[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commisioner question

babe3927

I'm a co commissioner in a money league. Decent money. Pay out for first, second and winner of consolation bracket. Also high score weekly thru week 16 and winner of regular season gets roster move money. $1 each drop/pickup so it adds up. The league is super competitive and everyone is still in contention for playoff spots. So its coming down to the wire.

Question: We have one team who I guess has decided to check out. His team is a mess with bye weeks and empty roster spots. I'm obviously not asking this guy back next year but is there anything I can do this year? I've tried emailing him but no response. Every week is an easy win for whoever is playing him and it matters for standings.

Anyone had to deal with this before?

Not much you can do but make sure he knows what is going on, is paid up, and don't invite him back next year. It is possible he has some real life drama going on that keeps him from being active in the league. Touch situation but hey, it's only FF.

Agreed. You never really know what's going on with other peoples' lives, but definitely would not invite next year. The least he could do is give a common courtesy response.

I would agree with that except that back in week 5 he picked up Goff as a bye week replacement and then dropped him and picked up Griffin(who was on IR) and started him. His explanation, I let my son pick the lineup for that week. Last week had 4 guys on bye and left them in the roster and didn't roster a Def. That's 5 open spots. And this week will be almost the same.

In one of my leagues, over $100 buy in, the commissioner will fill out the team in these cases. Not sure if your league has that ability, but I would go in and fill out the starting roster...no add/drops...just set the line up.

Only problem with this is that a lot of other teams have already had the benefit of playing him with an incomplete lineup - to now go in and start filling in his lineup is not fair to his remaining opponents. While it sucks, it is actually more fair to the league to leave it be, let everyone get their shot as was scheduled, and as others have noted, not invite him back for next season.

Only problem with this is that a lot of other teams have already had the benefit of playing him with an incomplete lineup - to now go in and start filling in his lineup is not fair to his remaining opponents. While it sucks, it is actually more fair to the league to leave it be, let everyone get their shot as was scheduled, and as others have noted, not invite him back for next season.

Can't change it for this year IMO, but put in a rule for next year in the case of inactive owners the commish will fill the lineup every week.

Be very clear on what projections site you will use for setting the lineup and any waiver wire moves if necessary. Also in how players are dropped if WW moves need to be made. The better you identify that the easier you job will be if this happens again. Been through this a few times over the years and never had any gripes how we filled out the roster and lineups via the rules.