[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carson Palmer to retire?

Wolverines Fan

Pulled his kids out of school, put his house up for sale and moved out of Arizona.

That stuff won't stop Palmer from returning in 2017, but he could be done.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/31/report-carson-palmer-has-pulled-kids-out-of-school-and-moved-out-of-arizona/

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2550/carson-palmer

Edited by Wolverines Fan

usually when people retire they move to Arizona not from....

Kind of weird why he would up and leave and pull the kids out of school if he wasn't retiring. bad for the Cardinals since he looks like he might have a couple good years left.

• Like 1

He certainly seems done in Arizona. But if he is going to play next year, he might already have a deal in place with another team. Carson is from California, he and his wife went to USC, and they spend their off-seasons in San Diego. Carson going to the LA Rams would be a perfect fit. A franchise establishing itself in a new city wants to win. Losing too much might make fans lose interest or become Chargers fans.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

Carson Palmer denies he's moving out of Arizona.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2550/carson-palmer

Per Roto:

Carson Palmer denied he has put his home up for sale and moved his family out of Arizona.

This has gotten a bit out of hand. It's our third post on the topic after one Cardinals beat writer apparently erroneously reported Tuesday night that Palmer was yanking his family out of Arizona and put his home up for sale. It's apparently a completely fabricated rumor. "No, my house in Arizona is not on the market," Palmer said in a statement. "And every year we have taken off for offseason family adventures, so there's nothing to read into there, either." All of this has gotten so much attention because Palmer is considering retirement at age 37.
Feb 1 - 11:19 AM
Edited by Rileyrott
  • Like 1

Mrs Palmer is 9 months pregnant and they have 3 other school age kids. I doubt they are going on "family adventures".

the offensive line of the Cardinals makes every attempted pass by Palmer a freaking adventure.

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 3

Mrs Palmer is 9 months pregnant and they have 3 other school age kids. I doubt they are going on "family adventures".

Easier to believe the PFT rumors I guess...As for the wife and pregnancy, I think you have your facts wrong. She was pregnant in Jan 2016 and had their FOURTH child right around SB Sunday LAST YEAR. I can find nothing about her being pregnant now.

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2015/11/10/9703544/carson-palmer-on-super-bowl-and-wifes-pregnancy-im-not-missing-any Note the story date, NOV 2015

As for thoughts that Carson is leaving for another team, well that requires a trade since he is currently under contract thourhg 2018.

I also read that Fitz is returning for another year, would that be likely to coincide with Palmer leaving or retiring?

• Like 2

fixed

Anyone remember when PFT reported Bradshaw died? Ah the good old days...

I hear ya, I was simply poking fun as faux news.

I just find it amusing how easily people believe such things, even when the people involved deny it. Like we have some reason to trust the media, and that they don't spread stories like this regularly. I guess just like the media people would rather be early on the story curve and be wrong than to hear it later when its an actual fact.

• Like 1