[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My take on Dak vs. Romo

Cowboyz1

Question, for any capologists out there. IF they wanted to keep Romo AND Romo wanted to stay as a backup to Dak to finish out his career in Dallas, could they do anything with the current contract with Romo's approval? I mean if Romo agreed to lower his contract could they do that? Or would they have to release him, then resign him to a new contract.

I really don't think Romo wants to play anywhere else if at all if he's not in Dallas. Not sure how they could keep him though with the cap the way it is. Any info would be appreciated.

I'm no capologist but contracts get reworked all the time to make room for more money to somebody. Why would this be different.

I'm no capologist but contracts get reworked all the time to make room for more money to somebody. Why would this be different.

Well, I am thinking that it would be illegal to say rework his contract from 24 million to say 4 million back up money since they reworked his contract to pay him up front and move money into the future twice already. Meaning could they actually reduce his contract and keep him given what they did the last two years I believe, giving him cash up front to afford Tyron Smith, Martin and I believe one other linemen contract. Just not sure it it is possible to rework his contract to keep him affordable going forward.

I doubt Romo will want to stay as a backup. He has a few years left. I assume he will want to find a starting job somewhere with a potential playoff team.

He won't get the kind of money he wants ... he is at the end of his football career and fragile to boot

Yep, I think it's the Cowboys back up or he retires and coaches somewhere. Maybe in Dallas because Jerry loves the guy like a son. I can't see him being attactive to perspective teams when they haven't seen him play in what will be two years. He'll be 37. He will have a history of fragility as you say so I just can't see him getting a deal with a team that would be competitive, protect him with a great O line AND pay him what he wants or offer the Cowboys enough in trade.

If he doesn't play again in Dallas I thinks he's done.

Yep, I think it's the Cowboys back up or he retires and coaches somewhere. Maybe in Dallas because Jerry loves the guy like a son. I can't see him being attactive to perspective teams when they haven't seen him play in what will be two years. He'll be 37. He will have a history of fragility as you say so I just can't see him getting a deal with a team that would be competitive, protect him with a great O line AND pay him what he wants or offer the Cowboys enough in trade.

With all those strikes against him why would DAL want to keep him even as a backup at a very reduced salary. If he is so fragile, hasn't played in a long time, ..... why would DAL want to have him as the backup and risk needing their #3 QB 2 plays after Dak goes down?

When Romo is healthy, dresses and can be the #2 QB for a game, then maybe we'll know better how things pan out. If he remains inactive all year, never able to even be a backup he's toast, even if he wants to be a backup for the Cowboys for a low salary.

One of my best friends is a Cowboys fan. I asked him how he felt about the situation.

He told me, 'Yea, dak's good. But their offense is so boring.'

I said 'Really?'. You're winning all of your games, most handily, and you complain the offense is too vanilla?

• Like 1

I know it would pain you to no end to see him on another team. Sorry to burst your Romo bubble but if he wanted to go somewhere else to play there would be plenty of teams interested in a 1 or two year run out of him. Denver comes to mind first and foremost to go get his championship and sail into the sunset.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 2

I know it would pain you to no end to see him on another team. Sorry to burst your Romo bubble but if he wanted to go somewhere else to play there would be plenty of teams interested in a 1 or two year run out of him. Denver comes to mind first and foremost to go get his championship and sail into the sunset.

Absolutely. Denver would be a great place for him on a one or two year contract while Paxton Lynch gets another year to learn.

It's a pretty crappy thing to do to a rookie QB. "Hey, go out and play but we will be watching for any mistakes so we can put in our old familiar guy. No pressure though. Good luck."

Who is doing that? Did JJ or Garrett tell Dak that? Or are they telling him that by not cutting Romo? Or should he remain inactive even when healthy and let Sanchez be the backup all season and through the playoffs?

Exactly what are they supposed to do to not treat Dak (or Romo) unfairly? I thought these are men and tough football players not teenager girls in a dance team (with all their drama and headgames).

Seriously some of this "oh they're treating Dak/Romo unfairly" stuff just amazes me, didn't realize these guys all had such fragile egos (they don't but their fans do).

Edited by stevegrab
  • Like 1

Who is doing that? Did JJ or Garrett tell Dak that? Or are they telling him that by not cutting Romo? Or should he remain inactive even when healthy and let Sanchez be the backup all season and through the playoffs?

Exactly what are they supposed to do to not treat Dak (or Romo) unfairly? I thought these are men and tough football players not teenager girls in a dance team (with all their drama and headgames).

Seriously some of this "oh they're treating Dak/Romo unfairly" stuff just amazes me, didn't realize these guys all had such fragile egos (they don't but their fans do).

I hear you. The issue I see is with the comments from Jerry Jones. Although he has softened his stance from "this is Tony's team" to "We will ride the hot hand," it gives the impression that if Dak has a bad game, he gets benched. Jerry has a long track record of meddling with the team and Tony is his boy. Yes, these are high level athletes and not a dance team, but it still has to be in the back of his mind. Who knows what Jerry is thinking and maybe Dak thrives on the pressure. He will have a stinker, every QB does. This kid has played incredibly well for a rookie and I would like to see them ride him into the postseason.

Ok 8-1, a magical comeback at the Steelers. Me thinks the Cowboys are in a very special zone. Romo thank you for your service and appreciate your attitude and backing up Dak because it's Dak's team. The Cowboys have rallied behind these two dynamic kids and are playing good football. Even IF Romo could play any better than Dak it doesn't matter. The Cowboys are rolling and I see no reason to disrupted this kind of run.

I have to agree, it's time to announce that this is Dak's team Jerry. I have never seen two rookies play like this........EVER. In all my years of watching the NFL, I have never seen a pair of rookies just take over a team and lift it up to a level of play that has inspired everyone on this football team, the organization and the fan base.

Roll on Cowboys Roll on. 8-1, top of the East and ballin.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

Ok 8-1, a magical comeback at the Steelers. Me thinks the Cowboys are in a very special zone. Romo thank you for your service and appreciate your attitude and backing up Dak because it's Dak's team. The Cowboys have rallied behind these two dynamic kids and are playing good football. Even IF Romo could play any better than Dak it doesn't matter. The Cowboys are rolling and I see no reason to disrupted this kind of run.

I have to agree, it's time to announce that this is Dak's team Jerry. I have never seen two rookies play like this........EVER. In all my years of watching the NFL, I have never seen a pair of rookies just take over a team and lift it up to a level of play that has inspired everyone on this football team, the organization and the fan base.

Some of us saw it sooner than others ... just sayin'

I don't know what game you watched because I watched an all around great football game. Far from a magical come back, Dallas was very much in the game the entire time and never down by more than a score. Prescott looked good though, better with the game on the line. There's no reason this shouldn't be his team

Some of us saw it sooner than others ... just sayin'

Yep, took me some time to come around but I'm finally here. I am just amazed each week. I wondered if Dak could win a wide open shoot out. The exact kind of game like today. Just when I though we were going to get Big Ben'ed, Dak and Zeke Big Ben'ed, Big Ben in his own house. Amazing.

Dream kind of season.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Yep, took me some time to come around but I'm finally here. I am just amazed each week. I wondered if Dak could win a wide open shoot out. The exact kind of game like today. Just when I though we were going to get Big Ben'ed, Dak and Zeke Big Ben'ed, Big Ben in his own house. Amazing.

Dream kind of season.

What a flip-flopper.