[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Todd Gurley this week vs 49ers?

robert terni

No, "Must Start" is a bunch of hyperbole. But depending on your options he should be a consideration.

Have Tate and gore that I can start over him....it is PPR..but gurleys matchup is sooo enticing...Apparently all rbs that face the 49ers are averaging 25-30 pts per game..thats nuts

Edited by robert terni

Not surprisingly, in all of the leagues where I own Gurley (3?), I've been eliminated. In large part, probably, due to the fact that I drafted him early. :lol:

Their offense is terrible. I'm not sure anybody on that team is a "must start" under ANY circumstances (other than maybe Ogletree in IDP).

In a 3rd place matchup, I'm leaning towards benching him for Ware and Kelley. But, the thought did at least cross my mind.

He surely didn't live up to the hype of the top RB but I bet most would be surprised to find out he's only an avg of 2.1 PPG from being a top 10 RB this year.

meh..So are Riddick, Powell , West. The difference is Gurley was a first rder and these guys we late rders/fa pickups.

Alot more was expected of Gurley than what we got

I am starting him this week and I think he at the least has best week of his season ( not saying much ) .floor :

90 yards at least

1 TD at least

2-4 receptions

:thinking:

I would have said that was his ceiling.

I bet most would be surprised to find out he's only an avg of 2.1 PPG from being a top 10 RB this year.

Not really saying much, since most of the league employs RBBC. He's barely better than some guys who only play on 3rd down. I think most expected him to be materially better than Bilal Powell and Rashad Jennings. He's closer to Yeldon than Elliot, stat-wise.

He might be the bust of the year.

I mean his week 1 against them was an impressive 47 rush yards and -5 receiving yards. Granted it was week 1, I don't think with Gurley and the Rams offense anything is a given.

He hasn't had a 100 yard game yet this year, has 5 tds (2 game in week 3, only 2 since week 8).

But SF defense is dead last in several rushing categories (att, yards, TD, yard/att) and the experts at the sites I use think he is a good-great start this week (top 10 at least).

He hasn't had a 100 yard game yet this year, has 5 tds (2 game in week 3, only 2 since week 8).

But SF defense is dead last in several rushing categories (att, yards, TD, yard/att) and the experts at the sites I use think he is a good-great start this week (top 10 at least).

Trust me I'm a 49er fan and I know how terrible the defense. And just looking purely at matchup, I would expect at least 100 total yards and a td at min., but the way the Rams Offense has played there is no guarantee of anything. I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers just put 8 men in the box and dare them to pass against them.

So you'll listen to "experts" online but won't trust radio versions?

:woot:

• Like 1

So you'll listen to "experts" online but won't trust radio versions?

:woot:

Well one of those experts is DMD (has Gurley as #1 RB this week) so yes, I trust him (the other is another free FF site, Gurley was 8-9).

I don't listen to sports talk radio at all, because so much of it is rumor and controversy to drive ratings. So I tend to disregard all of it. Not sure why that bothers you so much, are you a sports radio personality?

Edited by stevegrab

Well one of those experts is DMD (has Gurley as #1 RB this week) so yes, I trust him (the other is another free FF site, Gurley was 8-9).

I don't listen to sports talk radio at all, because so much of it is rumor and controversy to drive ratings. So I tend to disregard all of it. Not sure why that bothers you so much, are you a sports radio personality?

THE #1 RB THIS WEEK?!?!?! TODD GURLEY?!?!?!

:huh:

:lol: C'mon man.... the :woot: graemlin has pretty much signified "good old fashioned ribbing" here for quite some time now.

Maybe the radio I listen to is less rumor-based/controversial than others. :shrug: Went over this in the other thread.

Do I really need to put "I'M JUST GIVING YOU CRAP" in big bold letters every time I'm trying to break bread with you?

And I will leave your last question unanswered as to not go "all aces" on you. :unsure: You can Google.

:lol: C'mon man.... the :woot: graemlin has pretty much signified "good old fashioned ribbing" here for quite some time now.

Maybe the radio I listen to is less rumor-based/controversial than others. :shrug: Went over this in the other thread.

Do I really need to put "I'M JUST GIVING YOU CRAP" in big bold letters every time I'm trying to break bread with you?

And I will leave your last question unanswered as to not go "all aces" on you. :unsure: You can Google.

Fair enough, saw the other post, thought I recall you working for the Huddle and therefore part of the industry, and you do seem to accept more of what the radio guys say, which is still mostly just rumor (their educated opinion based on what they hear).

I'm just careful about what sources I trust, opinion on a fantasy player's ability I'll trust DMD and his staff after years of following the site. Some guy on the radio I've never heard of, far less likely. (I get that these guys are professionals but you cannot ignore that they generate a lot of stories/headlines without much fact in an attempt to get listeners interested).

I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if the Rams sign Gruden, I'd rather do that than believe every thing I hear (most of which does not pan out).

I'd bet he finishes in the top-5 this week.

Hoping you didn't cost some teams a FF championship. Between this bonehead call and the debacle that was the Elliott thread, you should take a bye week and get your head together.

Good news is that you and Irish seem to be hitting it off, so you'll have some good company in the doghouse. :tup: