[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greatest QB of all-time

keggerz

Who is the greatest QB of all-time  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the greatest QB of all-time?

Anyone that believes Seattle surely wins if they hand the ball to Lynch is just dumb. That season he had converted a score from the 1 just 1 out of 5 times. To assume he scores it is idiotic. More than that, the Patriots still would have had time to run down the field to win. I believe like 1 minute left? Not like Tom didn't prove he can move the ball down the field quickly or anything.

Ok fair enough. If I had Lynch and the SB was on the line, as it was, I look him in the eye and say, "Beast Mode win us the SB. You got 3 shots". I say he finds a way to run over a few guys to get in. His name is Beast mode for a reason.

Ok fair enough. If I had Lynch and the SB was on the line, as it was, I look him in the eye and say, "Beast Mode win us the SB. You got 3 shots". I say he finds a way to run over a few guys to get in. His name is Beast mode for a reason.

I am not saying that I would not have given it to him myself, but it is just completely asinine to discredit the Patriots Super Bowls because of the actions of other teams. Especially that one because we literally never know what could happen. It is the beauty of sports.

I am not saying that I would not have given it to him myself, but it is just completely asinine to discredit the Patriots Super Bowls because of the actions of other teams. Especially that one because we literally never know what could happen. It is the beauty of sports.

I'm not discrediting their SB's at all, they still had to play awesome to win the games. I'm just pointing out how amazing things happen that seem to make it easier for them that's all. I mean how do you not kick a field goal after Jones's catch? How do they run 4 times in the second half up 28-3, 28-9, 28-12. Seriously, I just don't understand what goes through a play callers mind after watching Ryan drop back and take a sack fumble thus proving he is incapable of making the right decisions on a 7 step drop. Yet on the 22 they drop him back not once but twice. Even after the sack they do it again just to make sure they can't kick the FG. Retarded if you ask me.

The could have taken a knee three times, taking time off the clock and TOs from NE, kick the FG and won the SB. It was really that simple.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I believe Brady is greatest of all time even if I don't like that fact . Always held Montana on a different level but Brady has surpassed that at this point. Being undefeated at 4-0 is super bowl does look nicer to some degree than 5-2 but the 5 is the key and difference maker

I believe Brady is greatest of all time even if I don't like that fact . Always held Montana on a different level but Brady has surpassed that at this point. Being undefeated at 4-0 is super bowl does look nicer to some degree than 5-2 but the 5 is the key and difference maker

I think making it 7 times should count also.

I'm not discrediting their SB's at all, they still had to play awesome to win the games. I'm just pointing out how amazing things happen that seem to make it easier for them that's all. I mean how do you not kick a field goal after Jones's catch? How do they run 4 times in the second half up 28-3, 28-9, 28-12. Seriously, I just don't understand what goes through a play callers mind after watching Ryan drop back and take a sack fumble thus proving he is incapable of making the right decisions on a 7 step drop. Yet on the 22 they drop him back not once but twice. Even after the sack they do it again just to make sure they can't kick the FG. Retarded if you ask me.

The could have taken a knee three times, taking time off the clock and TOs from NE, kick the FG and won the SB. It was really that simple.

Oh yes, the Falcon game is much more confusing. The Seahawks had one thing go wrong. The Falcons made questionable play call after questionable play call.

• Like 1

I think Brady is a legend. BB as well. My only issue with the Pats is that they have a cakewalk division and its been that way for a while. Their uniforms barely get dirty until the AFC championship game . You play who is put in front of you , I get that , but it must be nice to be able to win the division on cruise control year after year

innacurate.

Brady's career win % reg season: 77.2%

in division win %; 78.9

out of division win %: 76.2

4 more wins out of division over the entire course of his career, and it would be identical.

Edited by Bring Back Pat!!!

innacurate.

Brady's career win % reg season: 77.2%

in division win %; 78.9

out of division win %: 76.2

4 more wins out of division over the entire course of his career, and it would be identical.

Im not saying they never win outside of the division, I am saying the division is so traditionally bad, that they usually coast to winning it. Chip in a few out of division wins and they get their annual bye week.

• Like 3

Way to go out on a limb there! :)

I needed to establish my feelings on that before I made my point about their division being the equivalent of playing wichita state 6 times a year

• Like 1

They were trying to do more than just settle for a FG there, that is why they tried to throw, or didn't just take a knee 3 times (nobody would do that in this situation, and its only suggested because they lost yards and failed to attempt the FG.

I think Brady is one of the greatest, but really benefitted from a great head coach, and a well managed team in general. Maybe he's more clutch than Peyton, maybe its more of an accumulated experience thing, and a similarly skilled QB would have done nearly as well with the same surrounding cast and experience.

I will say this, I feel the Pats did more to win this game than the Falcons did to lose it. Many said they choked, but from the 28-3 score it was simply NE doing everything right, and ATL not being able to do anything as well as before that (they could not move the ball, and they could not stop NE).

• Like 1

They were trying to do more than just settle for a FG there, that is why they tried to throw, or didn't just take a knee 3 times (nobody would do that in this situation, and its only suggested because they lost yards and failed to attempt the FG, .

I think Brady is one of the greatest, but really benefitted from a great head coach, and a well managed team in general. Maybe he's more clutch than Peyton, maybe its more of an accumulated experience thing, and a similarly skilled QB would have done nearly as well with the same surrounding cast and experience.

I will say this, I feel the Pats did more to win this game than the Falcons did to lose it. Many said they choked, but from the 28-3 score it was simply NE doing everything right, and ATL not being able to do anything as well as before that (they could not move the ball, and they could not stop NE).

They ran the ball 5 times after they went up 25 pts. Inexcusable imo

Edit: they had to have been averaging at least 5 ypc at that point, it's not like it wasn't working

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

They ran the ball 5 times after they went up 25 pts. Inexcusable imo

Edit: they had to have been averaging at least 5 ypc at that point, it's not like it wasn't working

Run plays in second half...

-3 yards

5 yards

0 yards

9 yards

-3 yards

8 yards

1 yard

2 yards

1 yard

Running the ball just wasn't as effective in the second half. The hind sight of this game is just ridiculous. What would everyone be saying if the Falcons ran the ball every play in the second half and they punted every time? The Falcons played "not to lose" and therefore deserved to lose. Coaching in the NFL requires so much strategy that us common folk can't begin to understand or see.

• Like 3

Play and simple break it down like this... Brady has ice running through his veins is more clutch than anyone in big situations in the history of maybe any sport. He won that game more than Atlanta lost it. He has to be damn near perfect in the comeback effort once again and he was! Some lucky breaks sure but no one else brings that team back to win that game but him PERIOD... Well maybe Montana :wink:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 1

Im not saying they never win outside of the division, I am saying the division is so traditionally bad, that they usually coast to winning it. Chip in a few out of division wins and they get their annual bye week.

But they don't gain an advantage by beating up on a weak division. That's inaccurate. I just showed you. Winning percentage difference in and out is negligible. Unless you think the rest of the NFL is traditionally bad too?

• Like 1

But they don't gain an advantage by beating up on a weak division. That's inaccurate. I just showed you. Winning percentage difference in and out is negligible. Unless you think the rest of the NFL is traditionally bad too?

So cruising to the division title every year in a weak division is not an advantage ?

• Like 2

what Brady means to that team

You mean the team that has gone 14-6 without him and the same "greatest ever" who threw a pick 6 in the SB and was off more than a few times in this game but was saved by incredible catches (and handed the SB win on a platter by ATL)?

LMAO @ this thread

• Like 3

So cruising to the division title every year in a weak division is not an advantage ?

The division is not any weaker than any other. Here's proof. If you're interested in facts instead of doing anything you can to continue your false narrative.

Going back the last 8 years, because that's all I really have the time to do. I looked at the combined records of the bottom 3 teams in every division in the AFC. Since it's those teams the Pats play, I took NE's records out, along with the first place team in the other three, to see how difficult the road to a first round bye really is. Here are the combined records:

AFC East 172-212

AFC North 172-210-2

AFC South 142-242

AFC West 167-217

What you're getting blinded by is that no other team can step up to defeat them and win the division. But those teams have often won 8-10 games and have been good teams.

• Like 2

The division is not any weaker than any other. Here's proof. If you're interested in facts instead of doing anything you can to continue your false narrative.

Going back the last 8 years, because that's all I really have the time to do. I looked at the combined records of the bottom 3 teams in every division in the AFC. Since it's those teams the Pats play, I took NE's records out, along with the first place team in the other three, to see how difficult the road to a first round bye really is. Here are the combined records:

AFC East 172-212

AFC North 172-210-2

AFC South 142-242

AFC West 167-217

What you're getting blinded by is that no other team can step up to defeat them and win the division. But those teams have often won 8-10 games and have been good teams.

You can cook the numbers any way you like. My point is simple. You are virtually guaranteed a playoff spot every year , which most teams have to dogfight for. Im not saying the Pats arent an awesome team , but the Jets , Fins and Bills havent scared anyone in ages . Cruise to playoffs and division win, get bye week when you earn a few wins out of the division. They hardly break a sweat until the divisional round. Its the old 49ers all over again. Awesome team , legendary qb and coach , but division was a bunch of patsies

• Like 1

You can cook the numbers any way you like. My point is simple. You are virtually guaranteed a playoff spot every year , which most teams have to dogfight for. Im not saying the Pats arent an awesome team , but the Jets , Fins and Bills havent scared anyone in ages . Cruise to playoffs and division win, get bye week when you earn a few wins out of the division. They hardly break a sweat until the divisional round. Its the old 49ers all over again. Awesome team , legendary qb and coach , but division was a bunch of patsies

Not cooking any numbers, just facts. But, like I said, you don't want facts, you just want to create your own story. It's a nice fairy tail, it really is. You should sell it to Disney.

Since 2001 they have won the division 14 times (Jets won it in 2008 and 2002)

in that time frame , their "competition"

Buffalo Bills 83-130

Dolphins 98-115

Jets are 105-108

all under .500

Im not a hater. Im an NFC guy. I dont mind that Pats at all and I think Brady is a legend . I'm just stating the facts regarding their path to the playoffs every year. its a cakewalk

Edited by whomper
  • Like 2

Yes I cannot think of a division where 3 of the 4 teams have had less success (not W-L%, but actually winning the division) in the recent past. PIT has had to contend with BAL/CIN, DEN with KC/OAK/SD at various times, IND has had it easy, but TEN/HOU have been good at times.

And the NFC east has a 4 way battle for who can pummel the other one into submission.

Not surprising that a Pats fan cannot accept that they have any sort of advantage ever...

Yes I cannot think of a division where 3 of the 4 teams have had less success (not W-L%, but actually winning the division) in the recent past. PIT has had to contend with BAL/CIN, DEN with KC/OAK/SD at various times, IND has had it easy, but TEN/HOU have been good at times.

And the NFC east has a 4 way battle for who can pummel the other one into submission.

Not surprising that a Pats fan cannot accept that they have any sort of advantage ever...

I'd rather dive into the shallow end head first than try and lay it out for them anymore... Instead ill watch others try and spare myself the last few hairs I have left on my scalp.