[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs - Raiders Thursday Night Game Thread

Chief Dick

This game is exactly why I'm glad I have a first round bye. Having to start Carr on a short week on the road vs. tough division opponent... and now you tell me the weather might be really cold? Uh, no thanks. I want no piece of Oakland in that game. Justin Houston looks other worldly right now, and the Chiefs really have to win this if they want a realistic chance to win the division.

Pretty much a worthless fantasy game tonight except Murray, Hill and the KC D/ST.

Does Murray look slow?

Not sure about the KC field surface if it has heating underneath to keep it from freezing. But I recall on that kind of cold frozen surface that runners don't plant and cut as hard, and use more jump stepping. He looked like he was hunting for a hole, hoping to get some decent openings and then blast through them. Eventually he did find some space, especially after Derrick Johnson went down.

After the early part of the game I was glad to see Murray getting a TD and 100 yards so 16 points for my team. Was afraid I'd get like 4-5 on yardage only.

Pretty wild game, when KC got up 21-3 thought it was over, especially with KC getting the ball to start 2nd half. Then those 2 turnovers, but again the KC defense held and Del Rio gambled once passing on a FG. 3 turnovers deep in your opponents territory and you can only get 6 points, that was the killer for the Raiders.

I am an Eagles fan... I had Reid for a long long time.

Yes Reid is such a horrible coach, his teams hardly ever win games, not sure he's held a job for even 6 months. (Wait what's that, the facts show he's got an average 10-6 records over 18 seaons, only 3 times under .500) :crazy:

WTF are you guys bitching about? Try being a Browns fan with our revolving door of crappy coaches and 2 winning seasons in 17 years.

• Like 3

Yes Reid is such a horrible coach, his teams hardly ever win games, not sure he's held a job for even 6 months. (Wait what's that, the facts show he's got an average 10-6 records over 18 seaons, only 3 times under .500) :crazy:

WTF are you guys bitching about? Try being a Browns fan with our revolving door of crappy coaches and 2 winning seasons in 17 years.

They're complaining about their fantasy players, but misdirecting their emotions to the coach. :lol:

They're complaining about their fantasy players, but misdirecting their emotions to the coach. :lol:

I think Reid is vastly overrated. Having a team that is ranked in the bottom half of both Offense and Defense, just tells me if they do make the playoffs they'll struggle against quality teams and most likely leave early again. Its really hard to count on turnovers and kick/punt returns to carry your team.

Cooper looks drunk out there and obviously can't play in the cold. That play was costly for many people's fantasy teams, mine included ha.

It's okay though, my opponents trio of David Johnson, Gordon and Evans will only combine for about 90 this weekend anyways. It wouldn't have mattered lol.

This play will definitely cost me... had to take a look at it again this morning thought something was off.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/did-this-derek-carr-pass-hit-a-spidercam-wire-and-cost-the-raiders-a-touchdown.html

Cooper looks drunk out there and obviously can't play in the cold. That play was costly for many people's fantasy teams, mine included ha.

Did you hear that pass hit the camera wire and that's why it changed direction? I heard that on a radio show this morning.

Maybe it's not completely Cooper's fault

I think Reid is vastly overrated. Having a team that is ranked in the bottom half of both Offense and Defense, just tells me if they do make the playoffs they'll struggle against quality teams and most likely leave early again. Its really hard to count on turnovers and kick/punt returns to carry your team.

I wouldn't call him overrated. Is he one of the best in the game right now? That's debatable. But, when it's all said and done, unless he wins a SB, he'll be remembered as one of the best NFL coaches to never win the big game. Five straight NFC title games doesn't happen by accident.

Also, I agree that it's hard to rely on special teams plays and turnovers to win games, but I'm not so sure the Chiefs have to do that. If anything, they need to avoid turning it over themselves. Something, coincidentally, they failed to do last night (they were minus 3 in turnovers), but they still won the game (in large part to their defense forcing 8 punts). Of course, Carr was absolutely terrible.... Not sure how much of that was Carr versus how much was KC's defense, the weather, etc.

• Like 1

His pinky is still hurt.

He hasn't take a snap from center since hurting his pinky against HOU. I bet the cold, the hit from Justin Houston, and having to catch the ball snapped from center in shotgun definitely wasn't helping. Of course, one "off" direct snap from center and things would be worse.