[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Check in for 2016 League Winners

pegos

This thread is only for fantasy team owners who have 3 teams or less. Of course if you have 5 or more leagues you're going to be in the championship game and very likely winning some. Nobody cares about that.

Check in here for your kudos.

Edited by pegos

I won my second straight championship in the one and only League I've ever played in. 12 man, standard, big money league with my old buddies from HS. Went my first 7 years without wining it and now back to back! Here's my championship lineup:

Brees

Evans

Dez

Belle

Ware

Olsen

Montgomery

Tucker

Chargers D (used Denver for most of the season)

This thread is only for fantasy team owners who have 5 teams or more. Of course if you have 3 or less leagues you're limiting your chances to be in the championship game and very likely not winning any. Nobody cares about that.

Check in here for your kudos.

Fixed ;) Edited by buddahj
  • Like 2

Won my 10 mam league (only league I played in) for the 3rd time in 4 years. Was though at the start with so many injuries or underperformers (Ingram, Baldwin, Hill, Decker, Watkins, Foster, etc). For the championship game I only had 2 players I drafted started in Julio Jones and DeMarco Murray so thankfully I picked the right players of waivers! My mvp this week was Matt Bryant and his 19 points at the kicker position. Ironically ingram and Baldwin had big games for the championship but we're on my bench lol. Thankfully my other players scored enough to win. I might need to try more leagues next year to get more of a challenge

Edited by nyjets18

Anismith this thread is SPECIFICALLY not for you. You had 30 teams for Christ's sake!

I had 17 and so I won more than would be expected---1 would be chance and 3 is what I got--and I more than doubled my money since the leagues I won were the bigger money leagues I cared about and lost in the crappier leagues I didn't.

As a side note, I cannot believe the badness of your team in a 10 man league. You won with that garbage? I had a better team than that in one of my 18 team leagues. If you want to be chest out about it, you should not be able to post here if you play in free leagues full of newbs either.

Since someone else listed stats on their teams that made the playoffs I'll add that as well: I made the playoffs in 12 of 17 leagues (70%), in leagues where only 25% of teams made the playoffs on average.

Edited by anismith

Since buddahj fixed this thread and Gopher seconded the motion I'm gonna go ahead and post here instead of starting a new one.

I was in 24 leagues this year, I made the playoffs in 15 (63%), made the championship round in 6 of those (40% of playoff teams) and have 4 championships locked up, a 5th possible.

2 teams really stand out to me. The first one I ended up 13-1 with being the highest scoring team 9 out of 14 weeks. I averaged 120 points per game and put up 146 points in the final.

The second team was the exact opposite. I was 7 and 7 and snuck into the playoffs in 4th place. The 5th place team had the same record but I had 1.18 more points over the season. Closest margin I've ever seen. I beat the 13-1 first place team in round one and pulled out another win this week.

Edited by Apothus

Won the only league im in for the 2nd year in a row (local 10 team standard scoring leaguescoThis year was way more satisfying because last year i went wr/wr and dominated easily with Brown & Julio. This year i basically performed waiver wire surgery all year and by the time it was over i only had 3 guys on my team that i actually drafted

I had 17 and so I won more than would be expected---1 would be chance and 3 is what I got--and I more than doubled my money since the leagues I won were the bigger money leagues I cared about and lost in the crappier leagues I didn't.

As a side note, I cannot believe the badness of your team in a 10 man league. You won with that garbage? I had a better team than that in one of my 18 team leagues. If you want to be chest out about it, you should not be able to post here if you play in free leagues full of newbs either.

Since someone else listed stats on their teams that made the playoffs I'll add that as well: I made the playoffs in 12 of 17 leagues (70%), in leagues where only 25% of teams made the playoffs on average.

17 teams lmfao, of course you won a few. This isn't a thread for people who live and breath fantasy like yourself.

My one and only league is with my old high school buddies, it's extremely competitive, and it's the second championship I've won. Considering I had the last pick in the draft, streamed qb's all season, and only have Bell left as an original draft selection, I'd say this year is a particularly impressive victory lmao. Now if I had 17 teams, and won, no big deal, that's law of averages, but i only had 1 team.

• Like 1

17 teams lmfao, of course you won a few. This isn't a thread for people who live and breath fantasy like yourself.

My one and only league is with my old high school buddies, it's extremely competitive, and it's the second championship I've won. Considering I had the last pick in the draft, streamed qb's all season, and only have Bell left as an original draft selection, I'd say this year is a particularly impressive victory lmao. Now if I had 17 teams, and won, no big deal, that's law of averages, but i only had 1 team.

You winning with your garbage team is why I play in 17 leagues because small sample sizes breed a lot of noise. The fact that someone wins with 7-2 offsuit going in pre-flop does not make them a good poker player.

My results are still significantly above chance if we are using "law of averages". I had way more teams make the playoffs and also win championships then I should have based on chance. Getting into the playoffs and having the best overall record regular season (which I did in 10 of the 17 leagues) is actually a better measure of your fantasy skill. This is also only my second year playing fantasy.

I had some bad luck in the playoffs... it happens.

Edited by anismith

You winning with your garbage team is why I play in 17 leagues because small sample sizes breed a lot of noise. The fact that someone wins with 7-2 offsuit going in pre-flop does not make them a good poker player.

My results are still significantly above chance if we are using "law of averages". I had way more teams make the playoffs and also win championships then I should have based on chance. Getting into the playoffs and having the best overall record regular season (which I did in 10 of the 17 leagues) is actually a better measure of your fantasy skill. This is also only my second year playing fantasy.

I had some bad luck in the playoffs... it happens.

You're simply hedging your own bets. Please quit sipping your own koolaid. Clearly you do not qualify to post in this thread. 17 leagues lol

You're simply hedging your own bets. Please quit sipping your own koolaid. Clearly you do not qualify to post in this thread. 17 leagues lol

If math and statistics is "my own koolaid"...

I made (net profit) a little under a grand and if Dez doesn't score 16 tonight I'll make even more. Feels like a win to me.

Edited by anismith

I won thanks to people around me letting me get

.5 ppr

1-7 D Johnson

2-14 L Bell

3-27 Mccoy

4-34 Cooks

8-74 Ryan

9-87 Ware

also have J Stewart and J Hill

its a 6 flex league so I went heavy running backs wnt 15-1 also ty no injuries always helps

Just won my main league final 177-166 in what was the greatest league final as well most high scoring ever. Big money which is great but the thrill of this game was incredible. And I can say that huddle and some huddles advice got me love the top ( starting clay over Ebron ) and my decision to pick up Meredith and start him was huge. So jacked up