[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Olsen

SpinalTapp

Over the past six weeks, Greg has averaged 3.6 receptions and 33 yards receiving. His best receiving game over this stretch was 52 yards. He only has one touchdown over this same stretch.

Obviously, the Panthers are struggling and so is Greg. Over the past six weeks, Olsen has turned in nothing but below average performances - and I see no reason to believe this will change. The one key trend I see is his lowered targets. When Greg was putting up huge numbers early in the season - he was receiving 10-13 targets per game. Now he is getting fewer than eight targets per game. What the hell happened? Are teams game planning him out of games? I do not get to watch Panther's football games. Perhaps it is time to reach for another TE.

Edited by SpinalTapp

I was looking at this last night during the game. It seems to have coincided with the teams bye week. Like when they came back he just dropped off. I was thinking that it was linked to the performance of Ted Ginn Jr. but he really only started playing well afew weeks ago. I'm not sure what the cause is, but im hoping to get L. Green off the ww for the playoffs because I simply don't trust Olsen anymore.

Before the bye, Ginn averaged 2.3 catches, 32 yards and had zero touchdowns. After the bye, Olsen has averaged 3.6 catches, 35 yards, and zero touchdowns.

Before the bye, Olsen was averaging 6.5 catches, 101 yards, and had two touchdowns. Since the bye, Ginn has averaged 4.5 catches, nearly 70 yards including rush yards, and has three receiving touchdowns.

Mirror images....

The Panthers - or Cam himself - have decided to abandon Olsen and find Ginn. Or perhaps teams have game planned Olsen out of the games. No matter how you look at it - Ginn is the guy to play right now. Olsen should really be benched it you have another TE1 option.

It's because of Cam and CAR d. The defense isn't limiting opposing offenses and lack of turnovers compared to last year aren't allowing them to maintain time of possession which in turn limits the number of passes/rushing attempts for CAR's offense. On top of that Cam, hasn't been making the most of his lowered pass attempts having had his completion percentages fall into the 40s the past 3 weeks compared to the 60s in his career and beginning of 2016.

That said, I will be starting Green over Olsen this week.