[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sam being Sam.... when will teams / people learn?

Papa Deuce

Bradford finally got on a team that was supposed to be really good.... but he stinks like Limburger cheese.... which coincidentally is only made in Minnesota, these days.

I don't know how any NFL GM can't know this.... once again, he throws a pick on a ball he should never have thrown. He doesn't throw many TDs, and he something like 30 and 40 in his career,

I'm an Eagles fan, and Wentz has had some issues, but I would take him over Bug Eye Bradford any day of the year.... plus that nice 1st rounder we are getting from Minny. Yet, even in Philly there are still some people who think they would rather have Bradford than Wentz, or, at least think he is the better QB right now.

So, where will he be playing in 2017?

Meh.... He played better than 95% of the players on the field yesterday. 31 for 37? Can't ask for much better than that. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite enough in a game that they probably needed to win, if they're going to make the playoffs. But, if we're laying blame in the five losses so far, Bradford isn't even close to the top of the list. In fact, he's probably near the bottom, frankly.

The defense has been great at times, yet at other moments when they've needed a stop, they couldn't get off the field (Chicago, Washington, and Detroit the first time). Yesterday, Bradford completed the first down that likely puts them in a position to at least go to overtime, and an illegal formation call on Patterson brings them back (and puts them in a 3rd and long position). Next play, he makes what was really his first true mistake of the game (and one could argue that it was just as much a great play by Slay as it was a bad throw by Bradford). Then there are the kicking issues with Walsh.... Missed XP's and/or chip shot FG's probably cost them two games alone. No running game. No pass protection (was improved yesterday, but a lot of that is Bradford getting rid of the ball in under 2 seconds about 80% of the time). I could go on.

Yeah, Bradford has put them in a position to win, more often than not. Three picks in 10 games, I believe. Definitely better than Shaun Hill would have done, that is for certain. Probably just as well as (or better than) Teddy would have done also, but that's somewhat speculative.

We'll see... There is still a lot of football left to be played. Detroit will likely be underdogs in at least 3 of their remaining 5 games, and that's not including their finale versus Green Bay. Meanwhile, Minnesota needs to take care of business in games that they should win, something they haven't done well in the past month. So, I'm not getting my hopes up. But, I'm not writing them off, either.

• Like 1

I posted here when the trade went down that Minny overpaid and was chastised lol.

He is who we thought he was

Most people who defended the trade didn't disagree that the price was steep. It was. But, what was the alternative? Stick with Hill, and go 6-10? That was the road they were headed down if they did nothing. They gave up what will likely be a late (or worst case, middle) 1st round pick for a shot to make something out of this season. And a conditional later pick, which has a better than 50/50 chance at amounting to nothing, statistically speaking.

Name a QB with a higher completion percentage this year. There isn't one. Sacked the fourth most in the league. 12 TD's, and 3 INT's. He's done everything they've asked for, and then some, literally putting them in a position to win every game.

Funny how the naysayers (who have been 100% wrong up until this point) come out of the woodwork now, after Bradford has exceeded expectations for the better part of two months, screaming "I was right!" Give me a break. :lol:

Most people who defended the trade didn't disagree that the price was steep. It was. But, what was the alternative? Stick with Hill, and go 6-10? That was the road they were headed down if they did nothing. They gave up what will likely be a late (or worst case, middle) 1st round pick for a shot to make something out of this season. And a conditional later pick, which has a better than 50/50 chance at amounting to nothing, statistically speaking.

Name a QB with a higher completion percentage this year. There isn't one. Sacked the fourth most in the league. 12 TD's, and 3 INT's. He's done everything they've asked for, and then some, literally putting them in a position to win every game.

Funny how the naysayers (who have been 100% wrong up until this point) come out of the woodwork now, after Bradford has exceeded expectations for the better part of two months, screaming "I was right!" Give me a break. :lol:

I'm pretty sure they could have missed the playoffs without trading away any draft picks

Says the fan who apparently would be OK with just mailing it in this year and hoping next year is better. :tup:

Guys always been hurt and hasnt really ever done anything as a pro. Except cry when Philly drafted Wentz.If you're ok giving a 1st and 4th or 5th or whatever it was to get him then :thumbsup: Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Limburger cheese.... which coincidentally is only made in Minnesota, these days.

Limburger cheese is only made in Monroe, Wisconsin.

once again, he throws a pick on a ball he should never have thrown.

He has thrown 3 interceptions on the year.

Bradford finally got on a team that was supposed to be really good.... but he stinks like Limburger cheese.

Pro Football Focus rates the Minnesota offensive line as the second worst in the NFL. Yet, Bradford has a completion percentage of 71.3% this year which is the best in NFL history.

• Like 4

Limburger cheese is only made in Monroe, Wisconsin.

He has thrown 3 interceptions on the year.

Pro Football Focus rates the Minnesota offensive line as the second worst in the NFL. Yet, Bradford has a completion percentage of 71.3% this year which is the best in NFL history.

You can have all those 7 yard passes you like.... he can't throw deep. In his time in Philly, I saw about 4 attempts over 35 yards.... You can defend him all you want, but wins don't follow his hollow stats.... and the fact that the pansy ass refused to show up for camp because his feelings got hurt when they drafted Wentz.

You can have all those 7 yard passes you like.... he can't throw deep. In his time in Philly, I saw about 4 attempts over 35 yards.... You can defend him all you want, but wins don't follow his hollow stats.... and the fact that the pansy ass refused to show up for camp because his feelings got hurt when they drafted Wentz.

Seems like you're the one who's feelings got hurt. :lol:

:crybaby::crybaby:

• Like 2

As a MN fan I hope this is wrong but Hasselback and Dilfer called him a "driving range pro"... he can wow you with all the throws and is money until the money is on the line and then he shrinks from the moment. JMO.

Well he probably isn't Tom Brady. We needed a QB and I don't know how any other team in the league gives one of those away to us.

Well he probably isn't Tom Brady. We needed a QB and I don't know how any other team in the league gives one of those away to us.

I am not saying I disagreed with the deal I think we had to do something... anything... all I am saying is when the chips are on the line and the rush is coming I see him look down and brace for impact (see late games of past 5-6 weeks) when the BETTER QBs in the League move the pocket buy a second and hit someone to win a game. NOW with our OL playing the what 6 or 7th best tackle we have at this point I understand him trying not to get killed but CMON MAN you get paid the big bucks to snatch victory from tough situations like that... I did not say it was fair or easy but that is why QBS get paid like they do, right?

ok it might be the 5th and 6th best OT we have playing right now... but you get my point...

Seems like you're the one who's feelings got hurt. :lol:

:crybaby::crybaby:

Feelings hurt? Nah.... I just think he sucks too bad to try and pull a stunt like that just 2 weeks after signing a deal.... I believe you honor a contract.... but his pansy ass feelings were just too much for him to handle..... If you can't even try to beat out a rookie, you have no business in the NFL.....

Minnesota HAD to do something at the QB position, especially opening that new building. The trade was fine. Bradford isnt the problem there.

Capable game manager at this point. Took a helmet to the ribs and played well afterwards. Always helps to have a great D.

Meh.... He played better than 95% of the players on the field yesterday. 31 for 37? Can't ask for much better than that. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite enough in a game that they probably needed to win, if they're going to make the playoffs. But, if we're laying blame in the five losses so far, Bradford isn't even close to the top of the list. In fact, he's probably near the bottom, frankly.

The defense has been great at times, yet at other moments when they've needed a stop, they couldn't get off the field (Chicago, Washington, and Detroit the first time). Yesterday, Bradford completed the first down that likely puts them in a position to at least go to overtime, and an illegal formation call on Patterson brings them back (and puts them in a 3rd and long position). Next play, he makes what was really his first true mistake of the game (and one could argue that it was just as much a great play by Slay as it was a bad throw by Bradford). Then there are the kicking issues with Walsh.... Missed XP's and/or chip shot FG's probably cost them two games alone. No running game. No pass protection (was improved yesterday, but a lot of that is Bradford getting rid of the ball in under 2 seconds about 80% of the time). I could go on.

Yeah, Bradford has put them in a position to win, more often than not. Three picks in 10 games, I believe. Definitely better than Shaun Hill would have done, that is for certain. Probably just as well as (or better than) Teddy would have done also, but that's somewhat speculative.

We'll see... There is still a lot of football left to be played. Detroit will likely be underdogs in at least 3 of their remaining 5 games, and that's not including their finale versus Green Bay. Meanwhile, Minnesota needs to take care of business in games that they should win, something they haven't done well in the past month. So, I'm not getting my hopes up. But, I'm not writing them off, either.

I agree with a lot of this. Having said all that when the trade was made I didn't think that Bradford was going to the the magic bullet to get Minnesota to the playoffs, and if Bradford can't get you to the playoffs then the price was too high.

I agree with a lot of this. Having said all that when the trade was made I didn't think that Bradford was going to the the magic bullet to get Minnesota to the playoffs, and if Bradford can't get you to the playoffs then the price was too high.

Did you think that knowing they'd lose AP for most of the year? Lose several OL for large parts of the year, and using 3rd string players on OL? And have their OC quit after half a season?

Sure people were skeptical, but I think if those things don't all happen the MIN offense is still doing enough to win and make the playoffs. It certainly isn't on Bradford, and Bridgewater would not be doing any better. The gambled because they had AP and a great D, it was a reasonable risk (though the price was very high).

Just to preface, I think the Bradford trade was a positive for MIN, but people praising his high completion % have to realize it's because he can't hold the ball longer than 3 seconds due to a completely crippled o-line not necessarily because he's a decent/good QB. That said, he isn't as bad as people make him out to be and I'm honestly surprised his injury prone history has held up in one of the worst protection units in the league.

It forces short passes, screens, and check downs because any passes beyond 10 yards will be off of his back foot, on the run, or with a hand in his face (as you saw with the final game tying TD opportunity "definitely should have been a penalty for QB hit to the head"). Very few QBs, particularly pocket passers even at the caliber of Brady or Brees would be able to do much, just look at Palmer this year with an injured o-line vs 2015.

Lets take a look at the MIN o-line this year:

March Offseason

• Sign G Boone

July Offseason

• Former starting RT Loadholt retires right before training camp after missing 2015 to injury

August Offseason

• Lose starting RG Mike Harris to MF-Illness Reserve
  • Move former LG Brandon Fusco to RG
  • Move recently signed (March 2016) G Boone to LG
  • Release former starting C Sullivan after missing 2015 to injury

Week 2

• Lose starting starting LT Matt Kalil to IR
  • Move former 2nd year starting RT Clemmings to LT
  • Move newly signed (in March 2016) T Smith to RT

Week 3

• Starting LG Boone goes down during 1st Qtr to injury, Sirles fills in

Week 4

• Starting RT Smith goes down during 1st Qtr to injury, Sirles fills in

Week 5

• Starting RG Fusco goes down during 1st Qtr to injury, backup G Kerin fills in
  • Lose Smith to IR
  • Sirles starts at RT

During Week 6 Bye

• Sign Jake Long to start at LT
  • Move Clemmings back to RT

Week 9

• Starting LG Boone out with concussion

Week 10

• Lose Long to IR
  • 3rd year undrafted Sirles played LT for Week 10
  • Move Clemmings back to LT after Week 10
  • Move Sirles to RT after Week 10

Week 13

• Starting C Berger out with concussion, backup C Easton to start

Then add in a little bit of injured starting QB and hall of fame RB in Bridgewater and AP and you have a total cluster$@#$ of a situation. Even if MIN doesn't make it into the playoffs this year, the 2 year contract for Bradford has a lot of upside:

• Bridgewater might not be ready for the start of 2017 and there are concerns about ever returning both mentally and physically, having Bradford another year will allow management to gauge his recovery, while having a startable QB and determine whether they need to draft/trade for the future
  • AP will be back
  • O-line starters LT Kalil, RG Harris will return, also allowing Clemmings to return to RT
  • Bradford will have had a year's experience plus training camp (which he didn't get to do this year) in MIN allowing him to develop added familiarity and chemistry with his receivers
  • Like 1

They have a shot at making the playoffs. It makes the price of Bradford well worth it.

Not a chance in hell with his current contract. Even if they negotiate a pay cut, still going to be hard to agree on a back that will be 32 with considerable mileage and wear.

Didn't realize his contract was so high, almost 12M in salary plus 6M roster bonus which is due on day 3 of the 2017 league calendar year. Believe that means shortly after SB.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/adrian-peterson-4753/