[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Isaiah Pead in critical condition after car accident...

irish

Fox Sports -

Former Dolphins and Rams running back Isaiah Pead is in critical condition following a car crash early Saturday morning, NBC4 Columbus and ESPN report.

The 26-year-old Pead reportedly had surgery around 7 a.m. after losing control of his car and careening off the side of Interstate 670 in the Columbus, Ohio area around 2:30 a.m. He was ejected from the vehicle as his car struck several trees, leaving a passenger, 27-year-old Wesley Richardson, in stable condition. Police told NBC4 that Pead was not wearing a seatbelt.

That's not good at all.

Kid was driving down the highway here in town. Thought he was hot manure, decided to pass on the right, on the shoulder. Came across a driveway. Most driveways in Arizona have culverts. He hit one doing 90+. Flipped his car and proceeded to roll for 700 feet. Was ejected from the car, flew 40 feet in the air over a tree.

His wife who was in the car had her seat belt on. She walked away. He was flown to Phoenix, and I don't believe he made it.

Wear your damn seat belt. It's 3 seconds to put on and can save you years of time

I'm local. He lost control on a sweeping lefthander. That would be a scary spot to go off [let alone smash thru a guard rail]. It's a magnet for accidents with people in a rush to take the off ramp for Port Columbus.

Edited by MothAudio

Loved him at UC. This was posted last night.

From UC: Isaiah Pead has been upgraded to critical, but stable condition. Remains in the ICU.

That's good news. Can't imagine surviving an accident where you blow through a guard rail, are hitting some trees and are thrown from the car.

That's not good at all.

Kid was driving down the highway here in town. Thought he was hot manure, decided to pass on the right, on the shoulder. Came across a driveway. Most driveways in Arizona have culverts. He hit one doing 90+. Flipped his car and proceeded to roll for 700 feet. Was ejected from the car, flew 40 feet in the air over a tree.

His wife who was in the car had her seat belt on. She walked away. He was flown to Phoenix, and I don't believe he made it.

Wear your damn seat belt. It's 3 seconds to put on and can save you years of time

Hit a tree when I was younger. Broke 5 ribs, punctured a lung, shattered my ankle, and broke my neck in 3 places, but the seatbelt saved my life. Buckle up people

• Like 1

Just drove by the spot where he went off, right at the apex of the curve. Must have been really flying.

Police reports indicated "speed may have been a factor." Being that it happened around/after 2:30AM I'll suspect some drinking may have been involved, as well as some very poor decision making (no seat belt).

Sorry for his pain and suffering but probably a completely avoidable thing. At least he didn't harm/kill somebody else.

• Like 1