[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers-Chiefs Sunday Playoff Game Start Time Changed

Rileyrott

below right from weather. com for KC , MO .... no idea how the field will end up and what they can do to help it from being really icy but with later start it may end up having field and conditions not as severely effected

ICE STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO MIDNIGHT CST SUNDAY NIGHT... * TIMING... LIGHT PRECIPITATION WILL BEGIN THIS EVENING... WITH PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON OR EVENING. THE HEAVIEST PERIODS OF ICE ACCUMULATION WILL BE SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY MORNING. * ICE ACCUMULATIONS... THIS EVENING ICE TOTALS WILL RANGE FROM A LIGHT GLAZE TO A COUPLE HUNDRETHS OF AN INCH. EXPECT TOTAL ICE ACCUMULATIONS DURING THE MULTI-DAY PERIOD OF ONE-QUARTER TO AROUND ONE-HALF OF AN INCH. * MAIN IMPACT... MAJOR IMPACTS TO TRAVEL ARE LIKELY AS ICE ACCUMULATES ON AREA ROADWAYS. BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES WILL BE MOST SUSCEPTIBLE TO ICE ACCRETION. ICE ACCUMULATION ON TREES AND POWERLINES MAY RESULT IN SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... AN ICE STORM WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF ICE ACCUMULATIONS WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS OR IMPOSSIBLE. TRAVEL IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. COMMERCE WILL LIKELY BE SEVERELY IMPACTED. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL, KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT, FOOD, AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. ICE ACCUMULATIONS AND WINDS WILL LIKELY LEAD TO SNAPPED POWER LINES AND FALLING TREE BRANCHES THAT ADD TO THE DANGER.

wait, they changed it from a day to night game? Guaranteeing worse driving conditions when people leave the stadium?

The worst part of the storm will happen starting overnight Saturday and tapering off about mid day Sunday. It will be WAY more dangerous to have the game at noon.

• Like 2

well, I have to be to work early Monday morning and live in EST so I'd say it's Cleveland level suckiness

Earlier than other Mondays that follow Sunday football?

You know who this would really suck for, out of town fans who had plans to fly home that night, and need to alter those plans.

As for relying on long term weather forecasts I hear you, but I'm not making decisions that affect the safety of 10s of thousands either.

well Steve this game is a divisional playoff game involving the Steelers. And since Im in Steelers country, and have friends and family that are Steelers fans that I get together with to get half drunk and watch the game....Yeah, this one is a lil different

In Steelers country and friends/family that are Steeler fans, yes that is Browns level suckiness, had a coworker Steeler fan come ove rto gloat over their victory this morning (rarely hear from him all year). I told him they better figure out how to score TDs or they'll get beat by the Pats.

Hope you're not too hung over today. Great "early" game, but I was burned out and tired by 11PM barely could make it through the late game.