[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My take on Dak vs. Romo

Cowboyz1

Romo just had a PC and showed real class. That is why I love the guy. He put his heart out there and proved he has the kind of character you want in your starting QB. Something tells me we are going to need Romo at some point this year. When you show that kind of class and support for your team, life has a way of rewarding that kind of man. Thank you Romo for stepping up both on and off the field. :bow:

Except he's not the starter he is a backup, and a fragile and rusty one at that.

Have you informed Candice Crawford (Mrs. Romo) that she better hold on to her man before you steal him? The love and adoration is so over the top, if I were him I'd be getting a restraining order just in case. ;)

• Like 1

When Tom Brady took over for Bledsoe, I believe it was the championship game and Brady got hurt. Beldsoe came in and did the job. This could easily happen for Tony and it is a comfort knowing you have a guy with that kind of talent ready to go if needed. Tony's press conference was some soul searching good stuff. Ill always be a fan of that guy

Agree, he will need some time in the offense but I have a feeling the football gods have something in store for Romo. He's paid his dues and I believe he will get his moment at some point in the future.

You're losing me. You believe he is "OWED" something? Come on. He is owed nothing. He fought hard, won a job, got paid MILLIONS and he is still OWED something?

Will your second favorite team next year be the Cowboys or the team Romo is the QB for?

You're losing me. You believe he is "OWED" something? Come on. He is owed nothing. He fought hard, won a job, got paid MILLIONS and he is still OWED something?

Will your second favorite team next year be the Cowboys or the team Romo is the QB for?

What i am saying is that there is a lot of season left to play and a lot more snaps that Romo has to give. Whether it be in Dallas or somewhere else, I believe Romo is going to have another shot at some winning. I will always be a Cowboys fan through and through and yet I will pull for Tony if he does end up playing for someone else. So long as it's not against my Cowboys that is.

Exactly my point in the beginning of all this. No matter, you really can't pull Dak until THAT video is proved out on the field. That was an excellent dig by whomever posted it. I have done some looking too and discovered we really haven't played anyone that is really good yet. The one team with a solid D we lost to, albeit it was his first game but a lose none the less. I still get the feeling Romo's experience is going to be needed at some point this year. I don't know how, when or under what circumstances but the second half of seasons are completely different then first halves and the playoffs even more so. We'll see but I'm glad Romo is still on the team and healthy. Best of both worlds. Maybe we can have our cake and eat the hell out of it too. :brow:

By the way, Romo isn't going anywhere. Jones isn't going to eat 24 million in cap room for nothing. He's also not going to let QB depth go with nothing behind Dak either. We've seen where that got us. We are going to see a deal done to keep Romo a Cowboy until he's too broken to play and then get hired to coach QB's or help Garrett with the offense. That is unless Romo is hell bent on proving he can do it somewhere else but I think he recognizes that could be career ending and he doesn't need the money. Jones was quoted telling reports "it's absolutely tenable to keep both QB's".

Edited by Cowboyz1

Exactly my point in the beginning of all this. No matter, you really can't pull Dak until THAT video is proved out on the field. That was an excellent dig by whomever posted it. I have done some looking too and discovered we really haven't played anyone that is really good yet. The one team with a solid D we lost to, albeit it was his first game but a lose none the less. I still get the feeling Romo's experience is going to be needed at some point this year. I don't know how, when or under what circumstances but the second half of seasons are completely different then first halves and the playoffs even more so. We'll see but I'm glad Romo is still on the team and healthy. Best of both worlds. Maybe we can have our cake and eat the hell out of it too. :brow:

By the way, Romo isn't going anywhere. Jones isn't going to eat 24 million in cap room for nothing. He's also not going to let QB depth go with nothing behind Dak either. We've seen where that got us. We are going to see a deal done to keep Romo a Cowboy until he's too broken to play and then get hired to coach QB's or help Garrett with the offense. That is unless Romo is hell bent on proving he can do it somewhere else but I think he recognizes that could be career ending and he doesn't need the money. Jones was quoted telling reports "it's absolutely tenable to keep both QB's".

Oh man I can't wait until he dons a new uniform I think your head might explode :lol:

I'm just not convinced there is another team looking for a QB with glass collar bones and a bad back.

There may be but not one that is willing to give up something valuable like a high pick or anything like it. Maybe a player they have the same problems with health, suspensions or something else but I agree, can't see a GM giving up much for a big question mark as most are seeing it.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Romo is eyeing the Broncos as a potential landing spot if a trade were to happen. Obviously, we’re months from a possible deal, but that fit could make sense. Peyton Manning rode off into the sunset in Denver with a Super Bowl win, and Romo could do the same.

Found this on MSN

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Big thing here in Dallas is that he was filmed throwing a cup at the trash can, missed, and got up and then picked up the cup and put it in the trash. My wife said that he seems so perfect and wonderful that you have to assume he has a dead body buried in his back yard.

Big thing here in Dallas is that he was filmed throwing a cup at the trash can, missed, and got up and then picked up the cup and put it in the trash. My wife said that he seems so perfect and wonderful that you have to assume he has a dead body buried in his back yard.

Yeah, I know who does that but the Eagle scout that everyone sorta avoids because he doesn't make any mistakes and is so polite it curdles the milk. This kid is the real deal. Between him and EZ, this team is going to go far. When EZ's football nuts fall and he becomes man strong after a year or three under some Pro training he's gonna be something else.

I am loving this. 9-1 and the Cowboys are starting to control teams with their will like dare I say the teams of the 90's. You just begin to assume they will figure teams out and wear them down until they are up by double digits pulling away for the W.

I'm telling you, if this is a dream, you don't want to be the person who wakes me up.

Go Cowboys. Is this heaven cause is sure feels like cloud 9 baby. :tup:

9-1 is a great record, and you can only play the teams on your schedule, but 1 win against a team with a winning record the 5-3-1 Redskins is less impressive. The rest PHI, PIT, BAL all 5-5, CIN, GB below .500, CHI-SF combined have 3 wins, plus my winless Browns.

9-1 is a great record, and you can only play the teams on your schedule, but 1 win against a team with a winning record the 5-3-1 Redskins is less impressive. The rest PHI, PIT, BAL all 5-5, CIN, GB below .500, CHI-SF combined have 3 wins, plus my winless Browns.

Yep, I noticed that too. However, their recipe for winning can be tough to overcome when you can run and pass behind a great O line. I can't wait to go up against some top level teams. Should prove to be some great games to watch. What worries me more is the defense, even though they are playing well now.

9-1 is hard to do regardless of the schedule though. Washington should be a good test. Should make for a stellar Turkey day.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

Oh and by the way, when you hang 400 yards on the #1 defense in the league you can't say they aren't playing like a 9-1 team regardless of the schedule. AND doing it after taking it on the chin for a full quarter to open the game is making a pretty profound statement also. Not to mention that makes it 7 400 yard offensive performances in a row. Yet another franchise record beside going 9-1 which no Cowboys team has ever done. Think about that for a moment. NO Cowboys team has gone 9-1 or put up 400 yards of offense in 7 consecutive game. I don't care what your schedule is, that's special.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1