[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Devontae Booker, Kapri Bibbs

medalofhonor

This might be a knee jerk reaction but Booker looked awful (2.2 YPC !) in last night's game and looked nowhere close to being a bellcow RB1 for rest of the season.

On the other hand, Kapri Bibbs had that massive 69 yard TD run and was probably more productive in the limited carries he got.

This surely can't be a good sign for Booker owners, right ? Bibbs has surely earned more snaps going forward.

A potential "hot hand" approach coming in the Denver backfield ?

Edited by medalofhonor

Well for once I grabbed the guy that might do something (Bibbs) before he was on other owners radar. Would be nice if he can help me out as my team is in a tail spin as of late (started 5-1 and lost my 3rd straight, averaged 100 ppg first 4 weeks, but only 67ppg the last 5, and my last win was a lucky 42-35 game.

The whole Broncos offense looks off, not sure what is up.

• Like 1

Well for once I grabbed the guy that might do something (Bibbs) before he was on other owners radar. Would be nice if he can help me out as my team is in a tail spin as of late (started 5-1 and lost my 3rd straight, averaged 100 ppg first 4 weeks, but only 67ppg the last 5, and my last win was a lucky 42-35 game.

The whole Broncos offense looks off, not sure what is up.

The Broncos (and Newton) are killing my fantasy season.

Kapri Bibbs to out-snap Booker in Week 10?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/347312/kapri-bibbs-to-out-snap-booker-in-week-10?ls=roto:DEN:topheadlines

NBC Denver believes Kapri Bibbs could supplant Devontae Booker as the Broncos' lead back in Week 10.

Booker played 46-of-56 snaps against the Raiders, compared to nine for Bibbs, but longtime beat writer Mike Klis believes "(that) ratio figures to change in Bibbs' favor vs. New Orleans." Booker out-touched Bibbs 11-3, but Bibbs out-gained him 80-30 thanks to a weaving 69-yard touchdown reception. Booker has been extremely ineffective through two starts in place of C.J. Anderson, gaining just 76 yards on 29 carries (2.62 YPC), but we'd still consider him the favorite to lead the Week 10 backfield. Bibbs will undoubtedly be more involved, however.
Nov 7 - 3:09 PM

Kapri Bibbs to out-snap Booker in Week 10?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/347312/kapri-bibbs-to-out-snap-booker-in-week-10?ls=roto:DEN:topheadlines

NBC Denver believes Kapri Bibbs could supplant Devontae Booker as the Broncos' lead back in Week 10.

Booker played 46-of-56 snaps against the Raiders, compared to nine for Bibbs, but longtime beat writer Mike Klis believes "(that) ratio figures to change in Bibbs' favor vs. New Orleans." Booker out-touched Bibbs 11-3, but Bibbs out-gained him 80-30 thanks to a weaving 69-yard touchdown reception. Booker has been extremely ineffective through two starts in place of C.J. Anderson, gaining just 76 yards on 29 carries (2.62 YPC), but we'd still consider him the favorite to lead the Week 10 backfield. Bibbs will undoubtedly be more involved, however.

Source: Mike Klis on Twitter

Nov 7 - 3:09 PM

Just what I feared. Great !

• Like 1

Just what I feared. Great !

Ugghhh....I didn't handcuff him for "free" when I had the chance. I also traded Tyrell Williams for Booker. I thought it was a good trade at the time.

Edited by Shaft

This is crazy. That o-line is not opening up any holes during games. I will say that Booker looked tentative last night but Bibbs didn't do anything running the ball. Until Semien gets his act together this could be a lost cause at RB. Having the FB back could help a ton though.

I'm all in on Bibbs. With other teams, a running back doing well usually means he'll become part of a committee. Kubiak, however, has traditionally liked to have a bell cow. And between having a dominant defense and a weak quarterback, the Broncos might run the ball so much that two running backs can be fantasy producers.

Bibbs' 69 yard catch is only one play. But it might have been impressive enough for Kubiak to want to give Bibbs a bunch more touches to see if he can give the Broncos offense the spark it so badly needs. I'm rostering Bibbs for at least this week to see if Kubiak gives him the reins.

• Like 1

I'm all in on Bibbs. With other teams, a running back doing well usually means he'll become part of a committee. Kubiak, however, has traditionally liked to have a bell cow. And between having a dominant defense and a weak quarterback, the Broncos might run the ball so much that two running backs can be fantasy producers.

Bibbs' 69 yard catch is only one play. But it might have been impressive enough for Kubiak to want to give Bibbs a bunch more touches to see if he can give the Broncos offense the spark it so badly needs. I'm rostering Bibbs for at least this week to see if Kubiak gives him the reins.

Agree with the above, and with McCoy on bye and in a 16-team'er I'm gladly plugging Bibbs in this week against the Saints. It's a dice roll, but the chances of it hitting are increased based on the matchup.

I think we all realize what kind of RBBC state we all live in now, these kinds of plays are going to become more and more common. It's all about finding the right mix of opportunity and matchup. Really no different than any other play, but you do have to dig a little deeper.

• Like 1

Interesting take the beat writer had based upon this interview with Head Coach Kubiak (1:20 mark).

Reporter: "Where does it stand at RB, will Bibbs start or Booker start?"

Kubiak: "Oh, Book will start, we won't do anything different. Just hopefully more carries to go around for both of them, but obviously we got some confidence in Kapri. He's played well. You know, obviously did well last week. Continues to get better."

Didn't hear a thing about losing the job, 50/50 split, or any other such nonsense.

• Like 1

Hoping Booker and the Broncos offense get untracked. I had him in three leagues as a RB bench gamble (along with Paul Perkins and Kenneth Dixon) and I almost manure my pants when CJ Anderson went on the IR: it was like winning the RB1 lottery (no offense, CJ: get well and all that).

Then last week happened.

So I am still all-in on Booker based on talent and snap count. Hoping my faith is rewarded.