[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doesn't it just feel...

jkraft896

I can see it, maybe. Giants getting hot at the right time. Had they not just lost JPP I would be even more on board.

I think the Packers are getting hot at the right time too. Seattle looks lost on defense without Earl Thomas. Probably one of the most underrated defenders in the game right now.

And come on, Dallas just lost its 2nd game of the season and still has the best OL in football (although you could argue Oakland's is right up there). The guys in the trenches win ballgames at this point in the season.

But yeah, I'll say that Giants D is looking tough even without JPP, and Paul Perkins is turning into a weapon. If any of those secondary pass-catchers, be it a TE or WR, step up to alleviate some of the pressure put on OBJ, they could make a run.

I think it comes down to Green Bay, Dallas, maybe Seattle if the Terrell kid can get up to speed quickly.

AFC-wise I would be looking at Pittsburgh to push through. Their offense is insane and they have enough playmakers on their bend-but-don't-break D to matter in December/January.

I'll say it's PIT/GBP.

Edited by darin3

I can see it, maybe. Giants getting hot at the right time. Had they not just lost JPP I would be even more on board.

I think the Packers are getting hot at the right time too. Seattle looks lost on defense without Earl Thomas. Probably one of the most underrated defenders in the game right now.

And come on, Dallas just lost its 2nd game of the season and still has the best OL in football (although you could argue Oakland's is right up there). The guys in the trenches win ballgames at this point in the season.

But yeah, I'll say that Giants D is looking tough even without JPP, and Paul Perkins is turning into a weapon. If any of those secondary pass-catchers, be it a TE or WR, step up to alleviate some of the pressure put on OBJ, they could make a run.

I think it comes down to Green Bay, Dallas, maybe Seattle if the Terrell kid can get up to speed quickly.

AFC-wise I would be looking at Pittsburgh to push through. Their offense is insane and they have enough playmakers on their bend-but-don't-break D to matter in December/January.

I'll say it's PIT/GBP.

Dark horse as of today - Tampa Bay .

Their def is playing alot better

Dark horse as of today - Tampa Bay .

Their def is playing alot better

True on the defense, but that horse is a little too dark. :unsure:

I don't see them getting by Green Bay, Seattle (yes I realize they just beat them) or Dallas.

Beating New Orleans (when the Saints seriously just handed it to you) is one thing. Beating one of the above is a whole 'nother story.

I see where you're goin' but I don't see how it gets there.

True on the defense, but that horse is a little too dark. :unsure:

I don't see them getting by Green Bay, Seattle (yes I realize they just beat them) or Dallas.

Beating New Orleans (when the Saints seriously just handed it to you) is one thing. Beating one of the above is a whole 'nother story.

I see where you're goin' but I don't see how it gets there.

Well, that's why they're a "darkhorse", anyone can pick 3 or 4 faves

;)

I mostly say this because I think both leagues are going to be pretty competitive and there aren't clear "favorites" in my mind not because I think the Giants are supremely better because they just beat the Cowboys. It just feels like one of those years where the Giants are pretty good and are flying under the radar a little more than some others in the NFC.

And lets be honest, if the Giants are in the Super Bowl, they have to play New England.

Is New England ever overrated?

No usually they deserve their hype 100% but I look at their schedule and I see a whole lot of "meh" teams.. 3 teams over .500 that they've played and lost 1 of those to seattle and barely beat a Ben-less steelers.. the other is the dolphins... escaped the jets game by a hair, I'm just not impressed and don't feel they are a superbowl team this year.

No usually they deserve their hype 100% but I look at their schedule and I see a whole lot of "meh" teams.. 3 teams over .500 that they've played and lost 1 of those to seattle and barely beat a Ben-less steelers.. the other is the dolphins... escaped the jets game by a hair, I'm just not impressed and don't feel they are a superbowl team this year.

Fair enough. But who is? Denver? No. KC? No. OAK? Not without a defense. PIT is inconsistent as hell, but I'd give them the best chance, outside of NE.

I like the chances of there being a rematch this year (and by rematch, I'm thinking recent... teams that played in the SB within the past decade or so)....

NE vs SEA

NE vs NYG

PIT vs SEA

PIT vs GB

There are others, but they're either going further back in time, or more of a long shot, in my opinion.

I like the chances of there being a rematch this year (and by rematch, I'm thinking recent... teams that played in the SB within the past decade or so)....

NE vs SEA

NE vs NYG

PIT vs SEA

PIT vs GB

There are others, but they're either going further back in time, or more of a long shot, in my opinion.

20 years late but Steelers/Dallas would be cool