[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 49ers' new GM is John Lynch

Wolverines Fan

Lynch has no NFL front office experience.

He gets a six year deal. Seriously. :what:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9317/kyle-shanahan

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1921/john-lynch

Edited by Wolverines Fan

It is surprising given the struggling franchise is always short of talent and just hasn't been run well since Eddie DeBartolo was essentially running two NFL teams under one name. Looks like Kyle Shanahan will be running the entire show pretty much.

My question is who of the two with have the most say so on Draft day ??

Probably still chief Jed York. From some comments I've heard from SF fans he meddles in things too much, and will probably continue to do so.

I'm baffled every time I see somebody hired as head coach or GM for a sports team with no prior excperience in coaching or the front office. Just being a former player and broadcaster does not mean they're qualified. But I guess teams want to make a big splash, or "go out of the box".

Good luck to Lynch, liked him as a player and broadcaster.

PS Browns of the west, too funny. But even the new Browns in almost 20 years haven't gone that far out on a limb.

Probably still chief Jed York. From some comments I've heard from SF fans he meddles in things too much, and will probably continue to do so.

I'm baffled every time I see somebody hired as head coach or GM for a sports team with no prior excperience in coaching or the front office. Just being a former player and broadcaster does not mean they're qualified. But I guess teams want to make a big splash, or "go out of the box".

Good luck to Lynch, liked him as a player and broadcaster.

PS Browns of the west, too funny. But even the new Browns in almost 20 years haven't gone that far out on a limb.

maybe they should

Seriously, a Stanford-educated guy who's been in and around the game for most of his life. Worth a shot, yeah?

Exactly... And guaranteed it was Kyle's guy with the history with pops. Fresh young faces I'm willing to see where it takes them after the debacle the last few years

Didn't mean to imply the guy is certain/likely to fail, just seems odd to give somebody that much power and money without some grasp of the job before that. You don't hire a former steeler worker turned reporter to run a steel mill.

And he was definitely Kyle's choice according to most of the stories I've seen. I get they work good together and you want that, but it still seems odd when it appears the coach picked the person who is usually their boss, or at least an equal in the organization.

We're all thinking it, I'm just saying it.

Looks like the next Matt Millen, or a talking puppet for Shanahan. Your call.

I'll be amazed if they (Shanahan/Lynch) last all 6 years.

Surround yourself with people that do and soak up the knowledge

Then why not just hire those people? What is Lynch really bringing to the table then?

• Like 2

Time will tell until then continue on

Trust me as a fan I understand trying to be positive and hoping for the best. Until the Hue Jackson hiring I was losing hope, every coach was some nobody that came from nowhere with no interest from any other team seeking a HC. And the GMs weren't much better. I hope we have turned the corner, but have doubts after one year.

Ultimately the same knucklehead is in charge, who (Haslam) came here telling us how much he learned as minority owner of the Steelers only to make one bad decision after another, firing each one quickly and then doubling down on the next guy.

I wish the 49ers well.