[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs - Raiders Thursday Night Game Thread

Chief Dick

It's supposed to be in the mid-20's, light wind. Thats football weather :shrug: Now, if it was low-10's or single-digits, thats something else.

If either of these teams claim that weather was a factor, they deserve to lose....and not be playing in January.

We have the same weather as Kansas City in Indiana. It's just about identicle. I really don't think weather will be a factor. Thirty degrees here feels like 50 degrees to people in California. You get used to it, and just wear an extra layer. I guess it's all relative. There's no moisture in the air right now or tomorrow, so it doesn't chill to the bone like it does in Oakland.

wait, how not close? If OAK wins two, KC wins three, and DEN wins four, wouldn't they be in a three-way tie for first?

I like this scenario:

Week 14: KC beats Oak, Den beats Ten, NE beats Bal

Week 15: KC beats Ten, Den beats NE, Oak beats SD

Week 16: Den beats KC, Oak beats Ind, NE beats NYJ

Week 17: Den beats Oak, SD beats KC, Mia beats NE

As a result Denver, NE, and Oakland all finish 12-4. Denver wins the tiebreaker over Oakland based on best win percentage in common games, and wins the tiebreaker over NE based on head-to-head.

Result: Denver = #1 AFC Seed

• Like 1

Guys, Marcus Peters is not a shutdown corner. He is a stud but he takes a TON of chances. Maybe CD can correct me here, but as a Peters owner I've watched him quite a bit and love his fantasy production but I wouldn't classify him as a shutdown guy quite yet.

• Like 1

wait, how not close? If OAK wins two, KC wins three, and DEN wins four, wouldn't they be in a three-way tie for first?

Your prior post didn't specificallysay OAK only winning two games, though it was implied (since DEN plays OAK and you said they win out). I didn't know they played again, yes under those conditions DEN-OAK-KC are tied at 12-4

But I'm afraid to say DEN does not win the division, KC would get that. DEN & OAK would be wild cards (OAK-5 seed) At least accoridng to the ESPN playoff machine below (KC over OAK today, DEN goes 4-0 [wins over KC & DEN). I went with winning% to determine game winners.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/factor/wins/results/400874694~1~400874428~1~400874585~2~400874711~1

I like this scenario:

Week 14: KC beats Oak, Den beats Ten, NE beats Bal

Week 15: KC beats Ten, Den beats NE, Oak beats SD

Week 16: Den beats KC, Oak beats Ind, NE beats NYJ

Week 17: Den beats Oak, SD beats KC, Mia beats NE

As a result Denver, NE, and Oakland all finish 12-4. Denver wins the tiebreaker over Oakland based on best win percentage in common games, and wins the tiebreaker over NE based on head-to-head.

Result: Denver = #1 AFC Seed

That would be interesting, would suck for KC missing out on playoffs at 11-5. (I know no love lost by other AFC west teams.)

I'm a Raiders fan, and Carr owner....but this matchup and the fact it's on TNF scares me. And the weather forecast just ices it, I'm benching him for Rivers.

I'm facing the same decision. I've already benched Smith for Luck in another league, even with a seemingly tougher matchup.

I have Rivers penciled in but am tempted to play Carr. I will likely not give in to the temptation. :unsure:

It's gonna be cold as balls out there, gonna be loud - especially on big 3rd downs - and that Chief pass rush can be brutal. Should be a great game.

Edited by darin3

Guys, Marcus Peters is not a shutdown corner. He is a stud but he takes a TON of chances. Maybe CD can correct me here, but as a Peters owner I've watched him quite a bit and love his fantasy production but I wouldn't classify him as a shutdown guy quite yet.

I would say early in the season teams would throw on Peters still. This has really stopped over the last 6 games or so.

So my guess isn't that he his necessarily shutting guys down, but that he is such a ballhawk that they are afraid of the turnover.

• Like 1

I'm facing the same decision. I've already benched Smith for Luck in another league, even with a seemingly tougher matchup.

I have Rivers penciled in but am tempted to play Carr. I will likely not give in to the temptation. :unsure:

It's gonna be cold as balls out there, gonna be loud - especially on big 3rd downs - and that Chief pass rush can be brutal. Should be a great game.

Yeah, Rivers v Carr is a tough one. The Chiefs, for whatever reason, have been pretty good against Carr. They have 5 picks against him in 4 career starts. They have also sacked him 17 times in 5 career starts, which is 5 more than Denver has in the same number of starts against the Broncos.

Our D coordinator has just done well against Carr historically.

Couple that with the cold - and it is bitter here, folks, with a light breeze....I almost go with Rivers.

But of course he will probably light it up now. :lol: