darin3

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,694 posts
  • Interests:taunting, then ignoring trolls
  • Fan of the:Bears

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:33 PM

Big upgrade for the Broncos, especially if they can also land Musgrave from their AFC rivals.

Big downgrade for the Dolphins, who looked to be kinda putting things together at the end of this past season.

#3 Mile High Magic

Mile High Magic

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Fan of the:Broncos

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:19 PM

Hopefully he can help develop those young safeties we have since secondary has been his area of expertise. If T.J. Ward walks after his contract is up it'd be nice not to take a step back on the back end. I'm pretty happy about it though.

Edited by Mile High Magic, 11 January 2017 - 07:20 PM.

#4 kdko

kdko

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Fan of the:Chargers

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:16 PM

I guarantee Mike McCoy is gonna be joining Joseph in Denver.

#5 LordOpie

LordOpie

Huddler Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,061 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:10 PM

I guarantee Mike McCoy is gonna be joining Joseph in Denver.

I hope he returns,  but hope he's not here one or two years then off for another HC opportunity. Lynch needs some consistency

#6 Mile High Magic

Mile High Magic

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

Lynch needs some consistency

Amen to that. Lynch admitted early in the year it was taking him some time to learn the offense. Now he has a new offense to learn. If he has a new scheme to learn every 2-3 years he'll never be more than a backup.

#7 LordOpie

LordOpie

Huddler Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,061 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

Amen to that. Lynch admitted early in the year it was taking him some time to learn the offense. Now he has a new offense to learn. If he has a new scheme to learn every 2-3 years he'll never be more than a backup.

and considering how McCoy brilliantly managed a season with two completely different QBs (Orton and Tebow), I think he's the type of OC who plays to the strength of his players, instead of trying to make the players squeeze into his scheme.

Don't get me wrong, Kubiak was fantastic, but he had one flaw... thinking his scheme was more important than playing the strengths of his players on offense.

Players > scheme

#8 Rileyrott

Rileyrott

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

Exactly Opie, players are > the scheme. Kubes was great and I wish him well, but it's time to move on.

I think McCoy was over his head as HC of the Chargers, and should he be the Broncos next OC, will hopefully resurrect the offense, which has been pitiful the last 2 years.

#9 Mile High Magic

Mile High Magic

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

and considering how McCoy brilliantly managed a season with two completely different QBs (Orton and Tebow), I think he's the type of OC who plays to the strength of his players, instead of trying to make the players squeeze into his scheme.

Don't get me wrong, Kubiak was fantastic, but he had one flaw... thinking his scheme was more important than playing the strengths of his players on offense.

Players > scheme

I agree. McCoy doesn't get enough credit for what he did with Orton and Tebow, hell even Manning to a certain extent. Think he'd be good for those young QBs.

#10 kdko

kdko

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Fan of the:Chargers

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

I agree. McCoy doesn't get enough credit for what he did with Orton and Tebow, hell even Manning to a certain extent. Think he'd be good for those young QBs.

Plus, he'd be inclined to as I'm sure he'd love to dish out some hurt to the Chargers.

#11 Mile High Magic

Mile High Magic

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

Plus, he'd be inclined to as I'm sure he'd love to dish out some hurt to the Chargers.

I think at this point every NFL fan is looking at the Chargers kind of like a character in a show where bad things just keep happening to them and you almost feel bad except for the fact that the character is kind of a d!ck. The Chargers are to the NFL what Theon Greyjoy is to Game Of Thrones.

But yes it would be good to have as many coaches as possible who already have a taste for these AFC west battles.

#12 Mile High Magic

Mile High Magic

Huddler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

http://www.9news.com...at-cu/386290828

Media just can't let people be happy lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users