[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HoF Finalists

Def.

Surprised no one has posted and starting arguing over this. Guess I'll get it going. :wink:

Who you got?

Finalists

Brian Dawkins, S

Jason Tayler, DE

LaDainian Tomlison, RB

Morten Andersen, PK

Don Coryell, Coach

Kurt Warner, QB

Terrell Davis, RB

Isaac Bruce, WR

Terrell Owens, WR

Tony Boselli, T

Alan Faneca, G

Joe Jacoby, T

Ty Law, CB

John Lynch, S

Kevin Mawae, C

Also Kenny Easley (senior finalist) and Paul Tagliabue and Jerry Jones (contributor finalists) are potentials but I don't believe they compete directly with the 15 finalists so to speak.

Personally, think LT and TO are locks this year. I also really believe Coryell should be in there but doubt he makes it.

Surprised no one has posted and starting arguing over this. Guess I'll get it going. :wink:

Who you got?

Finalists

Brian Dawkins, S

Jason Tayler, DE

LaDainian Tomlison, RB

Morten Andersen, PK

Don Coryell, Coach

Kurt Warner, QB

Terrell Davis, RB

Isaac Bruce, WR

Terrell Owens, WR

Tony Boselli, T

Alan Faneca, G

Joe Jacoby, T

Ty Law, CB

John Lynch, S

Kevin Mawae, C

Also Kenny Easley (senior finalist) and Paul Tagliabue and Jerry Jones (contributor finalists) are potentials but I don't believe they compete directly with the 15 finalists so to speak.

Personally, think LT and TO are locks this year. I also really believe Coryell should be in there but doubt he makes it.

LT, Warner, Davis, TO and Lynch. Hell of a class.

They should all be in.

Stupid yearly limit

Just all the finalists, or the entire intial list? There has to be a limit or they could put 100 people in every 2-3 years. I think a bumping the limit may be considered, far too many players from the recent past are being left behind (or taking forever to get in) because of inflated stats, WR is a perfect example. And so those guys keep making the finalist list, and eventually get in probably over some other deserving player/

Not much love for the OL in these posts so I'll make sure to include one, I'd go

LT, TO, Warner, Bosselli, Lynch. Corryell really should get in at some point, he was a huge impact on the change to a passing offense.

Just all the finalists, or the entire intial list? There has to be a limit or they could put 100 people in every 2-3 years. I think a bumping the limit may be considered, far too many players from the recent past are being left behind (or taking forever to get in) because of inflated stats, WR is a perfect example. And so those guys keep making the finalist list, and eventually get in probably over some other deserving player/

Not much love for the OL in these posts so I'll make sure to include one, I'd go

LT, TO, Warner, Bosselli, Lynch. Corryell really should get in at some point, he was a huge impact on the change to a passing offense.

just the finalists. They will all, eventually get in. Baseball has no limit and they don't put in 100 people every 2-3 years. Football may be the only HoF with a limit. Part of the reason there is a hugh wait list is because of the limit. If they did away with it, it would eventually settle out with 5-7 , maybe, per year.

There are still borderline guys getting in (A. Reed) and compilers (Bettis) so I'm not sure your argument holds water.

• Like 3

Dawk, LT, TO, Taylor, Coryell. I think Dawk and LT are sure things. TO probably has a really good shot this year with only Bruce on the list with him fro WR. I might be a bit partial to Taylor being a Phins fan but I think he deserves it. Coryell changed the offensive game.

I think Warner deserves to be in as well but I couldn't put him in over any of the guys on my list. The only thing bringing him down is the length of his career. Same with TD, and unfortunately for TD I don't think he gets in because his career was cut short.

Edited by blaw23

That's a hell of a list.

I think LT and Warner are a lock, after that you can flip coins.

I always get into the Bruce vs Owens and Dawkins vs Lynch debate. I think they are competing because of the similar careers.

• Like 1

I'm seeing a lot more support for Warner than I'd thought existed.

Which is fine....my own personal metric is "was this guy one of the top 2-3 at his position for a 5 yr (or longer) stretch?", and Warner passes that test, it's just his 5 yrs weren't consecutive.

Which is fine....my own personal metric is "was this guy one of the top 2-3 at his position for a 5 yr (or longer) stretch?", and Warner passes that test, it's just his 5 yrs weren't consecutive.

Both Warner and TD have unique arguments to be in the hall of fame. Their arguments are not based on long term dominance or accumulated career statistics. They both had short periods of dominance, but the common denominator between the two is playoff dominance. I really hope they both make it.

• Like 1

If that's the case Law shold be a shoe-in

Who you got?

Finalists

Brian Dawkins, S Tough call deserving but maybe not with this great class... Out

Jason Tayler, DE Another tough one but I say ... Out

LaDainian Tomlison, RB LOCK don't even debate it... IN

Morten Andersen, PK Too strong a group to get a K in... OUT

Don Coryell, Coach Changed the game should be but wont make cut... Out

Kurt Warner, QB Bagging Groc to HOF, OK I can see this. IN

Terrell Davis, RB Was a beast but career was shortened by injury, Out

Isaac Bruce, WR Not in the Group... Out

Terrell Owens, WR Was a major Richard but stats deserve to be there... IN

Tony Boselli, T great player on expansion team but not enough this year... OUT

Alan Faneca, G Not with this class... OUT

Joe Jacoby, T Longevity, titles... IN

Ty Law, CB was a lock down corner and won rings... still out due to limits... OUT

John Lynch, S Game changing S IN

Kevin Mawae, C Great player but too much depth in class... OUT

Great class, with some tough calls. I could argue myself for or against all of them except LT but that is how I would pick em...

• 3 weeks later...
Former Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson, Rams and Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, Broncos running back Terrell Davis, kicker Morten Andersen, Seahawks safety Kenny Easley and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will be enshrined this year.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/04/nfl-hall-fame-2017-class-ladainian-tomlinson-kurt-warner-terrell-davis

Both Warner and TD have unique arguments to be in the hall of fame. Their arguments are not based on long term dominance or accumulated career statistics. They both had short periods of dominance, but the common denominator between the two is playoff dominance. I really hope they both make it.

Good call!!

TD and Warner I'm just not seeing. I like them both as players alot but this isn't a popularity contest.

You can definitely make a case for Davis based on playoff performances but his regular season career was basically 4 seasons. Same for Warner - the total body of work isn't there.

• Like 2