[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seems Every Year...Kaepernick done in SF

loaf

Just because he backed up Tom Brady doesn't mean that Garappolo is TB Jr. Did we learn nothing from Matt Cassel? His best year ever was the one he replaced Brady in 2008. Which two of his career starts suggested he was more than a backup?

Just because he backed up Tom Brady doesn't mean that Garappolo is TB Jr. Did we learn nothing from Matt Cassel? His best year ever was the one he replaced Brady in 2008. Which two of his career starts suggested he was more than a backup?

Matt Cassel was thoroughly mediocre the year he started for New England. The year before, the Patriots had possibly the best passing offense in the history of the league up to that point. Brady had 4,806 yards, 50 touchdowns, 8 interceptions and a 117.2 passer rating. With essentially the same offense, Cassel had 3,693 yards, 21 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and a 89.2 passer rating. While Garoppolo hasn't proven much, Cassel had shown he was probably nothing more than mediocre.

Garoppolo looked good in both of his starts. In his 94 career throws, he has a 106.2 quarterback rating. Clearly it's a small sample size. But Belichick thought highly enough of Garoppolo to draft him in the second round when he had the best quarterback in football. Quarterback is an important enough position that I wouldn't hesitate trading a first round pick for him. It's high risk/very high reward. I'd rather trade a draft pick for Garoppolo than use a draft pick on an also unproven college player. At least with Garoppolo you won't have to wait for him to develop to know if you have the real deal or not.

Edited by michaelredd9

What is it you like? Being nose deep in his rectum?

David doesn't have a "like" symbol in his posts. I liked what he posted. He's right IMO. Noone knows what JG has, and yet someone is going to give up draft picks and alot of $ to find out. It's stupid.

If you had posted what David did I would have clicked the "like". But now that I know you're an a hole...I probably wont

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys
  • Like 4

David doesn't have a "like" symbol in his posts. I liked what he posted. He's right IMO. Noone knows what JG has, and yet someone is going to give up draft picks and alot of $ to find out. It's stupid.

If you had posted what David did I would have clicked the "like". But now that I know you're an a hole...I probably wont

Hey I'm just willing to take a shot on any young QB who has some promise! It's an upgrade any route they go with the crap that's been on the field the last two years. It's a rebuild I don't expect the next guy to step in to be the answer but I'm willing for them to take the chance and that it pans out. If they go a Garrapolo route or a veteran free agent and draft a couple young guys to learn the system for a few years I'm good with it. I am willing to give an offensive mind like Shanahan the benefit of the doubt in choosing correctly. Everyone has the right to be the Monday morning QB with their 2 cents and I respect it but it can't get any worse time to throw some darts and see the if they stick. Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 2