[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Playoff Contest - Spots available

Gopher

Just throwing this out there, in case a few people are looking to add another playoff league, with a slightly different format than the others. This league is similar to DMD"s SPIT contest in that you can only use a player once (as opposed to Irish's, where you can use the same player every week). Several Huddlers participate, and we could certainly add a few more.

I've been running this league for about 15 years, starting with 8 of us on an Excel spreadsheet in a winner take all format. Within a few years, we expanded to paying out the top three spots. A few years after that, we transitioned from the Excel sheet that I managed to using MFL. The league has grown each and every year, and last year we had 72 participants. Top five now get paid (cumulative scoring over the four weeks), as well as four weekly high scores AND a bonus for the single highest scoring week. Last year, none of the weekly winners finished in the top five (so I paid out 9 people). Most importantly, everything that goes in gets paid out (there is no cost to me to run this contest, other than time spent).

Rules:

- $20 per contestant

- Must pick a lineup for each week of the NFL playoffs (including Super Bowl)

- Each lineup must contain a QB, 2 RB’s, 3 WR’s, a TE, and kicker (No defense).

- You can only use each player once during the 4 weeks of the playoffs.

- Official NFL scoring will be used for the contest.

- Players lock at kickoff of their individual games.

- Lineups will not be visible (to others) until kickoff of each player's game.

Scoring:

- 4 pts for a TD pass

- 6 pts for a TD run or catch

- 2 pts for a 2-pt conversion run, pass, or catch (A 2-pt throw would be worth 2 for both the passer and the receiver)

- 1 pt for every 10 yards rushing/receiving, to the nearest tenth of a point (81 yards rushing = 8.1 pts, etc.)

- 1 pt for every 20 yards passing, to two decimal places (.05 pts per yard passing)

- 1 pt for every kicker PAT

- 3 pts for every field goal

If interested, send me a PM ASAP, and I'll get you an invite.

I need to defend my championship, why are you trying to make it harder? :sad:

:lol: Not trying to make it "harder" necessarily. But, last year was probably the first year that the group of participants didn't grow from the previous year. And, that's with me adding probably 20-25 new people. In other words, that same number left from the year before. More of a mass exodus than I've ever seen before (usually, we always have added more people than we've lost). The only thing I can attribute it to is all of the other fantasy playoff options out there, through various sites, etc.

Bottom line... I have to try a little bit harder than before, if we want the number of participants to grow (or at least stay the same) year over year.

• Like 1

:lol: Not trying to make it "harder" necessarily. But, last year was probably the first year that the group of participants didn't grow from the previous year. And, that's with me adding probably 20-25 new people. In other words, that same number left from the year before. More of a mass exodus than I've ever seen before (usually, we always have added more people than we've lost). The only thing I can attribute it to is all of the other fantasy playoff options out there, through various sites, etc.

Bottom line... I have to try a little bit harder than before, if we want the number of participants to grow (or at least stay the same) year over year.

:sleep:

• 5 weeks later...

This is crazy. Nine winners this year (nobody in the top 5 won a single-week high score). But, that's not the crazy part. The winner, who was down by about 25 points going into yesterday (he picked White), won by a whopping .05 points. That equates to a half-yard rushing/receiving. In other words, James White's final yard pushed him from 2nd place into 1st.

Another way of looking at it.... If White scores from the 1-yard-line, he finishes second (by .05) and gets $250. But, since White's TD came from the 2-yard-line, he wins (by .05) and gets $500. Talk about close.