[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Championship Blowouts + SB Prediction

loaf

Super Bowl 2017  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• Atlanta
    • New England

Never in my wildest dreams did I peg these two games to be blowouts...

I just don't see how Atlanta will keep up with the Pats.

Green Bay seemed just off. I don't see that will happen with the Pats.

I'd rather have another root canal than see the Pats win another SB but I think they do.

34-23

Pats win and this time it's the Defense that's the difference, hoping for a good game. Le'veon Bell, your a win away from the Super Bowl and sitting on the bench. Reminds me when Chargers LT sat on the bench during AFC Championship game. Seriously a win away, you play and help your team anyway possible.

Pats win and this time it's the Defense that's the difference, hoping for a good game. Le'veon Bell, your a win away from the Super Bowl and sitting on the bench. Reminds me when Chargers LT sat on the bench during AFC Championship game. Seriously a win away, you play and help your team anyway possible.

Bell knew he would be a detriment to his team to stay out there. If he could go, he would have.

Not sure what game you watched, but the difference in this game was the Steelers defense...Or I should say lack of defense. You game plan is to come into New England and lineup 10 yds off the Pats wr's and then backpeddle while they're running their route? Really?

Their defensive coordinator should be fired tomorrow morning if he hasn't been already.

Turrible

• Like 2

ignoramus he went out there to test it and couldn't do it, everyone has different pain tolerance i have more respect for him pulling himself out for the good of the team cause he knew he was done
  • Like 1

Not sure what game you watched, but the difference in this game was the Steelers defense...Or I should say lack of defense. You game plan is to come into New England and lineup 10 yds off the Pats wr's and then backpeddle while they're running their route? Really?

Their defensive coordinator should be fired tomorrow morning if he hasn't been already.

Turrible

Tomlin is justcas responsible as the HC to say hell no we aren't using this scheme.. I've never seen a more poorly planned defensive scheme.. they literally played into exactly what the pats thrive at.. quick short in or out routes and YAC .. im sure i must be sleeping and didn't actually witness that.. and you call a deep bomb to coates, a guy who hasn't caught a pass since mid season ( exaggerated im sure) on 3rd and 1 on your half of the field when you've got the best back in ths game.. i knew deep down it was a long shot to win at Foxboro but to just hand it to them is sickening. Go Atl ...

The NFC is a tougher conference and Atlanta is the better team. This isn't Houston or a Steelers team who is having issues scoring TDs.

38-24.

While I agree NFC is definitely a tougher division New England is a more disciplined team that does not make mistakes and the coaching staff and Brady have been there many times before. I believe this and this alone gives them the upper hand even with inferior talent at all positions to give Brady his 5th title and solidify him as one of the greatest to ever put on an NFL uniform! As I've stated before it will be a close hard fought battle but Tommy boy will once again reign supreme!

Matty Ice turns back into a pumpkin that is Matt Ryan and gets picked by NE Defense three times trying to force the ball into Jones. Atlanta gets beat to death 34 to 17 and we all get to eat another heaping helping of NE pound cake covered in fish gravy while having to endure another year of Brady God worship after just having watched the media get off their knees praying to Aaron Rogers golden statue.

If I hear Matty Ice one more time, I think I'm going to throw up.

Go Cowboys. 2017

Agree that the Steelers defensive plan was not up to snuff and was responsible for the beatdown - WRs were consistently wide open and Brady picked them apart all game. I think Def Coord and ultimately head coach have to own that.

Pats will remove Julio Jones from the game plan and Atlanta will need to win without him. Does Atlanta have enough other weapons? We will see. Personally I would love to watch Goodell hand the trophy to Brady, Belichick and Kraft.

While I agree NFC is definitely a tougher division New England is a more disciplined team that does not make mistakes and the coaching staff and Brady have been there many times before. I believe this and this alone gives them the upper hand even with inferior talent at all positions to give Brady his 5th title and solidify him as one of the greatest to ever put on an NFL uniform! As I've stated before it will be a close hard fought battle but Tommy boy will once again reign supreme!

Pats could win, to state the obvious. I'm just not convinced they are nearly as good as they 'look.' Pats lost to Seattle in week 10 then won their last seven games against teams that were a combined 43-69 for the season, with Miami being the only playoff team during that span. In fact, the Pats had only six games against opponents that finished with a winning record and finished with the easiest strength-of-schedule in the league. With the number 1 seed, NE got Houston while in the NFC that landed you a red hot Packer team. I'm wary of New England's 2nd half season resume, it was a cake walk and they lost at home to the one NFC playoff team they played.

Matty Ice turns back into a pumpkin that is Matt Ryan and gets picked by NE Defense three times trying to force the ball into Jones. Atlanta gets beat to death 34 to 17 and we all get to eat another heaping helping of NE pound cake covered in fish gravy while having to endure another year of Brady God worship after just having watched the media get off their knees praying to Aaron Rogers golden statue.

If I hear Matty Ice one more time, I think I'm going to throw up.

Go Cowboys. 2017

If you have to hear Matty Ice one more time.... are you serious Mr. Slip Romo ya didn't think so move on Cowboy!
  • Like 1

Pats could win, to state the obvious. I'm just not convinced they are nearly as good as they 'look.' Pats lost to Seattle in week 10 then won their last seven games against teams that were a combined 43-69 for the season, with Miami being the only playoff team during that span. In fact, the Pats had only six games against opponents that finished with a winning record and finished with the easiest strength-of-schedule in the league. With the number 1 seed, NE got Houston while in the NFC that landed you a red hot Packer team. I'm wary of New England's 2nd half season resume, it was a cake walk and they lost at home to the one NFC playoff team they played.

All great analysis and I definitely agree with you and think Atlanta is actually a better team especially with NE being gronkless. I just would take Brady and Belichek over Ryan and Quinn on the big stage is the bottom line for me. I think it will be close with the experience edging out in the end.

I think NE will win but will be pulling for Atlanta.

Yep - this is where my heads at too. I agree with others that the experience and the two weeks to game plan a defensive strategy that can slow down ATL are going to the difference. My heart wishes otherwise, but hey, give ATL some props for destroying GB and coming in with a good fighting chance!

All great analysis and I definitely agree with you and think Atlanta is actually a better team especially with NE being gronkless. I just would take Brady and Belichek over Ryan and Quinn on the big stage is the bottom line for me. I think it will be close with the experience edging out in the end.

I agree with this, for the most part. What really hurt GB yesterday is that they had absolutely no answer for Julio Jones. He was a man among boys working against the GB cornerbacks. Even in the 2nd half of the Dallas game, that glaring weakness had begun to show itself in the GB defense. Rodgers playing off the charts for the better part of two months had somewhat overshadowed that weakness, but it was just a matter of time before that defense (or lack thereof) became more than even he could overcome.

NE can and will game plan for Julio Jones better than Green Bay did. Do they have a CB who is big/physical enough to slow Julio down? Probably not single-handedly, but I think they'll figure out how to make Matt Ryan beat them elsewhere. So, that is the question, in my mind. If Jones is limited to somewhere in the 75-100 yard range, can Matt Ryan get enough of his other weapons involved to still score 30+ points. I think that has to happen to beat Brady and the Pats.

Bell knew he would be a detriment to his team to stay out there. If he could go, he would have.

Which is the exact same reason LT sat out, which if referencing is incredibly stupid to do so. LT had an MCL injury, as an RB who's expected to cut and be explosive. Get (the really bad word)in' real.