[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goff is getting his shot!

raulmz

Reports Chris Mortenson although there is no official word from the team (from various links and stories I've read). One report on NFL.com says that NFLN Michael Silver got the word directly from Goff.

Could happen but is far from official (before people rush out to make roster changes).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000740188/article/jared-goff-to-start-for-rams-against-dolphins

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/15/rams-bench-case-keenum-for-jared-goff/

Glad they waited 1 more week as I needed keenum last week to cover carr's bye.

is this good or bad for the WRs?

Don't think it's good. Keenum hasn't thrown many TDs but he did have a few games where he got 300ish yards - Goff looked quite bad during the preseason, I personally don't see him throwing many 300-yd games this year.

Edited by bud29
  • Like 1

Man we haven't even seen him play a real game in the NFL and most people Ive heard from have him buried. I'll reserve my opinions of him until after I've seen him under center in the NFL for more than 0 snaps. Don't know where the overall dislike and disregard for him comes from. He didn't start the year as the starter? Rumblings that he just isn't cutting it and can't pick up offense? He's the number one pick in the draft so there's already automatic hatred? He's playing for the Rams and Fisher? Can't put my finger on the masses already bashing a guy that has zero playing time in a real game. Every interview I've ever seen with him including the one with Gruden he seems like a genuinely smart football mind and a nice young man. I for one hope he comes out and shuts up the doubters and I hate the Rams but I'm pulling for the kid!

• Like 1

Man we haven't even seen him play a real game in the NFL and most people Ive heard from have him buried. I'll reserve my opinions of him until after I've seen him under center in the NFL for more than 0 snaps. Don't know where the overall dislike and disregard for him comes from. He didn't start the year as the starter? Rumblings that he just isn't cutting it and can't pick up offense? He's the number one pick in the draft so there's already automatic hatred? He's playing for the Rams and Fisher? Can't put my finger on the masses already bashing a guy that has zero playing time in a real game. Every interview I've ever seen with him including the one with Gruden he seems like a genuinely smart football mind and a nice young man. I for one hope he comes out and shuts up the doubters and I hate the Rams but I'm pulling for the kid!

This reminds me of the local talk show hosts and how they keep going on about Dak Prescott this and Dak Prescott that. "Bears had three 4th round picks, they should of taken Prescott!" Should they have, yes absolutely the Bears need to develop a QB. But that being said, even if they had he wouldn't be manure right now. Why? Because he wouldn't of developed nearly as well as he has under Linehan, or had nearly the level talent around (especially at the line) to help with his play.

That is why people are so down on Goff. Cause Fisher's system hasn't shown it can develop a successful quarterback (or for that matter a modern offensive scheme) despite it's very long tenure; and there is very limited talent around him that can help elevate his play or cover his mistakes. Can he be good? Sure, but I wouldn't feel very confident laying my money down while he's under Fisher.

• Like 3

This reminds me of the local talk show hosts and how they keep going on about Dak Prescott this and Dak Prescott that. "Bears had three 4th round picks, they should of taken Prescott!" Should they have, yes absolutely the Bears need to develop a QB. But that being said, even if they had he wouldn't be manure right now. Why? Because he wouldn't of developed nearly as well as he has under Linehan, or had nearly the level talent around (especially at the line) to help with his play.

That is why people are so down on Goff. Cause Fisher's system hasn't shown it can develop a successful quarterback (or for that matter a modern offensive scheme) despite it's very long tenure; and there is very limited talent around him that can help elevate his play or cover his mistakes. Can he be good? Sure, but I wouldn't feel very confident laying my money down while he's under Fisher.

Fair enough good analysis... I figured it was the Fisher factor just haven't looked enough into it to get the doubt surrounding him. Still hoping he can be a successful QB at some point in the NFL.
  • Like 1

Poor kid will be compared to Dak and that will make it very difficult on the kid. Despite being a bit short between the ears seeing he didn't know the sun rises in the East and sets in the west, he's in for a very tough starting gig.

You're just trying too hard now with the sun thing. Let it go man let it go and you too will be set free

Poor kid will be compared to Dak and that will make it very difficult on the kid. Despite being a bit short between the ears seeing he didn't know the sun rises in the East and sets in the west, he's in for a very tough starting gig.

Other rookie QBs should not be compared to Dak, as they don't have the Cowboys OL, Zeke, coaches etc.

Players develop differently on different teams, just because they are great with one team does not mean they have that success everywhere. I'm amazed how few NFL fans can grasp that. "Browns should have taken Wentz/Dak, look how good they are...."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Other rookie QBs should not be compared to Dak, as they don't have the Cowboys OL, Zeke, coaches etc.

Players develop differently on different teams, just because they are great with one team does not mean they have that success everywhere. I'm amazed how few NFL fans can grasp that. "Browns should have taken Wentz/Dak, look how good they are...."

Preach on brother! Dak landed in the perfect situation. The kid is good with poise, but he is not solely responsible for that team's success, not even close.

• 10 months later...
On 11/15/2016 at 7:04 PM, Cowboyz1 said:

Well hell I think he set the sunset over big D today and set off on his horse back west.... Yeeeeeehaw