[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My take on Dak vs. Romo

Cowboyz1

Oh and by the way, when you hang 400 yards on the #1 defense in the league you can't say they aren't playing like a 9-1 team regardless of the schedule. AND doing it after taking it on the chin for a full quarter to open the game is making a pretty profound statement also. Not to mention that makes it 7 400 yard offensive performances in a row. Yet another franchise record beside going 9-1 which no Cowboys team has ever done. Think about that for a moment. NO Cowboys team has gone 9-1 or put up 400 yards of offense in 7 consecutive game. I don't care what your schedule is, that's special.

You can only play the teams that are on your schedule. The Cowboys had no control over who they were playing or how bad they would be. The were right there in week 1 against the Giants and should have won that game. They have rattled off 9 wins in a row and could make it 15

Redskins - will be a great game but advantage Cowboys with game at home

Vikings - they are reeling and not who they were

Giants - another good game but winable

Buccaneers - should win

Lions - tough game but at home

Eagles - should win

Six games left and they should be favored in every one. I am not a Cowboys fan by any means but they should go at least 4-2 to end up 13-3.

The only stumbling point would be if they lose two in a row. The calls - especially from Cowboyz1 - will be strong to bring in Romo. That could mess with team chemistry.

#1 seed overall in NFC is theirs for the taking. Just an unreal magical ride for the Cowboys and their fans. Well, except for Romo. He is not having any fun.

The way Dak is playing he's not only closing the door behind him but he's dead bolting it for good measure. 9-1 and the guy just keeps getting better with each passing quarter of the game. :bow:

Go Boys. Ride on baby Ride on......... :tup:

congrats

but why arent you checking in on my claims before the season even started about prescott?

I guess I don't get all this love for Romo getting traded and having some stellar year. This guy cannot stay healthy for a game, let alone 16 + playoffs.

The guy is a great story, but he is done.

Yeah, Yeah, they said that about Manning and his broken neck, Elway and his wobbly knees too. When you are in your late 30's you start to break down sure but that doesn't mean you can't play well and stay healthy for a good stretch either. What happened to Romo is really unlucky but you see that in a lot of players that have some bad luck and then have a good streak late in their career. Remember Fragile Freddie. Nobody would have said he would finish his career the way he did. Romo has played a lot of football and has been really good doing it. I just won't count out a guy that is willing to do what he does to help his team win on Sundays.

• Like 1

Yeah, Yeah, they said that about Manning and his broken neck, Elway and his wobbly knees too. When you are in your late 30's you start to break down sure but that doesn't mean you can't play well and stay healthy for a good stretch either. What happened to Romo is really unlucky but you see that in a lot of players that have some bad luck and then have a good streak late in their career. Remember Fragile Freddie. Nobody would have said he would finish his career the way he did. Romo has played a lot of football and has been really good doing it. I just won't count out a guy that is willing to do what he does to help his team win on Sundays.

Sounds like the Cleveland front office talking about their decision to hire RGIII

• Like 1

Sounds like the Cleveland front office talking about their decision to hire RGIII

Uh no comparison. RGIII is wrong in the head. Arrogant and isn't even in the same league as Romo. Romo has played at a high level for a decade now and RGIII has had one good year and then the lack of the good stuff in between his ears as well as his lack of ability reading defenses did him in. They took away one thing his legs and forced him to throw accurately in the pocket under pressure and he fell apart. Just like I new he would. The guy has one pass and that's the deep ball and only if he can throw from a rocking chair while doing it. So don't go comparing someone that hasn't proven manure to a player that has done and done it well for a decade and holds passer records that RGII 1/2 could never come close to. Comparing a guy who really never had it to a guy that has proven it for a decade, please.

Come on grumpy, if you should know better than to make that ridiculous comparison. :glare:

Edited by Cowboyz1

Uh no comparison. RGIII is wrong in the head. Arrogant and isn't even in the same league as Romo. Romo has played at a high level for a decade now and RGIII has had one good year and then the lack of the good stuff in between his ears as well as his lack of ability reading defenses did him in. They took away one thing his legs and forced him to throw accurately in the pocket under pressure and he fell apart. Just like I new he would. The guy has one pass and that's the deep ball and only if he can throw from a rocking chair while doing it. So don't go comparing someone that hasn't proven manure to a player that has done and done it well for a decade and holds passer records that RGII 1/2 could never come close to. Comparing a guy who really never had it to a guy that has proven it for a decade, please.

Come on grumpy, if you should know better than to make that ridiculous comparison. :glare:

Yes like when he got outplayed by sanchez 2 years ago on tday

or last year on tday

Big thing here in Dallas is that he was filmed throwing a cup at the trash can, missed, and got up and then picked up the cup and put it in the trash. My wife said that he seems so perfect and wonderful that you have to assume he has a dead body buried in his back yard.

Colin Cowherd touched on that yesterday on his show. He said little things like that turn into big things. A guy that pocks up a cup that knows he doesn't have to is the type of guy thats going to give youbthat extra rep in practice or the extra time in film.. Attention to detail .. interesting theory.

You missed the point. It wasn't about their skill sets. It was about convincing yourself that a fragile QB has something left in the tank and will not break down if you hire him.

Edited by Grits and Shins
  • Like 1

Colin Cowherd touched on that yesterday on his show. He said little things like that turn into big things. A guy that pocks up a cup that knows he doesn't have to is the type of guy thats going to give youbthat extra rep in practice or the extra time in film.. Attention to detail .. interesting theory.

i also called colin cowherd before the season about prescott

let him know hes the best qb in the draft and played under the bright lights at msu vs top tier defense and has all the intangables to be a top 3 qb in this league, also let him know romo cant perform under pressure

he got mad said its about foot work and told me to hit the brakes and that dak isnt in the same universe as romo

let me know if you want the tape :rofl:

I for one would love to see the link if for no other reason that to hear Cowherd be made to look like a fool - even in retrospect. Anything that makes him look bad I want to see.

It was 1986 or maybe 1987.... I was in my bedroom, listening to the radio, leaning up against one of the walls, throwing a tennis ball against the opposite wall. Boing... boing... boing... boing...

Then I thought it'd be fun to toss it up on some shelving I had against one of the other ways. Toss... roll... dink... dunk... bam, back in my hand.

I got creative, trying to make it go different ways and do different things.

Well this last throw, well, it happened to knock over a big glass of water, which fried my radio... I tried to lunge to try and knock the radio out of the way and smacked my head into a chair. The chair knocked into the shelf and knocked over a soccer trophy, which came tumbling off the shelf and landed squarely on my balls.