[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RGIII to start, but does anyone care?

ImNotSoIgnorant

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000753475/article/browns-to-start-robert-griffin-iii-vs-bengals

NFL Network's Michael Silver reported Thursday that the team will start Robert Griffin III under center against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, per a team source. The team later announced the decision to go with RGIII.

I'm sort of glad since I'd like to see him do well, see the Browns come back next season with him as a good starting QB since they seem to be? building their offense. Maybe he'll have an O-line that will actually try to block for him next year. Though he's had a lot of attitude issues(lack of decent leadership, possibly negative leadership)?

I only care a little but probably still won't watch the game, at least not live.

If he'd stop trying to run over tacklers he might finish the game. And the Browns need to see what he can do, if there is any chance he can be a franchise QB (hard to tell with a depleted OL and few good offensive weapons).

Wonder if it helps Crowell at all, he's one of my options at RB2.

I used to root against RGIII but now I want him to do well. The more QB's the better...If he wasn't made of glass he might have a slight chance to be an adequate game manager and rusher. Alas he is made of glass and there is no surprise when he goes out in the 1st half with an injury. For every RGIII there is an Alex Smith who almost all who watch his performance wonder how the hell he wins. For Football that's great. For FF it really makes you scratch your head...Limiting mistakes is not points conducive? Who knew?

There's talk in the local media that RG3 is very upbeat, the most positive guy in the locker room. Understandable since he hasn't been on the field in 3 months getting his ass pounded every week and losing 12 straight games. He says he's happy to get a chance to play, not worried about playing behind a depleted line, its not all their fault......

I hope it goes well, cannot really get worse.

• Like 1

There's talk in the local media that RG3 is very upbeat, the most positive guy in the locker room. Understandable since he hasn't been on the field in 3 months getting his ass pounded every week and losing 12 straight games. He says he's happy to get a chance to play, not worried about playing behind a depleted line, its not all their fault......

I hope it goes well, cannot really get worse.

He has 7.5 million reasons to be on his best behavior.

Best behavior? You mean like playing to not get hurt? Probably not easy for a guy like him, and he's admitted as much. His salary for next year is big, and there;s a large ($1.75M) signing bonus, so the decision will be made very early on if he is returning as part of the future plans. If he as fragile as people think, he'll have a hard time convincing them to keep him.

I was watching NFLN A Football Life Steve Young episode the other night, and he was talking about how he struggled to try and change his game as he was starting more and the team was relying on him. More pure pocket passer less take off and run. He mentioned playing for Syd Gillman when he was with the LA Galaxy of the USFL and how Syd wanted to tie his feet together to stop him from taking off running every play.

Edited by stevegrab

I don't think it's all about that. He's got to show he can make it through 1/2 a game if not a whole game without collapsing like a Jenga tower if someone grazes his knee. While exemplifying a QB who shuns the comfy coziness of an air cast and a cart ride all the way to his couch.

• Like 2