[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Los Angeles Chargers

DMD

Amazing link. Financially this will end up working out well for no one - and there's no 2 owners more deserving than Spanos and Kroenke. May you both rot.

The value of the Rams jumped when they moved to LA, same will happen for the Chargers, both owners could sell and make out like kings. Not sure how that is a bad financial decision ending well for no one.

This ends poorly for the teams and the NFL if both teams (or maybe one) fail in LA and have to relocate again. Or if the NFL TV ratings take a big hit because of fewer good games (mostly Rams, Chargers and fewer big games like a DAL-NYG late Fox game) available.

That LA times article sounded like a whiny little kid. No buzz, hmm Rivers, Gordon, Bosa. Limited success, they've probably won twice as many games as the Rams in the last 10-15 years.

Did he right such a piece for the Rams when they moved, or were they more welcome because they had played in LA, had some success while they were gone, as well as about 40 years ago in LA.

Ahh now I see as I continue reading, the second team should have been the Raiders, because they were there before as well and there are so many fans (including tons of gang bangers).

PS The Chargers were shown on LA TV quite a lot in the past 20 years when there was no team, but they have no or few fans, compared to Rams (I guess they were never angry the team left) or the Raiders (ditto on Al and his traveling circus).

The value of the Rams jumped when they moved to LA, same will happen for the Chargers, both owners could sell and make out like kings. Not sure how that is a bad financial decision ending well for no one.

This ends poorly for the teams and the NFL if both teams (or maybe one) fail in LA and have to relocate again. Or if the NFL TV ratings take a big hit because of fewer good games (mostly Rams, Chargers and fewer big games like a DAL-NYG late Fox game) available.

That LA times article sounded like a whiny little kid. No buzz, hmm Rivers, Gordon, Bosa. Limited success, they've probably won twice as many games as the Rams in the last 10-15 years.

Did he right such a piece for the Rams when they moved, or were they more welcome because they had played in LA, had some success while they were gone, as well as about 40 years ago in LA.

Ahh now I see as I continue reading, the second team should have been the Raiders, because they were there before as well and there are so many fans (including tons of gang bangers).

PS The Chargers were shown on LA TV quite a lot in the past 20 years when there was no team, but they have no or few fans, compared to Rams (I guess they were never angry the team left) or the Raiders (ditto on Al and his traveling circus).

Once Rivers retires in a few years (sooner now that they've moved), that team is the Browns...make no mistake about it. He's carried the team on his back for years now, surviving under horrible management and coaching. Sure, the defense is coming around now but if you plug in any mediocre QB into that offense and that team loses damn near every game. The guy has been in San Diego for over a decade now and it's hard enough explaining to one kid that you're moving and leaving all your friends behind, let alone 8.

• Like 2

Once Rivers retires in a few years (sooner now that they've moved), that team is the Browns...make no mistake about it. He's carried the team on his back for years now, surviving under horrible management and coaching. Sure, the defense is coming around now but if you plug in any mediocre QB into that offense and that team loses damn near every game. The guy has been in San Diego for over a decade now and it's hard enough explaining to one kid that you're moving and leaving all your friends behind, let alone 8.

He's never worked under a Head Coach that had a track record as a winner after working with Schottenheimer for 1 year. Sad really. Now he gets another one who is unproven! At least now it's LA's problem. Feel bad for him though.

• Like 1

He's never worked under a Head Coach that had a track record as a winner after working with Schottenheimer for 1 year. Sad really. Now he gets another one who is unproven! At least now it's LA's problem. Feel bad for him though.

Out of curiosity, will you be changing your team allegiance?

Out of curiosity, will you be changing your team allegiance?

Having played FF for a few years has helped me distance myself from the winning and losing of the Chargers...I follow players now and win and lose through them. When I win it's my doing (lol) and when I lose...It's all luck of the draw...So in a way I already had moved on when those bastar...NO, no I told myself I wouldn't do that...

I'm sure I'll miss them when TC and preseason rolls around but in the end I'd already moved on.

Right now just kinda numb and resigned.

Wait! San Diego Raiders???? lol

What thread is your post in steve?

PS-

If you'd bother to read the LINK I provided you'd know. Is this about post count?

Sarcasm, humor, har-har?

After 20 plus years with no team in LA we now have 2 moving there in about a year. Just seems odd to realize saying LA won't be enough anymore. And yes I saw the name in the link so I knew who you were talking about.

He's moving 2 hours away not halfway across the country, which BTW I did twice in my school years in a family with 7 kids. We'll see how soon he retires, and what the team looks like after. Trust me nobody easily duplicates the futility that is Browns football :-)

+1. My opinion is that there are very few owners invested in the quality of the product on the field. They make money regardless so why bother?

I hate the NFL, and I'm a friggin' season ticket holder... it's like crack, I literally HATE everything about how it is managed and the Commissioner's/owner's disregard for the players/fans, but it's addictive...I KNOW it's bad for me (financially, emotionally, etc.), and every year, I say this is going to be the year when I go cold turkey, but when that payment is due, there I am, shelling out $ to support a sub-par team that's in a league I can't stand...I feel there are a LOT of "me's" out there, which is why there are no changes... and, if they get their greedy way, there will be international expansion...

Edited by the outlaw
  • Like 1

I hate the NFL, and I'm a friggin' season ticket holder... it's like crack, I literally HATE everything about how it is managed and the Commissioner's/owner's disregard for the players/fans, but it's addictive...I KNOW it's bad for me (financially, emotionally, etc.), and every year, I say this is going to be the year when I go cold turkey, but when that payment is due, there I am, shelling out $ to support a sub-par team that's in a league I can't stand...I feel there are a LOT of "me's" out there, which is why there are no changes... and, if they get their greedy way, there will be international expansion...

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Maybe I had it easy when my (former) "friend" decided to get rid of his season ticketrs. The decision was made for me, and this year I quit following the Browns for about half a season, no disappointment from horrible losses every Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, boltnlava said:

"Add the proposal to the list of projects that could maybe possibly perhaps might someday become an actual something on the city’s most valuable piece of real estate."

:D

On 2/15/2017 at 0:38 PM, stevegrab said:

"Add the proposal to the list of projects that could maybe possibly perhaps might someday become an actual something on the city’s most valuable piece of real estate."

:D

Happy face? ...ok...

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Scooby's Hubby said:

You know how hard it is to say 'Los Angeles' with Chargers?  I'm giving up.  Too difficult.  :D

Just say Chargers, most people know they're in LA not SD.

Do you always say Dallas Cowboys, or New England Patriots?  Or use the official sponsor names for sports venues?