[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HoF Finalists

Def.

Still no TO is a travesty. I mean, how many times did you hear "we have to gameplan to stop Morten Andersen". You could argue TO's the second-best WR in NFL history next to Jerry Rice. I'm not even a huge TO fan or a fan of the teams he played for.

I don't get the Jason Taylor thing either. Maybe not this year.

Dumb.

• Like 2

The argument shouldn't be whether Morten Anderson stole T.O.'s spot or whatever. If you want to debate whether or not kickers deserve to be in HOF at all, fair enough. But, if they DO, Anderson gets a spot, without question. He is arguably the greatest kicker in NFL history, at least in the regular season.

That said, yeah, T.O. should be in. He was more dominant at his position than Taylor ever was, and I'm not even sure that's debatable. Of course, we would be kidding ourselves if we pretended that character didn't play a part in who gets in, and let's face it.... T.O. didn't do himself any favors in that regard.

• Like 4

I don't like TO and he should be in, but there are a few things holding him back. This list is not exhaustive:

character

no rings

character

different teams (and many times he tore apart the teams)

character

character

character

character

I do think he will get in eventually.

• Like 1

TD and Warner I'm just not seeing. I like them both as players alot but this isn't a popularity contest.

You can definitely make a case for Davis based on playoff performances but his regular season career was basically 4 seasons. Same for Warner - the total body of work isn't there.

I've always disagreed with this logic. They came in totally dominated for a short period of time. They both are Cinderalla stories. They are at the top in postseason success. Just because they didn't pad their stats throughout the years doesn't mean they don't belong. Would you rather start your team with Terrell Davis or Curtis Martin? I think most of us would choose TD.

Edited by Shaft
  • Like 1

The year TD ran for over 2,000 yards, he could have easily surpassed 2,500 with how often he was being benched in the 4th quarter due to blowouts. His playoff performances speak for themselves though, and put him in the Hall of Fame. Without TD, Elway would never have won a Superbowl, and you can't write Football history without Elway or TD.

TO is getting the Cris Carter treatment which is really effin' sad. He deserved to be first ballot but will probably wait for years

TD and Warner I'm just not seeing. I like them both as players alot but this isn't a popularity contest.

You can definitely make a case for Davis based on playoff performances but his regular season career was basically 4 seasons. Same for Warner - the total body of work isn't there.

I see it more for Warner than TD. I do get the role TD played in SB wins (and those seasons) for the Broncos.

And there is not doubt that winning a SB or two counts a lot for the voters. And players who were well liked also have an edge, vs. those who behaved like tools.

My one problem is Jerry Jones, outside of making tons of $$ for the owners and building the league up what did he do to make the game better? Ane he's still got many years ahead as owner. While Steve Sabol had to wheel his dad onto the stage to get his honors and died before he could be honored himself. Those are people that had serious impact on the game and how we the fans follow it.

• Like 1

Cannot STAND that Jerry Jones got into the damn Hall of Fame; his inclusion, to me, reduces the importance of the HOF. He's rich and owns a team, and is a loudmouth.... And? People parrot that he "orchestrated" 3 Super Bowl victories, but how many since Jimmy Johnson (the real orchestrator) left? S'what I thought. Meanwhile, reports come out that the new HOFer had to be restrained by his son so he didn't draft Johnny Manziel. Whatever.

I agree with TD, Warner, and LT. Do NOT agree with Anderson (he played 'til he was collecting Social Security, of course he had the most points, but he never had an impactful kick that I'm aware of, complete crap he made it into the HOF) and Jason Taylor (only credential is he won DPOY once... and? He had, what, 5 seasons of double-digit sacks? Meh. Hall of Really Good, but remind me of ONE impactful big moment where Taylor came through... did he push his team through to the playoffs? Have a good play in an AFC title game? Play in a Super Bowl? No, no, and no.)

Frustrated that Lynch didn't get in. Per Dungy, the orchestrator of that defense, Lynch had the most responsibilities as the safety, and was renowned as a safety who could lay the wood as well as intercept (most of his interceptions came in the 4th Q). Huge interception against Washington in 1999 or 2000 playoffs, and spiked the ball in front of the Buc offense and screamed "DO SOMETHING" that helped propel them to a 14-13 win over Washington. Called the Raiders play "It was Sluggo C, wasn't it!!!" and directed the secondary to FIVE interceptions, 3 returned for TDs, against the reigning OPOY IN THE SUPER BOWL. Named to TWO team's Ring of Honors, even though he was only a Bronco for 4 years.

As far as T.O. goes... I'm torn. Numbers, he should be automatic for HOF, arguably the 2nd best WR of all time.

HOWEVER... his extreme divisiveness tore up the locker rooms of 3 teams, including being sent home away from the team with Philly. That stuff affects play on the field, and as Belichick has said, you're not necessarily looking for the best players, but for the best team. T.O. continually showed his presence would ruin teams, not lift them up.

I think those antics are causing his wait, and I think Moss will get in ahead of him next year, but I think Owens will get in.

• Like 1