[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Must Own Handcuffs Heading Into Playoff Weeks

kdko

People with teams heading into the playoffs could completely have their hopes dashed if one of their stud RB's goes down with an injury in the next few weeks. How much importance do you guys place in owning your handcuffs as opposed to owning players just to block opposing teams? I hope i'm not angering the fantasy gods, but I think some of these guys are must have for their owners:

Alfred Morris

DeAngelo Williams (if he returns to practice)

Mike Gillislee

Andre Ellington

Tevin Coleman

I think these are the only one's who could come in and make an impact, or am I missing someone? Kenneth Farrow and Derrick Henry are also interesting, but I have less confidence in those two.

Edited by kdko

Charcandrick West would be #5 on that list for me.

Is KC really doing enough with their run game to make him that valuable of a replacement? Ware hasn't been doing too much lately and it hasn't even been a timeshare. Plus, they run a lot of gimmick run plays it seems.

andre ellington wouldnt produce a quarter of what Dj would hes worhtlesss

henry would be very impactful especially wiht murrays toe

not sure what youre talking about to have less confidence in henry than ellington

I disagree with you on all those points. I don't really like the Titans offense, and Henry is a better short yardage back IMO, not as complete as Murray. Ellington is in a better situation, would be filling a bigger void, and has proven he's a good catching back as well.

Is KC really doing enough with their run game to make him that valuable of a replacement? Ware hasn't been doing too much lately and it hasn't even been a timeshare. Plus, they run a lot of gimmick run plays it seems.

They finish the fantasy season with three straight home games, and getting Maclin back may actually help the run game more than you think because it's one more player that defenses will have to game plan against. Plus, KC would be less likely to fall to a committee if Ware should go down, meaning West has some safer value as a backup compared to other situations. I did put him 6th, so he doesn't displace anyone on your list.

Need to add Tevin Coleman to that list.

Agreed, that guy eats even with Freeman leading in touches. A situation without Freeman in the picture would be huge. The problem is that he's owned in most leagues unlike the others.

Agreed, that guy eats even with Freeman leading in touches. A situation without Freeman in the picture would be huge. The problem is that he's owned in most leagues unlike the others.

I've got Coleman and Gillislee but don't have either of the starters, drafted Coleman and started him several times. West is probably rostered but don't think the others are. Its uncommon for our owners to add these guys unless you do it before the final week (13) starts. Any players added after that cost more ($5 instead of $2) and are not elligible to be kept. You certainly don't see people adding guys to block another team. Guys who are rostered are usually ones who have some current value even if the starter is playing and maybe some upside to take over as the season goes on, or for next year.

This phrase has to stop. :( So bad.

This guy 'gets his'? :thinking:

Big John, that me laugh pretty damn hard.

I've got Coleman and Gillislee but don't have either of the starters, drafted Coleman and started him several times. West is probably rostered but don't think the others are. Its uncommon for our owners to add these guys unless you do it before the final week (13) starts. Any players added after that cost more ($5 instead of $2) and are not elligible to be kept. You certainly don't see people adding guys to block another team. Guys who are rostered are usually ones who have some current value even if the starter is playing and maybe some upside to take over as the season goes on, or for next year.

I guess what I mean by blocking others is picking up another position player that might emerge (L. Green, Watkins a few weeks ago, etc.), that could possibly go off on you, rather than securing the handcuff to your RB. I don't play auction so I guess if that's what you meant to begin with I could see that impacting it more.

Edited by kdko

I guess what I mean by blocking others is picking up another position player that might emerge (L. Green, Watkins a few weeks ago, etc.), that could possibly go off on you, rather than securing the handcuff to your RB. I don't play auction so I guess if that's what you meant to begin with I could see that impacting it more.

Not an auction for FAs simple waivers based on records, but we have fees to add players so most owners are spending money to block somebody else. We'll sign players that can help our teams, now or in the future. Not because he might go off for somebody else, and we have rather deep benches too.

Not an auction for FAs simple waivers based on records, but we have fees to add players so most owners are spending money to block somebody else. We'll sign players that can help our teams, now or in the future. Not because he might go off for somebody else, and we have rather deep benches too.

Ahhhh, gotcha. I think I might try to implement something in my league like that next year, since there are teams that have like 30+ transactions out there, haha. Granted, we only have 5 bench spots so bye weeks are extremely painful if you didn't draft right.

To answer your question, a lot of importance. I believe in having handcuffs to certain players. Someone offered Zeke early in the season when Gordon was going off. I accepted and traded Gillislee to the McCoy owner for Morris. I'd rather have Morris if Zeke were to go down than Gillislee if McCoy were to go down. I was able to trade Gurley and Hopkins for Freeman and picked up Coleman when someone in my league dropped him (I think they thought he was done when he was going through his injuries...Idk tbh, but I got lucky). I traded for D. Murray and gave Howard and Cooper away. This is when I was getting concerned if Howard was going to emerge as the lead back. It turned out to be a fairly even trade/me maybe losing. But to me, it wasn't worth it if I wasn't able to trade for Henry, which I did for Blue and Montgomery to the Miller owner.

I agree with your list, but to me Henry belongs in it. Like I said before, would never have thought about doing that trade for Murray if I thought I couldn't get Henry.

Also Hightower has proven that he can be a RB2 with upside if Ingram were not to play. If I were a Forte owner, I'd certainly want Powell.

Edit: If they're not on your list + Henry, Hightower, and Powell, I don't believe it's worth it to have them as handcuffs.

Edited by oG1KeNoBi