[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beware Custom Leagues With Cheating Owners

schmidty169

I started the league Gridironkings 3 years ago (http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/984825). After the first year Ryan (Owner ryanthompson99) wiped my keepers, did offline draft

and gave me sub par team. I finished 2nd through expert waiver wire transfers. After 2nd year Ryan wiped my keepers and gave me below par team through offline draft. My

starting quarterback was Matt Cassel, who is a 2nd stringer. While Ryan had Aaron Rogers, Cam Newton, and Tony Romo? Again I used waiver wire. I beat him for the

championship. I had 132.9 points on Sunday night after the last game and Monday afternoon as I was checking for my 1st place trophy. I wake up this morning to 2nd place?

Ryan changed my line up last night so he could win. Ryan took Carson Wenz out of my line up and put in Dak Prescott who I knew wasn't going to play much as they clinched.

Ryan also removed Landon Collins to my bench also. Today I have 111.18? How sad a life do you have to have, to cheat at Fantasy football? So I sent a message to the league

and this was his response:

Rockstars

Ryan updated playoff teams

23 hours ago via League Manager

Rockstars

Rockstars

Rockstars

Congratulations to Gamecock for earning the 2016 Second Place in Gridironkings League.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google Plus

23 hours ago

Team Notes

You have been locked from posting.

You have been locked from emailing the league.

You have been locked from lineup changes.

You have been locked from adds/drops.

You have been locked from proposing trades.

You have been locked from accepting trades.

You have been locked from purchasing roster options.

Thank you for contacting NFL.com Customer Support.

League Managers have the ability to edit rules, rosters, scoring, team locks, and a host of other settings for their leagues. Most of the time this power is not abused, but sometimes it is.

We recommend that users only join Custom Leagues with League Managers they trust, because the NFL must be 100% "hands-off" when it comes to our Custom Leagues. It is up to the League Manager and the individual team owners to police the content, communication, and activity in the leagues in which they participate. NFL.com is not liable for any communication, activity, or fair-play issues amongst the individual users in Custom Leagues.

Here is the FAQ that addresses this issue. (http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/help/custom-fairplay)

If you have any other questions feel free to reach back out or check out our new NFL Fantasy FAQ.

I was just rambling about this owner who is changing the playoffs so he can win. Just in case anyone is looking for a league and comes across his, to stay away. Maybe someone knows him and now knows he is full of manure when he says he wins every year. Venting, getting it off my chest, moving on.

If you created this league how did somebody else get control over it and be able to screw you so royally? Something in your story isn't adding up.

Joining an online league full of people you don't know and therefore cannot trust is dangerous. But if there was no money on the line it don't matter much (of course I wouldn't play just for fun, certainly not with a bunch of people I don't know, too much time involved).

I was just rambling about this owner who is changing the playoffs so he can win. Just in case anyone is looking for a league and comes across his, to stay away. Maybe someone knows him and now knows he is full of manure when he says he wins every year. Venting, getting it off my chest, moving on.

Horrible. This is why I stopped playing in free leagues a long time ago as similar crap happened to me as well. I don't understand how anyone gets satisfaction cheating to win in a free league.

Stupid thread, but wow... i'm trying to think of what kind of miserable loser this owner is who's adjusted rosters and manufactured wins for himself all season. Look at that lineup though... Zeke, Julio, Gurley, A-Rod, DT, Brown, Bell, etc... :clap: What an effin' loser, how is that even fun? Even in a free league?

• Like 1

Stupid thread, but wow... i'm trying to think of what kind of miserable loser this owner is who's adjusted rosters and manufactured wins for himself all season. Look at that lineup though... Zeke, Julio, Gurley, A-Rod, DT, Brown, Bell, etc... :clap: What an effin' loser, how is that even fun? Even in a free league?

I can't believe he was dumb enough to give himself Gurley :unsure:
  • Like 2

If you created this league how did somebody else get control over it and be able to screw you so royally? Something in your story isn't adding up.

I didn't create the league, maybe I wrote that wrong? I joined the league Gridironkings 3 years ago.

Don't see the point in playing in a free league with random people. If you win there's no prize and nobody worth trash talking.

Well for me, I guess I'm still a bit of a noob then, lol. I played my first time 4 years ago in a Standard NFL Fantasy league. Actualy 2, one by mistake, but that is a different story. I won one league and placed 2nd in the other. It was cool, but then the next year I didn't like the idea of having to start over, so I joined two keeper leagues. The one I mentioned here where the jerk cheats and another where the owner is cool, actually fun to compete against. I have been playing with the idea of a cash league, actually the cool owner runs a few leagues, some free, some cash.

I didn't create the league, maybe I wrote that wrong? I joined the league Gridironkings 3 years ago.

Well I figured "I stared the league Gridironkings" = you created the league.

You joined a league, played in a league. I really wish people chose their words more carefully (say what you mean, mean what you say).

This sucks but just quit the league, the commish is obviously a tool and enjoys screwing over people.

If I won 5 free leagues this year does that mean I made it all the way with my hot adopted sister? ;-P

Dude, you touched them all and went back to the plate for a single!

edit to add: You sick bastard! :brow:

Edited by CowboysDiehard
  • Like 2