[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver's Defense

The 13ers

I've been going with Denver all year. No matter who they played.

Now I'm starting to re-think that position since I've been devastated by injuries to my best players these past few weeks (AJ and Melvin).

I figure I may need to swing for the fences at a couple positions and one of them is team defense.

In my league, your defense can score as much as any other player (or more) given the right circumstances. So, it's no afterthought.

That said, what do you think about GB def vs. Chicago, Oakland Def vs SD or Miami defense vs NYJ instead of Denver?

I'm usually a 'go with what got you there' kind of person, but I'm going to have to swing for some fences given the state of my team. And considering it's New England's offense. Although I see Denver owned them pretty much last January.

Advice?

I don't think any of those matchups warrant deviating from Denver's D. If you had Buffalo's or the Seahawks or the Falcons, then I'd be up for benching Denver's defense. GB will beat Chicago, but their O isn't horrific and GBs' D isn't lights out. Oakland vs SD will probably be a shootout, and Miami might be rocked by losing Tannehill, and Moore might hurt Miami's D's chances.

I would start Miami D I expect Jets to score BUT there QB will throw picks and will get sacked. Maybe an int for a TD I could see that happening very easily in that game.

Denver may also get a Brady int but he is Brady and will score and Brady will not throw as many int.

I'd start Miami defense here.