[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Los Angeles Chargers

DMD

A done deal to the displeasure of all San Diegoans..San Dieagons.... Stay classy...

New Logo

Kinda Dodgerish

Fans dropping by Chargers HQ are not there just to wish them well apparently. But they are dumping their old Chargers gear.

"LA will never get another NFL team, let alone two."

So much for that. :lol:

Money talks, and a brand new mega stadium is talking very loudly.

What I find amusing is the Charges will play for 2 years in Sub Hub Center in Carson, a sub 30K seat facility. For NFL games, where stadiums are generally twice that size. I guess they don't expect many fans, I wonder how well they'll draw in the new stadium when it opens in 2019. Do they suddenly find another 30-50 thousand people willing to buy tickes?

Oh and the TV ratings for the NFL are down in LA compared to next year, that is to be expected when they lose some big national games because they have to show the Rams (and now Chargers) and cannot show the doubleheader (NFL exclusivity rule) many weeks. I have a feeling the NFL will tweak some of those rules to make sure that ratings don't drop too far in the #2 media market.

HAHAHAHAH, through a LETTER!!! That's like your longtime girlfriend breaking up with you via text. Spanos just further cementing how much of a classless douchebag he is.

I'm taking my talents to the Cowboys (woo!). Whole family is from Texas, and my Grandfather was the biggest fan. On to greener pastures :jump:

HAHAHAHAH, through a LETTER!!! That's like your longtime girlfriend breaking up with you via text. Spanos just further cementing how much of a classless douchebag he is.

I'm taking my talents to the Cowboys (woo!). Whole family is from Texas, and my Grandfather was the biggest fan. On to greener pastures :jump:

Come on down! We offer Chargeresque levels of futility!

• Like 2

Another hilarious tidbit: Spanos refused to talk to ANY of the San Diego news networks, and is up there today giving a time slot to each of the local LA news stations. 55 years and he doesn't have the spine to address the San Diego public.

The NFL is now officially a joke.

They are absolutely killing the golden goose, piece by piece.

+1. My opinion is that there are very few owners invested in the quality of the product on the field. They make money regardless so why bother?

• Like 1

The NFL offered to pay $650M of the estimated $1.3B for a new stadium in San Diego. That is a difference of $650M that Dean Spanos tried to get the tax payers to pony up. We said no. So now he's hightailing it to LA where he is not welcomed. Competing with the Rams, MLB, MLH, NBA, MLS and women professional teams, along with national power college sports, he is now looking for a fan base. He is also a tenant now with zero income from stadium earnings. Hold that thought.....let's take a look at the monetary difference again so that it will be CRYSTAL CLEAR that Dean Spanos had no intent of staying in SD. The difference of what the NFL was offering and the cost of a new stadium was $650M.....with me so far? Here it comes....the relocation fee Spanos will be paying the NFL for moving to LA?

$650M

Yep

Good riddance Spanos you are a piece of

• Like 3