[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kaepernick benched

Wolverines Fan

So...do you even watch NFL games? Just wondering. I have redzone so I do not miss much also many games are broadcast on local tv annnnd theres espn in case you miss this or that plus NFL network will update everything with video...do you watch the NFL or just listen to those who do?

I do watch lots of NFL games, not sure if you're really just curious or questioning whether I follow the sport.

I watch pretty much every game that is broadcast locally (5-6 or more a week), plus any games provided on NFLN on NFL Replay (used to be several games now only 1). I have stopped watching the Browns this year going back a few weeks. I also turn off more crappy games lately like SNF/MNF this week (I DVR games and skip commercials and halftime, if the game is bad I can let it finish recording and see if there was a comeback to watch).

I do not have RZ, not a fan of highlight only viewing, I want more of the complete game, the drama the smaller plays etc. Not sure how people watch that and say they saw the game or don't miss much, they're covering 7-8 games at once some times, you're missing tons of stuff. (I did try watching free preview one year.)

SF-CHI was not broadcast in my market, I only saw a few highlights but did read various reports/comments saying it looked like Kaep quit. If I don't see the game I go on what I've heard, I'm not inclined to seek out video of the game to see it with my own eyes (too many other interests and moving on to the next week).

• Like 1

I do watch lots of NFL games, not sure if you're really just curious or questioning whether I follow the sport.

I watch pretty much every game that is broadcast locally (5-6 or more a week), plus any games provided on NFLN on NFL Replay (used to be several games now only 1). I have stopped watching the Browns this year going back a few weeks. I also turn off more crappy games lately like SNF/MNF this week (I DVR games and skip commercials and halftime, if the game is bad I can let it finish recording and see if there was a comeback to watch).

I do not have RZ, not a fan of highlight only viewing, I want more of the complete game, the drama the smaller plays etc. Not sure how people watch that and say they saw the game or don't miss much, they're covering 7-8 games at once some times, you're missing tons of stuff. (I did try watching free preview one year.)

SF-CHI was not broadcast in my market, I only saw a few highlights but did read various reports/comments saying it looked like Kaep quit. If I don't see the game I go on what I've heard, I'm not inclined to seek out video of the game to see it with my own eyes (too many other interests and moving on to the next week).

You'd know that too watching REDZONE...people actually complained that there was too much 49'er/CHI durring the broadcast. It's not for everone. It's just for those who play ff.

that's a lot of watching.

some of us can't afford cable, so we don't have NFLN, espn, or redzone. If it's not broadcast, I can't watch it.

even if i had the money, I don't see my kids or wife giving me 10-15 hours a week for football.

people like me annoy ESPN... ha ha

Cable can be expensive for sure, guess I just figured most people have that, even some that don't have a lot of money..

I am single, no wife no kids, no pets and other than church and my motorcycle riding no outside interests that limit my ability to watch NFL all day on Sunday. (Not a college fan or I could probably watch that all day Saturday too.) I also watch lots of TV (including sports) on DVR so I may only spend 1.5-2 hour on an NFL game not 3+ . Sundays I may not start on NFL until 3 or later, take a break before I start SNF and then by the end of that game I'm all caught up (and a bit burned out).

You'd know that too watching REDZONE...people actually complained that there was too much 49'er/CHI durring the broadcast. It's not for everone. It's just for those who play ff.

I know some people that are not big into FF but love the constant action, seeing some of every game, and not being stuck watching some crappy game during the day. I tend to ignore FF while watcing NFL on Sundays, may check scores a couple times but since I'm not live I have to be careful what I look at so I don't see game results.

To get back on track with Kaep benching.... Was reading this article where Kelly explains why. It seems odd he'd bench Kaep hoping to get a spark in the passing game when he wasn't calling many passing plays (just 10 in 3 quarters with Kaep then 11 in a single quarter of Gabbert). Said he wasn't happy with all the sacks, and must have felt that Kaep was holding the ball too long or other mistakes.

http://deadspin.com/chip-kelly-explains-why-he-benched-colin-kaepernick-1789683187

Edited by stevegrab
  • Like 2

that's a lot of watching.

some of us can't afford cable, so we don't have NFLN, espn, or redzone. If it's not broadcast, I can't watch it.

even if i had the money, I don't see my kids or wife giving me 10-15 hours a week for football.

people like me annoy ESPN... ha ha

I hear you..I really do. It's just hard to take opinions from those that haven't seen it. You as well as I have to see that opinions are based on what was witnessed and what was heard...Right?

• Like 1

Cable can be expensive for sure, guess I just figured most people have that, even some that don't have a lot of money..

I am single, no wife no kids, no pets and other than church and my motorcycle riding no outside interests that limit my ability to watch NFL all day on Sunday. (Not a college fan or I could probably watch that all day Saturday too.) I also watch lots of TV (including sports) on DVR so I may only spend 1.5-2 hour on an NFL game not 3+ . Sundays I may not start on NFL until 3 or later, take a break before I start SNF and then by the end of that game I'm all caught up (and a bit burned out).

I know some people that are not big into FF but love the constant action, seeing some of every game, and not being stuck watching some crappy game during the day. I tend to ignore FF while watcing NFL on Sundays, may check scores a couple times but since I'm not live I have to be careful what I look at so I don't see game results.

To get back on track with Kaep benching.... Was reading this article where Kelly explains why. It seems odd he'd bench Kaep hoping to get a spark in the passing game when he wasn't calling many passing plays (just 10 in 3 quarters with Kaep then 11 in a single quarter of Gabbert). Said he wasn't happy with all the sacks, and must have felt that Kaep was holding the ball too long or other mistakes.

http://deadspin.com/chip-kelly-explains-why-he-benched-colin-kaepernick-1789683187

Steve nothing personal..truly ..It may seem that way I'm sure. If you didn't witness it, it get's tough to buy in. As far as Kaep...We all knew what that was. REACHING. It didn't happen and no one is surprised. Just dissapointed. All that's left is the finger pointing.

• Like 2

Said he wasn't happy with all the sacks, and must have felt that Kaep was holding the ball too long or other mistakes.

Krap's attempts at passing on Sunday were pathetic. Besides the fact that it was obvious he didn't give 2 tacos about playing, he was missing targets by miles. I understand why Kelly didn't call any pass plays, he knew Krap wasn't capable of hitting his target and then made no attempt to get out of the pocket to avoid a sack. He should have dumped off to Hyde a few times to get going but he couldn't do that either.

All the blame can't fall on him, but he probably should have been benched earlier.

So...do you even watch NFL games? Just wondering. I have redzone so I do not miss much also many games are broadcast on local tv annnnd theres espn in case you miss this or that plus NFL network will update everything with video...do you watch the NFL or just listen to those who do?

I would argue if your NFL experience is encompassed by watching the redzone channel that you are not watching NFL games, in no way or fashion do the scoring plays define everything that happens in the game. IMO the redzone is for people who do not have the attention span to actually watch a game.

• Like 1

I would argue if your NFL experience is encompassed by watching the redzone channel that you are not watching NFL games, in no way or fashion do the scoring plays define everything that happens in the game. IMO the redzone is for people who do not have the attention span to actually watch a game.

Have you watched RedZone lately? You do not say in this post. Its almost the whole game these days. All that's missing are all the flags comercials and timeouts. Plus I get to watch all the games played. Sunday Ticket does not have that. You have to watch one game at a time. To each his own. :brew:

• Like 2

Kaepernick might be facing his future team this Sunday. Not many teams will want him because of his baggage. San Francisco and New York are two cities that have fan bases more tolerant to his political beliefs.

yup, Jets fans are really tolerant...kind of like Eagle fans

:unsure:

• Like 1

Have you watched RedZone lately? You do not say in this post. Its almost the whole game these days. All that's missing are all the flags comercials and timeouts. Plus I get to watch all the games played. Sunday Ticket does not have that. You have to watch one game at a time. To each his own. :brew:

How can one program covering 9-10 games (1PM eastern time slot) cover almost the whole game? I cannot see how they could even show 50% of the snaps in every game.

they probably don't show every snap.

If you remove every snap where a Broncos RB just runs into the line and gets two yards, you'd save about half the game time.

They do what's called a "game rewind" on every team driving that shows what happend. So you truly do not miss much if anything.

Try it and find out what it's like. I will admit it's not for everyone, but most I have run into and ask about it say it's a way better way to watch all the action.

:rofl:

Have you ever watched RZ? You think all they show is scoring plays don't you?

:lol:

LOL ... the RedZone exists so you can "Catch every touchdown from every game Sunday afternoons with NFL RedZone from NFL Network". Quote taken directly from their website.

Even if they show other plays I still maintain the RedZone is for people who don't have the attention span to watch a football game. People that watch the RedZone want to see highlights and likely are only concerned about which players scored how many fantasy points.

I used to play that game. Now when I turn on a football game I ignore fantasy football and stat lines and watch the game.

• Like 1

LOL ... the RedZone exists so you can "Catch every touchdown from every game Sunday afternoons with NFL RedZone from NFL Network". Quote taken directly from their website.

Even if they show other plays I still maintain the RedZone is for people who don't have the attention span to watch a football game. People that watch the RedZone want to see highlights and likely are only concerned about which players scored how many fantasy points.

I used to play that game. Now when I turn on a football game I ignore fantasy football and stat lines and watch the game.

There's only one team in the league I care to watch for a whole game, unless it's a matchup of good teams.

I love the RZ channel. Its also the best way to watch on Sundays with a group of friends that play ff together.

• Like 3

Another way to say it ... ESPN has created an audience that only wants to consume the game highlights. The NFL RedZone is catering to that new mentality.

Notice I did say in my post it's not for EVERYONE.....? LOL

• Like 1

So the real question is...anyone have the balls to start him this week?

I'm starting him over Flacco. I can't figure those two out. I keep missing the mark. Ironically, their best games were against the same team. I should've caught that. I need a high ceiling this week playing the #1 seed. My only concern is Kaep getting pulled for crappy play. I wouldn't have to worry about Flacco getting pulled.

Edited by Shaft