Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dfv87

Adrian Peterson... Next stop

42 posts in this topic

The Vikings said today that they will not utilize his option for 2017, thus making AP a free agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be interesting to see where he lands and whether he can rekindle his form. 

 

Feel like he'll still go quite high in re-drafts though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

Be interesting to see where he lands and whether he can rekindle his form. 

 

Feel like he'll still go quite high in re-drafts though.

too high for me, that's for sure

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I acquired AP in one of my keeper leagues last year, so now I have the option of keeping him.  It'll obviously depend on where he goes, should be an interesting offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think the Giants would make the most sense . I dont care to see him twice a year against my boys , but I think the Giants would be nuts not to go after him

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Saints & Peterson close to a deal per Rapoport

 

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/856590954660233218

 

ETA: Saints beat reporter Jeff Duncan is confirming he is hearing the saints are closing in on a deal with him and both sides are motivated to get it done.

 

Edited by rajncajn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could get crowded there if they draft Mccaffrey . Though, as an adp Dynasty owner..I am good with this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, whomper said:

Could get crowded there if they draft Mccaffrey . Though, as an adp Dynasty owner..I am good with this

 

McCaffrey won't make it to them.  So they'd need to move up.  I think they'd rather just stay put and take John Ross, who will likely be there for them.

 

And the AP/Ingram situation could get murky...... or AP could just run away with it as the better overall talent.  I traded AP in a league, just didn't want the potential headache.  Hope it works for you though :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the saints and AP are currently in negotiations, seems like Peterson will be a saint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, darin3 said:

 

McCaffrey won't make it to them.  So they'd need to move up.  I think they'd rather just stay put and take John Ross, who will likely be there for them.

 

And the AP/Ingram situation could get murky...... or AP could just run away with it as the better overall talent.  I traded AP in a league, just didn't want the potential headache.  Hope it works for you though :D

 

It's a safe move, $3M. Peanuts.

 

GM's are getting scared with Ross...something wrong with his medicals. Would love to see Howard land there though, a real TE who can do it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, darin3 said:

 

McCaffrey won't make it to them. 

 

I wonder if teams are acting interested in McCaffrey as a smoke screen or as a favor to Ed McCaffrey.   I have trouble believing a team would use a 1st round pick on a gadget player when teams value the running back position so little in today's NFL.  The last time a 1st round pick was used on a white halfback was in 1974.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they are seeing him as a gadget guy. He is really more of the "new RB" in the sense he is multi-talented. He can catch, run, return - whatever. Referring to his color is very "third rail" to me but I expect that distinction will be made to his detriment. But he will be taken in the first round by a team expecting to get an everydown back. He will at least get the opportunity to fill that role as a rookie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DMD said:

I don't think they are seeing him as a gadget guy. He is really more of the "new RB" in the sense he is multi-talented. He can catch, run, return - whatever. Referring to his color is very "third rail" to me but I expect that distinction will be made to his detriment. But he will be taken in the first round by a team expecting to get an everydown back. He will at least get the opportunity to fill that role as a rookie.

I hope its with the Eagles!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AD says it's happening:

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19237595/adrian-peterson-says-signing-new-orleans-saints

 

Adrian Peterson told ESPN's Josina Anderson Tuesday morning that he plans to sign with the New Orleans Saints on a two-year deal that is effectively a one-year deal plus a one-year option. While there are questions about 32-year-old Adrian Peterson, the Saints would be getting an all-time great (with a chip on his shoulder) at a discount.

 

Peterson told Anderson that the deal is worth a base total value of $7 million. Here are the terms Peterson says he has agreed to at this point: The 2017 compensation is $3.5 million (all guaranteed at signing), which includes a $1 million guaranteed salary in 2017 and a $2.5 million signing bonus.

 

"I am excited to be joining the New Orleans Saints," Peterson told Anderson. "I'm really looking forward to this opportunity. Most importantly, I chose this team because it just felt right within my spirit. Additionally, my wife and family added their confirmation with the same feelings.

"On offense, it goes without saying that the Saints are really solid behind Drew Brees. I feel like my skill set can make them even more dominant as a unit. They have a great offensive line, which is something that stood out to me as well. I could tell from talking to head coach Sean Payton over the last two weeks that he did his due diligence in evaluating how I could contribute. I also did a lot of homework on the defense as well. While I know that injuries have played a role in performance, I also see areas of potential with a lot of younger guys having the ability to step up. Lastly, it goes without saying that the Saints have an amazing fan base and I look forward to making them proud and creating everlasting memories."

 

Adrian Peterson confirms the deal finalized yesterday. He'll be a member of the #Saints https://t.co/7v8fmjpTIH

— Ian Rapoport(@RapSheet) April 25, 2017

 


 

Saints gave Adrian Peterson a two-year deal. They would like him to play two years and he wants to play the two years.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 25, 2017

-----------------------------

 

I still don't think that precludes them from taking McCaffery if he's there, but I have a feeling that he won't be anyway. I think the pick at 11 will end up being the best CB available Conley or Lattimore or possibly Allen if he somehow falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

 

I wonder if teams are acting interested in McCaffrey as a smoke screen or as a favor to Ed McCaffrey.   I have trouble believing a team would use a 1st round pick on a gadget player when teams value the running back position so little in today's NFL.  The last time a 1st round pick was used on a white halfback was in 1974.

 

1992, Browns drafted Touchdown Tommy Vardell 9th pick in the first round. But guess he doesn.t count because he was a fullback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Mark Ingram might be traded.  If I understand Ingram's contract correctly, he has the option to void 2018 because he made the Pro Bowl in 2015.  This means he is in the last year of his contract and has probably been asking for a new contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

I wonder if Mark Ingram might be traded.  If I understand Ingram's contract correctly, he has the option to void 2018 because he made the Pro Bowl in 2015.  This means he is in the last year of his contract and has probably been asking for a new contract.

 

It could be "insurance" against that, sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.