[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christine Michael waived by Seahawks

bud29

I guess they like Prosise a bit. Will refrain from any "getting his shot" references, as I'm sure it will be covered in each of the next 194492 replies.

Edited by bud29
  • Like 1

Link? We got nothing confirming it here locally. However, methinks Rotoworld reported it.

Party's over: Seahawks cut Christine Michael

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/348040/partys-over-seahawks-cut-christine-michael?ls=roto:FA:topheadlines

Seahawks waived RB Christine Michael.

Michael's Seahawks career has come full circle. The starter to begin the season, Michael quickly fell out of favor, as he did early on during his first stint in Seattle. The Seahawks didn't seem to trust C-Mike to properly execute the offense. The disconnect was evident in Michael's stats, as his 4.00 YPC didn't match the explosion he demonstrated on film. His release is the clearest sign yet Thomas Rawls (leg) will be returning this week. There's a chance Michael will be claimed off waivers, but his bizarre reputation could cause teams to pass. Now 26, Michael's Dynasty light is once again nearly faded.
Nov 15 - 5:50 PM

Local radio said that he was fighting for his job on Sunday night, and speculated that he might be on the chopping block. He has been, in large part, unimpressive since he had a few shining moments earlier in the year (a lot of which took place in the pre-season). Meanwhile, behind that same O-Line that has been struggling to block for Michael, Prosise got what... 150 total yards on Sunday night? Add in the fact that Rawls is apparently ready to return, and Michael became expendable.

Edited by Gopher

This is a surprise to me, but I'm not up on all things Seahawks.

Some off the field stuff problems here?

Heehawks what do think?

FWIW:

The #Seahawks move to waive Christine Michael has nothing to do with an off-the-field issue. Football decision. Thomas Rawls is better

A bit surprising to be sure. But he has always been a place holder until Prosise got up to speed and Rawls comes back. Plus they really like Alex Collins. He seems to run out from under himself quite a bit, falling down before anyone touches him. He has always been a head case, so I guess it was going to happen sooner rather than later.I am going to go and read about it in local papers and update here, if there are any other tidbits.

Edited by heehawks

I believe his personality is just intolerable in the locker room. That coupled with is average production made him expendable. The Cowboys locker room just couldn't deal with his antics and childish behavior and I suspect the Hawks were done with it also. He was like a young springier spaniel running around yapping all the time. Get's really tiresome.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I believe his personality is just intolerable in the locker room. That coupled with is average production made him expendable. The Cowboys locker room just couldn't deal with his antics and childish behavior and I suspect the Hawks were done with it also. He was like a young springier spaniel running around yapping all the time. Get's really tiresome.

I believe this is all speculation. Every thing I've read is that he's well liked by his teammates and coaching staff. I just think for all of his extra effort, he never could figure it out. He certainly wasn't performing all that well.

Thanks Gossip Girl!

• Like 1