[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Doug Martin playing this week?

Rekroot

He's practicing today (Wednesday) so that's a pretty good sign. I'd be hesitant to start him his first week back as Chicago is one of the top D's against the run.

That's good news because I just bought low on him. It would be major if he came back right now.

I know everyone is saying wait a week but if he can go I'm going to put him in. I have so many back ups playing that my RB corps is like the Pips without Gladys Knight!

If he starts, and all indications is that he will....I would start him in a heart beat and not think twice about it.

If the team thinks he is ready after being out for so damn long and babying him along the way to ensure he doesn't reinjure the hammy, then I see no reason not to plug him in. That being said, with all the injuries and bye week crap, I will be starting him in a bunch of leagues based solely on need. I am crossing my fingers, as he would be an excellent and most welcomed late season shot to the arm for a bunch of my teams. I really hope he was worth the wait. It would almost feel like finding one of those late season gems that seems to happen every year.

Doug Martin (hamstring, questionable) was a full participant at Friday's practice.
He was limited on Wednesday and Thursday. It looks like Martin has a real chance to suit up Sunday against the Bears, though if he does, he'll almost certainly be on a snap count. It's probably safer to wait a week before plugging Martin back into your lineup. Once he's settled, Martin will be a weekly RB1. Nov 11 - 3:43 PM

Full participant = good
Snap count = not so good
Mix in the fact that the Bears have the LEAST amount of fantasy points to RBs, and I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole.

I read that when he comes back, it won't be on a snap count.

ETA:

Head Coach Dirk Koetter said the decision of whether or not Martin would be active for Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears will be made by the team's medical staff, in consult with Martin. When Martin is cleared, that will mean he's ready to take on a full workload.

"If you're up for the game, if you're up on the 46, that might mean 64 plays," said Koetter, dismissing the idea of bringing Martin back on a 'pitch count.' "What if you're the only guy left? You can't go in thinking you're going to play a guy 10 snaps, because he might end up being the only guy. You can't do it that way. That's why the 'probable, doubtful,' that stuff's out the window on game day.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Doug-Martin-Eager-to-Return/693b4820-f780-4795-bb7e-a4b41c329f72

Edited by Shaft

i do not own martin....but i own winston...and im debating winston/eli this week in a pivotal week(13-5 and in 2nd place i guess they are all pivotal from here on out lol)....so i wonder how a martin return would alter what tampa has been doing....they are relatively thin at wr.....and they havent been too successful the last few weeks ....i wonder if they dont try to commit more to running martin and barber

Lol whoever thinks Martin had a good showing is on crack. 16 carries for 33 yards? That's awful. That little run in the end zone salvaged his day. But I understand.... first game back. He's obviously shaking off the rust. And if he's healthy, you almost have to play him unless you have 2-3 better options at RB.

Lol whoever thinks Martin had a good showing is on crack. 16 carries for 33 yards? That's awful. That little run in the end zone salvaged his day. But I understand.... first game back. He's obviously shaking off the rust. And if he's healthy, you almost have to play him unless you have 2-3 better options at RB.

No one said it was a good showing. And it was a tough matchup. But for him to carry 16 times is nice.

No one said it was a good showing. And it was a tough matchup. But for him to carry 16 times is nice.

How about you read above your post that began with "Uggghhh" and try again.

Anyway, I'm not a Martin owner so I really don't care as far as fantasy goes. However, as it relates to real life, yes, it's good that he was on the field as much as he was.

How about you read above your post that began with "Uggghhh" and try again.

Anyway, I'm not a Martin owner so I really don't care as far as fantasy goes. However, as it relates to real life, yes, it's good that he was on the field as much as he was.

I stand corrected. Lol

Maybe he was referencing the 16 carries.

Edited by Shaft