE games, including a shootout with GBP where he got his owners (myself included) a whopping 5.9 ppr points.

I would say the high-floor (with potential for games like last night) is better than getting 45 points one night and 5 or 6 the next.

Fortunately I have both Evans AND Jones in one league so it all balances (and is often awesome, like last night).

But kinda hypocritical to say "10 and 11 is just as good as single digits" ... when it's not .... and then not bang on guys like Jones who absolutely disappear every third outing.

this all day everyday :tup: