[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who wins this weekend?

DMD

NFL Playoffs  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Seattle at Atlanta

• Seattle
    • Atlanta
  2. 2. Houston at New England

• New England
    • Patriots
  3. 3. Steelers at Kansas City

• Steelers
    • Chiefs
  4. 4. Green Bay at Dallas

• Green Bay
    • Dallas

good

Honestly, if the Boys were playing Atlanta or Seattle I'd say they win no problem. Just ... something about this Packer team, even without Jordy... with the way Rodgers is playing right now.... team of destiny? Won't go that far or that cliche but they just dispatched the Giants and their "fairly vaunted D" like they were nothin'.

This will be one hell of a game, cannot wait to watch it.

• Like 1

Honestly, if the Boys were playing Atlanta or Seattle I'd say they win no problem. Just ... something about this Packer team, even without Jordy... with the way Rodgers is playing right now.... team of destiny? Won't go that far or that cliche but they just dispatched the Giants and their "fairly vaunted D" like they were nothin'.

This will be one hell of a game, cannot wait to watch it.

I have a feeling GB wins. I've been hoping for a month that Dallas wouldn't have to play GB. Rodgers is scary right now. I'm worried.

That said, GB hasn't really beat anyone during this streak of theirs, and they're not at Lambeau this week.

Dallas has to score TDs instead of fgs and somehow make Rodgers throw the ball before he wants to. And often. And somehow force multiple turnovers. And not turn the ball over at all.

The reason I typed 'good' was because I'd rather Joe public thinks the Packers will win. Because Joe public is usually wrong :lol:

I have a feeling GB wins. I've been hoping for a month that Dallas wouldn't have to play GB. Rodgers is scary right now. I'm worried.

That said, GB hasn't really beat anyone during this streak of theirs, and they're not at Lambeau this week.

Dallas has to score TDs instead of fgs and somehow make Rodgers throw the ball before he wants to. And often. And somehow force multiple turnovers. And not turn the ball over at all.

The reason I typed 'good' was because I'd rather Joe public thinks the Packers will win. Because Joe public is usually wrong :lol:

This will be key and will likely be a stat that's brought up a bunch. Rodgers has had a TON of time in the pocket over the past few games.

Can't say I agree with the "they haven't beat anyone" statement though. Aside from the Bears, their past seven wins have been against decent-to-good competition. The Eagles were still looking fairly good back in late November. Texans, tough D. Seahawks, tough. Vikings had slipped but still had an elite D. Lions, playoff team and just as hot as the Packers. And the Giants who everyone was scared of.

THAT is the reason I'm thinking GB has more than a puncher's chance in this one. ESPECIALLY if Rodgers stays upright and hot. Jordy or no Jordy.

Cowboys have a much more complete offense than the Giants do, I don't see them settling for FGs instead of TDs. Their defense may not be as good as the Giants, but that part of the team kind of failed the Giants in the second half. And as noted, the game is not in GB.

I picked Dallas, but consider that game a toss-up. Not sure what to make of SEA-ATL, neither team is very dominant all around. Looking forward to some better games than last weekend. Who knows maybe the HOU defense can get to Tom Terrific early and rattle him enough to make that game competitive.

Can't say I agree with the "they haven't beat anyone" statement though. Aside from the Bears, their past seven wins have been against decent-to-good competition. The Eagles were still looking fairly good back in late November. Texans, tough D. Seahawks, tough. Vikings had slipped but still had an elite D. Lions, playoff team and just as hot as the Packers. And the Giants who everyone was scared of.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/1/10/14213090/packers-v-dallas-cowboys-green-bay-hasnt-faced-a-competitive-offense-during-seven-game-win-streak

That's great. Thing is, there's more to the game than just offense. But thanks for the link! :tup:

I usually have a hard time with sarcasm on the innerwebs.

The Eagles, Texans, Bears, Vikings and Lions suck. NYG defense wasn't the same after Rodgers Cromartie went out and he wasn't the same when he came back.

And noone knows what they're getting from Seattle wk to wk anymore.

But either way, thanks for letting me know that there's more to the game than offense :)

• Like 1

I usually have a hard time with sarcasm on the innerwebs.

The Eagles, Texans, Bears, Vikings and Lions suck. NYG defense wasn't the same after Rodgers Cromartie went out and he wasn't the same when he came back.

And noone knows what they're getting from Seattle wk to wk anymore.

But either way, thanks for letting me know that there's more to the game than offense :)

I was only attempting mild sarcasm. My point was that the teams that the Packers have beat weren't just "nobodies". Well, except for my Bears.

Your response - which was nothing but a link to a Cowboys blog that only discussed said teams' offenses - did little to change my mind on that statement. :shrug:

I guess we have differing opinions on "sucking". I don't think the Seahawks (despite some inconsistencies), Texans (despite their offense) nor the Lions would be classified as "teams that suck" since they managed to get into the playoffs. But again, different strokes, different folks.

The GB/DAL game is going to be wildly entertaining. You have one of the best teams from Week 1-17 facing one of the hottest teams (like it or not) with one of the best players to ever play the game.

As Bart Scott once said..... "CAN'T WAIT!" :tup:

suck

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means. Winning 7, 8, or 9 games is the definition of average. All of those teams can be dangerous. The Packers just made them look like they sucked. This reminds me of a friend I have who thinks that any woman who isn't an 8 or better is ugly. This same friend hasn't gotten laid in 10 years.

This year's Packers reminds me of the 2010 Packers. They are catching lightning in a bottle. Jordy's injury hurts. But their offense is playing so well as a whole that I think his absence will go mostly unnoticed. Vegas putting the Packers' odds of winning the Super Bowl at 10-1 is ridiculous. Only the Texans have worse odds.

I think both offenses will play well and I'd bet the over on the 52 point over/under. But I think having a veteran quarterback will be the difference in the game. Maybe the homer in me is skewing my perception.

• Like 1

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means. Winning 7, 8, or 9 games is the definition of average. All of those teams can be dangerous. The Packers just made them look like they sucked. This reminds me of a friend I have who thinks that any woman who isn't an 8 or better is ugly. This same friend hasn't gotten laid in 10 years.

This year's Packers reminds me of the 2010 Packers. They are catching lightning in a bottle. Jordy's injury hurts. But their offense is playing so well as a whole that I think his absence will go mostly unnoticed. Vegas putting the Packers' odds of winning the Super Bowl at 10-1 is ridiculous. Only the Texans have worse odds.

I think both offenses will play well and I'd bet the over on the 52 point over/under. But I think having a veteran quarterback will be the difference in the game. Maybe the homer in me is skewing my perception.

any team in the league can be dangerous on any given sunday.

But the Texans, Bears, Eagles, Lions and Vikings suck.

And even though D included them above like I said they suck, I didn't say Seattle sucks.

I also posted above somewhere that Im worried about the Packers. I think they'll win actually, on their last drive of the game. If they do, that will also suck and I'll be disappointed, but still excited because Dallas is building something to be feared imo. And I wasnt expecting them to be this good this yr, especially when we found out they'd be starting their 3rd string rookie QB.

But yeah, those 5 teams suck this yr, sorry